Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
beatboxer On March 25, 2010

, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Jun 22, 2009 @ 21:14:48
@fuzzy_hand_cuffs Said

you should have sex at ne age...
its one of our most primal and natural instincts. So y take that away from us by putting stupid laws? that is gay

i agree with that!
Bluskiez On July 02, 2009

#48New Post! Jun 23, 2009 @ 04:23:40
Is anyone else having trouble posting? I can't post a new topic and I couldn't reply to another post.
fuzzy_hand_cuffs On December 30, 2009
I WORK OUT

Clarksville, Tennessee
#49New Post! Jun 23, 2009 @ 04:44:08
nope im fine
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#53New Post! Jun 23, 2009 @ 11:58:13
@curiouskat Said

Oh wow, that is terrible. A year in prison for an honest relationship?
Goes to show the law can work both ways.
Good example of the other side of the fence.

They ended up getting married something like a year after he was released. They're still married, and have a son. Because of his conviction, though, they can't get any public housing assistance, even when they couldn't possibly afford a place on their own. The reason? He has to register as a sex offender.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#54New Post! Jun 23, 2009 @ 12:02:07
@Wingsy Said

They ended up getting married something like a year after he was released. They're still married, and have a son. Because of his conviction, though, they can't get any public housing assistance, even when they couldn't possibly afford a place on their own. The reason? He has to register as a sex offender.

That's horrific Poor bloke.

I totally disagree with things like that, quite obviously she was old enough to make up her mind and I think there should be clauses that protect people in legitimate relationships. Obviously some 16/17 year old girls will be taken advantage of by a bloke who's only a few years older but I think perhaps if it' a case of an 18 year old with a 16/17 year old then it should be up to the girl to bring prosecution unless she is deemed too vulnerable (learning disabilities etc) to be able to make a decision.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#55New Post! Jun 23, 2009 @ 12:08:17
@Wingsy Said

That's why I think the sex offender registry shoud be changed. It was created for pedophiles & rapists and I know of another guy that is in the situation as your cousin.
It's bulls***! To be safe, just don't have sex with anyone under 18 if you're over. People do not have to have sex. I know hormones can take over, but still, with the law being like it is nowadays.
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#56New Post! Jun 23, 2009 @ 15:23:53
@plebian_angel Said

That's why I think the sex offender registry shoud be changed. It was created for pedophiles & rapists and I know of another guy that is in the situation as your cousin.
It's bulls***! To be safe, just don't have sex with anyone under 18 if you're over. People do not have to have sex. I know hormones can take over, but still, with the law being like it is nowadays.

Thankfully I don't think it's common enough (the prosecutions) from what I've heard to be any real deterrent. Granted it is technically illegal but morally it's a different situation if they're in a relationship!

It's unfair and is 'protecting' people from someone that's no threat and ruining a perfectly reasonable/nice person's life.
curiouskat On February 16, 2010

Deleted

Adelaide, Australia
#57New Post! Jun 23, 2009 @ 23:17:23
@Wingsy Said

He what???!!!!!
Even now, when they are married he cant have his conviction overturned?
No right to appeal?
Blimey, how the hell that is justice is beyond me!
I dont get it all, how is it that he can be punished time and again for not alot at all when there is REAL sex offenders getting on with life here in Aus like nothing ever happened?
Tell them to move here, they relocate sex offenders, find housing FOR them and hide their identity to the public.
His offence would be like a 'get out of jail free' card here,lol.
fuzzy_hand_cuffs On December 30, 2009
I WORK OUT

Clarksville, Tennessee
#59New Post! Jun 24, 2009 @ 01:31:11
@Wingsy Said

Oh dear lord, this is y I hate our government...Stupid laws that f*** up ppls lives who dont deserve it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs