magna,
#16New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 00:49:18
@PerfectDreamX Said

confuse fantasy with reality?

ya, but that's nothing new
goodguy7 On November 07, 2009

Prescott, Arizona
#17New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 01:01:17
Yes I can relate! Firstly, have you sought professional help? If you're having sever problems and especially suicidal thoughts you need to seek help right away! I suffer from PTSD/Bi-Polar type 1 from extensive combat in special forces in Vietnam when I was 18 and 19. I repressed it for years - then my world imploded before my eyes. It took me two years to get a handle on what the f*** was even going on. I lost my career, friends almost everything... I know the feelings well of actually loosing ones self, serious lose of focus, reality and much worse! Life can become a living nightnare. 'Been living with this for 10 years now. Have to take meds which I hate but there's little alternative... (don't let them over prescribe)you have to see what works for you and that can take a long time. Watch the movie A BEAUTIFUL MIND - true story and very inspiring - when I saw that, I said to myself, 'if he can do it, so can I'. To a large degree, you can rise above it with your instincts and logic too! There are still huge social stigmas on mental disorders - watch out who you reviel it to. A lot of people just say "snap out of it" or have that attitude - as if the mind, your most fradgule organ, can't also get sick. Tell em to "talk a walk - walk a mile in your shoes" - or just 'take a walk period lol - stay away from negative people. Everyones crazy ya know!!! There are also many support sites on the net. You're super brave to have done this - this post and I applaud you. You've taken the right first step and know you're NOT alone. There are many of us out here. Above all, don't let anyone make you feel inferior or ashamed. Thank you for posting this comment and seeking advice and help. If I can be of help - you know where to find me... I wish you the best!!! Steve
Valenas On March 04, 2009

Here, United States (general)
#18New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 01:03:56
The feeling of "loosing yourself" is actually very normal with people. That, or you, I, and several of my friends and others that I talk to should visit psychologists immediately.

I am not really sure if it the reason behind this feeling is the same for anyone. I will share my own experience and perhaps you can reflect upon yourself and discover the source of your own feeling.

There are times where certain events in my life cause me to want to distance myself from the rest of the world. I want to leave, and when that happens, I start to lose myself. The more I try to escape, the more upset I become, and I just get worse and worse until something (or someone :'D) pulls me back. You just need to find something that keeps you "here."

I see that you are going to a Psychologist already.
Discuss this with him/her, and try to find a reason/reasons behind why this feeling may be occurring and what you can do to solve this.

Good luck.
dumdedum On July 07, 2009

-, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 01:16:42
Theres a quote somewhere that if you think you're going crazy you're probably not.

But I think it refers to thinks like schizophrenia...not general craziness/anxiety issues
radicolpotato On September 14, 2018

magna,
#20New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 01:37:52
@goodguy7 Said

Yes I can relate! Firstly, have you sought professional help? If you're having sever problems and especially suicidal thoughts you need to seek help right away! I suffer from PTSD/Bi-Polar type 1 from extensive combat in special forces in Vietnam when I was 18 and 19. I repressed it for years - then my world imploded before my eyes. It took me two years to get a handle on what the f*** was even going on. I lost my career, friends almost everything... I know the feelings well of actually loosing ones self, serious lose of focus, reality and much worse! Life can become a living nightnare. 'Been living with this for 10 years now. Have to take meds which I hate but there's little alternative... (don't let them over prescribe)you have to see what works for you and that can take a long time. Watch the movie A BEAUTIFUL MIND - true story and very inspiring - when I saw that, I said to myself, 'if he can do it, so can I'. To a large degree, you can rise above it with your instincts and logic too! There are still huge social stigmas on mental disorders - watch out who you reviel it to. A lot of people just say "snap out of it" or have that attitude - as if the mind, your most fradgule organ, can't also get sick. Tell em to "talk a walk - walk a mile in your shoes" - or just 'take a walk period lol - stay away for negative people. There are also many support sites on the net. You're super brave to have done this - this post and I applaud you. You've taken the right first step and know you're NOT alone. There are many of us out here. Above all, don't let anyone make you feel inferior or ashamed. Thank you for posting this comment and seeking advice and help. If I can be of help - you know where to find me... I wish you the best!!! Steve

thank you

magna,
#21New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 01:39:38
@Valenas Said

The feeling of "loosing yourself" is actually very normal with people. That, or you, I, and several of my friends and others that I talk to should visit psychologists immediately.

I am not really sure if it the reason behind this feeling is the same for anyone. I will share my own experience and perhaps you can reflect upon yourself and discover the source of your own feeling.

There are times where certain events in my life cause me to want to distance myself from the rest of the world. I want to leave, and when that happens, I start to lose myself. The more I try to escape, the more upset I become, and I just get worse and worse until something (or someone :'D) pulls me back. You just need to find something that keeps you "here."

I see that you are going to a Psychologist already.
Discuss this with him/her, and try to find a reason/reasons behind why this feeling may be occurring and what you can do to solve this.

Good luck.

thank you
krazybones On November 22, 2008

Deleted

Cemetery Hills, United States
#22New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 03:30:46
@moonlighthopes Said

I have mental issues as well, and I know sometimes when I get really mad or upset, I forget things that happened the next day

How do you know you forgot if you forget?
moonlighthopes On May 30, 2015

, Canada
#23New Post! Nov 03, 2008 @ 03:34:59
@krazybones Said

How do you know you forgot if you forget?

Because there's a blank where the previous night should have been?
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#24New Post! Nov 05, 2008 @ 07:47:13
@radicolpotato Said

i have mental problems, an i have been fealing more strange and i think i am loosing myself and my knowledge of conciseness and reality. cann anyone relate? anny help wuld be appreciated. thanx

If you feel that you are genuinely struggling with the basics of day-to-day stuff, I would recommend that you talk to a health professional - a doctor and then maybe a psychotherapist/psychiatrist. Your doctor will know what to recommend and where to start.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet - in your OP you don't mention whether this has been going on for a while or is something new you have just noticed. Perhaps there is something very stressful that happened recently that set this off for you? Is there is a history of stuff like this in your family? Either of these may be relevant too.

Please see a doctor ASAP and get some help because I feel, based on what you have written, that you do need it, and you will feel better for it. It is great you have reached out in some way to help yourself and I hope you will keep us posted.

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#25New Post! Nov 05, 2008 @ 07:53:21
@goodguy7 Said

Yes I can relate! Firstly, have you sought professional help? If you're having sever problems and especially suicidal thoughts you need to seek help right away! I suffer from PTSD/Bi-Polar type 1 from extensive combat in special forces in Vietnam when I was 18 and 19. I repressed it for years - then my world imploded before my eyes. It took me two years to get a handle on what the f*** was even going on. I lost my career, friends almost everything... I know the feelings well of actually loosing ones self, serious lose of focus, reality and much worse! Life can become a living nightnare. 'Been living with this for 10 years now. Have to take meds which I hate but there's little alternative... (don't let them over prescribe)you have to see what works for you and that can take a long time. Watch the movie A BEAUTIFUL MIND - true story and very inspiring - when I saw that, I said to myself, 'if he can do it, so can I'. To a large degree, you can rise above it with your instincts and logic too! There are still huge social stigmas on mental disorders - watch out who you reviel it to. A lot of people just say "snap out of it" or have that attitude - as if the mind, your most fradgule organ, can't also get sick. Tell em to "talk a walk - walk a mile in your shoes" - or just 'take a walk period lol - stay away from negative people. Everyones crazy ya know!!! There are also many support sites on the net. You're super brave to have done this - this post and I applaud you. You've taken the right first step and know you're NOT alone. There are many of us out here. Above all, don't let anyone make you feel inferior or ashamed. Thank you for posting this comment and seeking advice and help. If I can be of help - you know where to find me... I wish you the best!!! Steve

This is a great post and I hope the OP reads this.

magna,
#26New Post! Nov 06, 2008 @ 06:07:32
@sunandsurf13 Said

If you feel that you are genuinely struggling with the basics of day-to-day stuff, I would recommend that you talk to a health professional - a doctor and then maybe a psychotherapist/psychiatrist. Your doctor will know what to recommend and where to start.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet - in your OP you don't mention whether this has been going on for a while or is something new you have just noticed. Perhaps there is something very stressful that happened recently that set this off for you? Is there is a history of stuff like this in your family? Either of these may be relevant too.

Please see a doctor ASAP and get some help because I feel, based on what you have written, that you do need it, and you will feel better for it. It is great you have reached out in some way to help yourself and I hope you will keep us posted.

yes, this has been going on for a while, i am sorry that i haven't been giving the info. you need.

i have been diagnosed with ocd tendensees, sosia; angziaty, saveer depretion, PTSD, and i have mor crap that hassent been diagnosed yet.
and i am actually seeing a doctor (don't remember what the doctor is called) tomarrow,

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#27New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 06:52:13
@radicolpotato Said

yes, this has been going on for a while, i am sorry that i haven't been giving the info. you need.

i have been diagnosed with ocd tendensees, sosia; angziaty, saveer depretion, PTSD, and i have mor crap that hassent been diagnosed yet.
and i am actually seeing a doctor (don't remember what the doctor is called) tomarrow,

I'm glad you are going back to the doctor and seeking out support for yourself. I too have depression, anxiety and PTSD. I am medicated for it and it has been a god-send for me. I am not saying medication is the answer for you, but it absolutely was for me - I just wish someone had recommended it for me earlier.
JellyBear On November 10, 2008

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Nov 07, 2008 @ 17:58:57
I'll be sending you a PM hun.

Stay safe x

magna,
#29New Post! Nov 08, 2008 @ 03:44:37
@sunandsurf13 Said

I'm glad you are going back to the doctor and seeking out support for yourself. I too have depression, anxiety and PTSD. I am medicated for it and it has been a god-send for me. I am not saying medication is the answer for you, but it absolutely was for me - I just wish someone had recommended it for me earlier.

i am medicated for depression and anxiaty, but i think i need a higher dosage or something
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs