The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

White People Are Losing Their Minds In The Obama Era.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#91New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 01:32:27
@buffalobill90 Said

It seems like 'white' people are just as diverse as black or Asian or South American people. They originate from far more places than just the Caucasus.

I agree, and I never said I understood it just that I knew what it meant. I think they may have gotten it from the fact that Whites can trace their origins to the Caucasus. Of course, so can many other races like the Turks and Indians (whose ancestry are the Aryan tribes, anyways), so why only Whites I don't know.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#92New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 01:32:56
Sorry, double post. Ignore this 1.
iwannano On May 19, 2010
Mountain William

Deleted

#93New Post! Feb 27, 2009 @ 02:31:32
@karljkampovsky Said

I do not explain myself to your ilk !

that is ok. It has come out that you like to rearange words replaceing some with others and qwhen you have almost completely changed what the original statement meant you start posting your version over and over . I want to take back my requisit for you to explane anything .
jonyfries On March 04, 2009

Lawrence, Kansas
#94New Post! Feb 28, 2009 @ 16:13:34
I have not heard a single person complain about the skin color of our president. I've heard plenty of people who detest the stimulus package, hate the his position on gun control, and fear a socialization of america's economy. But nothing about his race.

Secondly, every American has the opportunity to do anything with their lives that they want. That is not to say that everyone has the same access, ie it will be harder for some people than others. Not because of their race but rather because of the culture they are raised in.

A very good article written on the power of education is "On the Uses of A Liberal Education: 2. As a weapon in the hands of the restless poor" (google search the title for the full article).

The author of the article provided free education to very poor people from inner cities. One of his students told him one day that she was being told by people she know that it "wasn't no use goin' to school because the white man wouldn't let you up no matter what" (Shorris, 9). Don't try, the white man won't let you succeed. Who was trying to prevent that woman's success, the 'white man' or her 'friends' telling her to give up. I can not tell you if any one person that tries will succeed or fail but I can guarantee that any person that does not try will not succeed.

So after this free education how did those who ignored the negative attitude of their friends and neighbors do?

"A year after graduation, ten of the first sixteen Clemente Course graduates were attending four-year colleges or going to nursing school; four of them had received full scholarships to Bard College. The other graduates were attending community college or working full time. Except for one: she had been fired from her job in a fast-food restaurant for trying to start a union" (Shorris, 13).

They didn't learn reading, writing, nor arithmetic in this course. They didn't learn how to repair cars or design buildings. They learned 'useless' information; symbolic logic, poetry, art history, american history through documents (such as the Magna Carta), and philosophy. Nothing that they learned would be inaccessible to anyone able to get into a library.

Would it be harder for a student from the inner city where this knowledge is not valued nor taught to learn and appreciate this knowledge. Yes. But no one is stopping you but yourself, no one can make you succeed except yourself. You have to earn your place in the world. Racism is an excuse for failure, not a reason. You can succeed, believe it and work for it and you have a chance. Choose to ignore it and you will fail and it doesn't matter one iota what I or anyone else does for you, you will fail.
buffalobill90 On July 12, 2013