Forums: Art & Literature:
Body Art

tattoo opinion and help wanted =]

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
xeatyerfxckingheartoutx On July 29, 2008

Barrie, Canada
#1New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 22:27:38
Im getting a tattoo next week. Im rather excited about it. Its something i grew up around. Just about everyone in my family has one or more.I've wanted one since I was a teen but waited till I was old enough. My cousin is a professional tattoo artist but he lives fvr away so I'm going with my brother(mind u has over 12 tattoos) to get my first one by one of our family friends at his tattoo shop. I'm getting something somewhat small my husbands name in fancy script over a red Canadian maple leaf. Symbolizing the fact hes Canadian and thats where i now live with him in Canada.hes changed my life so much and gone through so much with me i kind of wanted to tribute for him to symbolize how much he means to me.Its gonna be a surprise for him. I think its gnarly. Anyone have any ideas maybe to spice it up a little or something? I'm open to suggestions. I know its my decision,I just want some insight from some experienced tattooers out there. Thanx a ton
mousebox On February 04, 2022

Tickle Harbour, Canada
#2New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 22:33:13
I'm not into Tattoos but I think it would be nice if you included "Forever" under his name?
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 22:34:19
Well you could get the original idea done, and then you could add something to it later if you wanted?
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#4New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 22:35:25
I think "Forever" might be a bit cliche, personally. I think Laura has a good idea tho
hyena_bambina On December 30, 2010
Queen Boogity

Las Cruces, New Mexico
#5New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 22:43:13
I in no way mean to sound harsh but I personally think the idea of getting your SO's name tattooed on your body to be a rather bad idea. I would wonder if there was some other way that you could display your love and gratitude to him without using his name? Perhaps something else that is significant to the 2 of you. I just think that inking someone's name on you aside from like your childs name or other immeadiate family member is generally not the best idea.
Again I dont mean to sound harsh, but I like the maple leaf idea- maybe something else of significance to u to go along with it?
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 22:52:01
Yeah names are never good
xeatyerfxckingheartoutx On July 29, 2008

Barrie, Canada
#7New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 22:57:04
yeahhh heard it all before but really its not like hes my bf of 2 weeks lol we're married i moved to a different country to be with him. i respect ur opinion though
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 18, 2008 @ 23:21:30
@hyena_bambina Said
I in no way mean to sound harsh but I personally think the idea of getting your SO's name tattooed on your body to be a rather bad idea. I would wonder if there was some other way that you could display your love and gratitude to him without using his name? Perhaps something else that is significant to the 2 of you. I just think that inking someone's name on you aside from like your childs name or other immeadiate family member is generally not the best idea.
Again I dont mean to sound harsh, but I like the maple leaf idea- maybe something else of significance to u to go along with it?

I know someone who had fred tattooed on her lower back as a tribute to her dead cousin. i just can't help but think if her and a.n.other are doing it a certain style then theyre gonna be thinking who the f*** is fred.
heavensent1717 On October 22, 2010

Deleted

I live in my own little world,
#9New Post! Mar 19, 2008 @ 06:26:12
I've gotten 13 over the last nine years. I used to draw all up and down my arms through
highschool till I finall got some ink. My advice- draw out what you're gonna get and
experiment, seee what looks good and doesn't. I've drawn several of my tattoos, the best
thing you can do is make it personal and one of a kind
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#10New Post! Mar 19, 2008 @ 08:15:03
@angelcake Said
I know someone who had fred tattooed on her lower back as a tribute to her dead cousin. i just can't help but think if her and a.n.other are doing it a certain style then theyre gonna be thinking who the f*** is fred.

My sister had her husbands name put on her....they divorced and she hated his guts now
bellestrange On March 08, 2012
Coo Coo Kachoo

South Australia, Australia
#11New Post! Mar 19, 2008 @ 08:22:29
@xeatyerfxckingheartoutx Said
Im getting a tattoo next week. Im rather excited about it. Its something i grew up around. Just about everyone in my family has one or more.I've wanted one since I was a teen but waited till I was old enough. My cousin is a professional tattoo artist but he lives fvr away so I'm going with my brother(mind u has over 12 tattoos) to get my first one by one of our family friends at his tattoo shop. I'm getting something somewhat small my husbands name in fancy script over a red Canadian maple leaf. Symbolizing the fact hes Canadian and thats where i now live with him in Canada.hes changed my life so much and gone through so much with me i kind of wanted to tribute for him to symbolize how much he means to me.Its gonna be a surprise for him. I think its gnarly. Anyone have any ideas maybe to spice it up a little or something? I'm open to suggestions. I know its my decision,I just want some insight from some experienced tattooers out there. Thanx a ton

*Sigh* I have three words for you in regards to tattooing someone's name (other than your child's) on your body. DON'T BE STUPID.
bellestrange On March 08, 2012
Coo Coo Kachoo

South Australia, Australia
#12New Post! Mar 19, 2008 @ 08:26:52
@mousebox Said
I'm not into Tattoos but I think it would be nice if you included "Forever" under his name?

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Please! I don't mean to place any doubts about the topic starter's relationship on her but OMG just because you are married, doesn't necessarily mean she will want her partner's name on her for EVER.

On another note, if you do decide to go through with it, find out before you even book if he is prepared to do the same for you, and if he says yes, get them together.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs