Random

Call him Sir Ted Kennedy: Senator will be knighted by Queen Elizabeth

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#1New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 18:35:05
When this event was current over a month ago, I was talking with a 'native' of London about it. How they ( The Kennedys) seem to think they are America's Royalty .It's not for nothing , my earliest memories of hearing anything about them was ,the Kenndy's were more Holly Wood kind of folks and not so much Washington DC. . After that chat I did a little research and when I came across this quote I knew the family is SO Much More Washington DC than my granddad figured ,,,

Quote:
?Don't buy a single vote more than necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide.? Joseph P. Kennedy, father of John F. Kennedy, (1888-1969)

News | 03/04/2009

Call him Sir Ted Kennedy: Senator will be knighted by Queen Elizabeth

BY MICHAEL SAUL

Prime Minister Gordon Brown revealed Wednesday that Queen Elizabeth is awarding honorary knighthood to Sen. Ted Kennedy, the ailing scion of one of the nation's most famous and storied political families.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/03/04/2009-03-04_call_him_sir_ted_kennedy_senator_will_be.html
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 18:36:49
Maybe he'll die before it happens.

That'd be real sad.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#3New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 18:42:57
@jonnythan Said

Maybe he'll die before it happens.

That'd be real sad.

It's already taken place. Sometime last month.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#4New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 18:50:29
Well, there is this at least:

"As an American citizen, this title would be purely honorary, and therefore he is not entitled to the honorific "Sir" "
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 18:50:35
If Elton "I'm more camp than a row of tents" John can become a Knight of the realm, anyone can.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 19:03:06
It's been too long since there was a good old fashioned overthrowing of the Monarchy and new Monarch put in place.

Getting bored of our Monarchy, they are a bit s***.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#7New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 19:05:43
@jonnythan Said

Well, there is this at least:

"As an American citizen, this title would be purely honorary, and therefore he is not entitled to the honorific "Sir" "

Yes , I knew it is a honorary title .
I thought of the founders of our country, and what they fought and won ,to make our country what is known as the USA , it sounds like Ted Kennedy is mocking America in a way . It's not that the sky will fall down or the earth will shatter,,, it's just that he is a long time political figure along with damn near every other member of the family. If a regular rich and
well known person did this ,it wouldn't make a ripple in the news.
When was the last time a Kennedy was in the news for something "Political" ???
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#8New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 19:08:18
@SparklyKatie Said

If Elton "I'm more camp than a row of tents" John can become a Knight of the realm, anyone can.

Isn't Elton John a native of UK ? I never have been a fan of his ,,
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 19:16:51
@iwannano Said
When was the last time a Kennedy was in the news for something "Political" ???

Ted was in the news for political stuff all the time right up until his stroke. Now he's back and he's making news again. Ted Kennedy is a powerful, influential Senator.

His neice Caroline was recently considered for Hillary Clinton's vacated Senate seat. Neice Kathleen was governor of Maryland until 2003. Son Patrick and nephew Joseph are both members of the House of Representatives.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#10New Post! Apr 07, 2009 @ 19:31:51
@jonnythan Said

Ted was in the news for political stuff all the time right up until his stroke. Now he's back and he's making news again. Ted Kennedy is a powerful, influential Senator.

His niece Caroline was recently considered for Hillary Clinton's vacated Senate seat. Neice Kathleen was governor of Maryland until 2003. Son Patrick and nephew Joseph are both members of the House of Representatives.

Nothing as important as a honorary knighthood tho,,,,

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs