AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#46New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 18:03:12
@ShadyFx8 Said

they meditate in solid gold temples when the budhists live in straw huts out in the weather, they tell them bad things happened to them because of the bad s*** they did in a past life.

the ideology spits in the face of human achievement and they sit around trying to find some ectasy that doesent really exist

i dont research buddism often because i dont like it and its not relevant to me

i dident expect to defend what i said here because this is was meant to be a simple light hearted fun thread

Well, there are silly traditions in Buddhism, like there is in any other religion. You have to look at what the base of the religion is, not all the traditions, Siddhartha Guatama, obviously would disagree with the temples, and overkill in tradition. There are different types of Buddhists too, there not all the same.

Simple and light hearted? Well, you might want to relook that, there was nothing simple and light hearted about this thread. If you were looking for something simple, truly, you wouldn't be having such negative thoughts on what everyone says.

Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#48New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 18:17:08
@ShadyFx8 Said

just like reciting my top 3 movies. light hearted list making

Well. The difference between religions and movies are this.

Movies are 1-3 hours long.

Religions are life changing choices, that some people take very seriously.

This example you give is not comparable, really.

kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#49New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 18:24:18
@ShadyFx8 Said

this does NOT go in the religouse forum, its just a bit of fun

My top 3 would be

3. Tie with Christianity and scientology. Christianity has taken such a dramatic hold over humanity and has such horrible ideology?s. scientology is scary because its onley been around for 50 years and it growing in number, 500,000 people are part of the church. I wish it was squashed because it could gain momentum

2. Buddhism. Sick f***ed up religion under the guise of an atheistic tool of self fulfilment, peace and acceptance. We need to stand up ageist it, we need a f*** Buddhism week

Number 1 worst religion, have to go with the obvious choice and say Islam, a religion that manages to be more violent and intolerant then Christianity

Why should Scientology be squashed, just because it's popular? I don't agree with its ideas, but your reason for dislike is stupid. Christianity may be a huge religion with a lot of influence, but that doesn't make it bad. There are plenty of people who benefit from becoming Christian, as well as those who are too in-your-face, but that doesn't make the religion a bad one.
I have no idea what you think Buddhism is, but it sounds like you've got a messed up idea of it.
Your first two arguments are weak, idiotic and un-researched.

Finally, your last point; Islam. Your view seems to be based off a mistaken understanding of what you've seen on TV. You're thinking of extremist Islam, not the everyday kind, which is against what the extremists are doing. Extremist Muslims have been openly disowned by their moderate counterparts. Terrorist bombers are not true Muslims.

Altogether I have this to say: Do your homework and try again.

To other readers; isn't the OP against the TOS?
ShadyFx8 On October 11, 2017

cairns, Australia
#50New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 19:26:26
@kit Said

Why should Scientology be squashed, just because it's popular? I don't agree with its ideas, but your reason for dislike is stupid. Christianity may be a huge religion with a lot of influence, but that doesn't make it bad. There are plenty of people who benefit from becoming Christian, as well as those who are too in-your-face, but that doesn't make the religion a bad one.
I have no idea what you think Buddhism is, but it sounds like you've got a messed up idea of it.
Your first two arguments are weak, idiotic and un-researched.

Finally, your last point; Islam. Your view seems to be based off a mistaken understanding of what you've seen on TV. You're thinking of extremist Islam, not the everyday kind, which is against what the extremists are doing. Extremist Muslims have been openly disowned by their moderate counterparts. Terrorist bombers are not true Muslims.

Altogether I have this to say: Do your homework and try again.

To other readers; isn't the OP against the TOS?

i dident make ANY arguments, just listing what i bellive is the 3 worst religions
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 19:28:22
@ShadyFx8 Said

just like reciting my top 3 movies. light hearted list making

Religion is far more personal than film preference.
kit On January 24, 2014

Fife, United Kingdom
#52New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 19:31:12
@ShadyFx8 Said

i dident make ANY arguments, just listing what i bellive is the 3 worst religions

Reasons then. Whatever you wish to call them, they're hugely flawed.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#53New Post! Jan 02, 2009 @ 04:28:10
@ShadyFx8 Said

kelkel1967 On January 09, 2012

greensboro, North Carolina
#54New Post! Jan 02, 2009 @ 04:56:39
@PhoenixNebula Said

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I think there is a more respectful way then this thread. I feel sorry for anyone who is religious and who feels disrespected by this thread...

you are so right !!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs