long distance

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Claremac84 On September 18, 2009

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Apr 28, 2009 @ 20:28:40
@FallenAngels Said

How do y'all feel about long distance relationships? Good? Bad? Shouldn't exist? Looking for opinions on mine.

I think as long as you love each other and are both willing to commit to it then it should work out fine. Your only young and its probably a good thing because you can both hang out with your friends and then really enjoy the time you do get to spend together. As the saying goes... absence makes the heart grow fonder'
SimplyxComplicated On June 28, 2023

Fort Worth, Texas
#17New Post! Apr 28, 2009 @ 20:36:50
@Elite_Dragon Said

I am in a long distance relationship with Calypso from TFS and we seem to be perfect for eachother as someone else has said above if you are willing to put in the work then they do work.... after all nobody knows what is going to happen in the future so if it feels right then go for it.

Me and Calypso are and its a great feeling

Glad to hear you guys are doing great!
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#18New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 05:50:55
Long distance relationships are very hard, but if that person means a lot to you, then it's worth the hassle.

It's stupid for people to say they just don't work, because there are many cases where long distance relationships work just fine. I've been in a long distance relationship for a long time now, and we're getting married soon, so clearly they DO work, it just takes a bit more effort.
CptObvious On February 04, 2010

Miami, Florida
#19New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 05:56:42
what is the point of being in a relationship if you never see the person? eventually you will meet someone locally and when you see how much better it is to actually be with them, the long distance relationship will cease to exist
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#20New Post! Apr 29, 2009 @ 17:24:08
@CptObvious Said

what is the point of being in a relationship if you never see the person? eventually you will meet someone locally and when you see how much better it is to actually be with them, the long distance relationship will cease to exist

That's not always the case. I've been in a long distance relationship for a long time and I have never had eyes for another person, and my fiance has never thought about leaving me for someone closer either. We stay together because we're in LOVE. When you love someone as much as we do, everyone else is just second best, and the thought of leaving would just be crazy.

It looks like you think everyone will meet someone closer and leave their long distance partner at some point, and well, that's just not the case.
darkangel28 On February 08, 2019
im a maplestoryadict

damn it started snowing again,
#21New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 03:17:18
i am dating a guy who lives an hour away from me and i havent seen him all week but if u are busy during the week it can be kinda hard but we always talk or text eachother all the time and being with someone who lives that far away from you it can be hard cuz it makes it so u cant really see eachother very much only on the weekends or when your not working its kinda easy for me right now i am unemployed i am not working but once i start its gonna be harder for us to see eachother long distance relationships usually for me dont really work out i have been in one before with a guy who lived 2 hours away from me i hardly ever saw him.
sometimes we would go weeks with out seeing eachother.
so it can be kinda hard.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#22New Post! Apr 30, 2009 @ 08:09:10
@FallenAngels Said

How do y'all feel about long distance relationships? Good? Bad? Shouldn't exist? Looking for opinions on mine.

Long distance relationships are tough; it doesn't mean that the 2 people involved can't love each other or want to make it work....relationships need to evolve, and thats hard to achieve if you interact mainly on the phone or via email.

It's natural to want to be with the person you care for - sex aside (although it's important) it's nice to be able to spend time with that person, doing stuff together, experiencing life together. That's also how you get to know someone and whether finally, you are suited in the long term.

If both people are determined to make as much effort as they can to stay in touch, and get together when they can, it can work out. If the seperation is too long, or permanent, the affection often fades no matter how hard both people try.
ph34rmaster04 On July 16, 2017

Deleted

, Alaska
#23New Post! May 02, 2009 @ 01:50:11
Long distance relationships can be okay if you have the right person, but no matter how much you love them, it is always hard. I know... been there, done that, and I have friends who have had a lot of experience, too. It's never as good as a normal relationship can be, it seems. But if you DO have a long-distance relationship, it's best if you have at least some plans of seeing each other in the future, or just try not to make it too serious if you want to avoid hurting yourself. But in a normal situation, I would recommend avoiding them if possible. But you can't help your heart, so if you do fall in love and end up long-distance, then just be careful. It takes a lot of patience... not everyone can pull it off.

I had a puddin' once... he was really great and all, but we ended up getting in a huge argument and since it was a long-distance relationship and our main source of communication was the internet, we never really spoke again. So unless you have some serious hard-core devotion and a killer sense of patience, then it can be almost impossible.
soypuke On May 13, 2009

Deleted

#24New Post! May 02, 2009 @ 01:53:18
Tough. Im sort of bitter about them because of the fleecing i've been through, but then again, i think people are people, online, offline, doesnt really matter, most people suck in general, some are really cool.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs