Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#16New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 05:40:48
@chisa96 Said

hmmm... ur sounding a bit arrogant for a humble teacher of gods word...

i just think mankind would do well to be open to every possibility... if nothing else it develops our creativity to imagine such other concepts of our creation...

Just trying my best to give it to you guys without the grandiose, the message gets delivered without having to quote scripture, and teaching scripture is not what I'm here for at all, there are other boards I could frequent if that were the case.

When I was a child, I came up with a term you might find interesting. Every possibility which ever could exist, does in it's own time and place.

They have been discovering this to be of sorts within the world of quantum physics, an infinite number of universes with an infinite number of variations within. Stuff like that makes you really think of the possibilities.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#17New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 05:46:27
@BrianM Said

Just trying my best to give it to you guys without the grandiose, the message gets delivered without having to quote scripture, and teaching scripture is not what I'm here for at all, there are other boards I could frequent if that were the case.

When I was a child, I came up with a term you might find interesting. Every possibility which ever could exist, does in it's own time and place.

They have been discovering this to be of sorts within the world of quantum physics, an infinite number of universes with an infinite number of variations within. Stuff like that makes you really think of the possibilities.

i know, right... just imagine what other kinds of species and civilizations might exist out there... it seems impossible to me that we're gods biggest focus...
longstock On February 13, 2009

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 06:00:55
@chisa96 Said

i know, right... just imagine what other kinds of species and civilizations might exist out there... it seems impossible to me that we're gods biggest focus...

Well we are, for now anyway. God does have other created beings though...and as for my views being dark, yeah they are but then the scenario surrounding them is equally dark.

You mentioned wanting to leave the world a better place for children/grandchildren etc, the point I would be making is that even for them there really isn't a point.
Eventually the world will end, everything we do will end.
There will be no trace of us (or the universe, assuming the big crunch theory) and everything done, good or bad by people simply doesn't matter...so why not simply live anyway we see fit? tomorrow doesn't matter because nothing does.

I hope that makes a bit more sense, it's hard to put the point I want to make across, tatty bye bye!
Skyseeker On November 01, 2009

idk,
#19New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 06:07:39
Your high
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#20New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 06:08:36
@longstock Said

Well we are, for now anyway. God does have other created beings though...and as for my views being dark, yeah they are but then the scenario surrounding them is equally dark.

You mentioned wanting to leave the world a better place for children/grandchildren etc, the point I would be making is that even for them there really isn't a point.
Eventually the world will end, everything we do will end.
There will be no trace of us (or the universe, assuming the big crunch theory) and everything done, good or bad by people simply doesn't matter...so why not simply live anyway we see fit? tomorrow doesn't matter because nothing does.

I hope that makes a bit more sense, it's hard to put the point I want to make across, tatty bye bye!

i got ur point before, but i still ask this... just because everything will end and we will cease to exist and wont be remembered, does that really mean to you that this life is empty and meaningless? i dont think so... i think it makes it all the more critical to live this life to the fullest and appreciate the world while we can, even if it wont matter after we die...

besides, just cuz we may not be the center of gods attention, that doesnt mean that there's no afterlife...

and im not high... just babbling...
BrianM On December 02, 2008

Deleted

Tacoma, Washington
#21New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 07:03:22
Well, if you take the Jewish perspective, they believe more in line with reward and punishment, as in, you do well for your fellow man, in return you are rewarded with prosperity by having others do good back to you. It makes sense, honestly, are you going to help someone that is selfish, or are you going to help a friend in need that's been there for you in the past. This alone gives you a reason to live better in this life, afterlife or no afterlife, it's just common sense.

The bud hist perspective is a continuous cycle, and in each case, you are rewarded or punished within each successive life, based upon how you lived the current one, and again, this is a good perspective, for it shows that you not only live on, you are rewarded or punished based upon your actions.

The wiccans perspective is again, right in line with these thoughts, they cast spells to harm, they know full well they will have to receive equal, and many believe, compounded backlash of the same to themselves. This is why those that are into the black arts are not necessarily respected for their humanity at all and within that community, they know full well how counterproductive it is to be focusing negative energy is.

Bouncing onto the Christianity, Christ telling us to do unto others as we would have them do unto us, that also makes total sense. And again, is the same teachings.

I look in wonder as to what can be, I wonder about the very nature of reality itself. The fact we think, the fact we even exist alone is something quite profound. Something came from absolute nothing, call it the big bang if you are into that, but this clearly shows, we only are observers of what has manifested, we cannot possibly understand it fully as much as a drop of paint not being able to understand the masterpiece it's made up of.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#22New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 07:07:07
I will be so pissed if someone out there is watching me in the shower.
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#23New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 07:28:54
it is fun to ponder on the possibilities though...
sazac On March 26, 2011

Somewhere Ville, Canada
#24New Post! Nov 23, 2008 @ 20:12:11
It is possible, but God definately cares about us. I know that much.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Nov 23, 2008 @ 20:17:34
Good thread...Should have called it Butterfly dreaming though...most people do usually.

Once upon a time, I, Chuang Chou, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs