Forums:
Relationships

Dysfunctional Family

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rebel250girl On March 18, 2008

Morristown, Tennessee
#1New Post! Mar 08, 2008 @ 22:46:31
I've been away from TFS for a while. Hope you don't mind me coming back and sharing a bit.

A few weeks ago, I went to my bro & sis-in-law's for drinks, Guitar Hero, homemade pizza, and a movie. We had so much fun. My brother likes to go to bed early, so my sis-in-law and I talked and played GH some more. After I left, she texted me "Luv ya Sis". It was really sweet.

2 weeks go by and we had an encore evening, this time sans movie, and lots of GH. I was "on" that night, getting in the 90 percentile every song, while my sis-in-law proceeded to get a bit tipsy and score in the 50-70 percentile. We talked, laughed, and played until 1:30am. Then she gave me 2 bear hugs and I left.

I was sad mid-week about my breakup with my BF, so I sent my sis-in-law an email. There was a forum that I knew she was in that sounded fun. I asked her permission to join cuz I didn't want to infringe on her territory. She didn't respond, didn't respond for a few days. So I joined anyway. I did see that she had been posting on there daily, and it hurt that she couldn't respond to me.

She finally responded today and told me that she didn't want me to let on that I was related to her. That those friends are her "other life" and she doesn't want to mix family, including the fact that she's married, with that life. It almost makes me feel like she will only say sweet/family/girlfriend things to me when she's loaded.

What do you guys think?
lilbear On January 18, 2010
Aequitas / Veritas!

Deleted

, Canada
#2New Post! Mar 08, 2008 @ 22:55:27
I know it hurts, but I found most people I know that are on forums are let's just say in a fantasy world so to speak, it's their escapism from the real one, and unfortunately that includes family, immediate or not, it's their fantasy world and in that world they can be whom they choose to be and act as they want to act and say what they want to say with no worries of repercussions, I don't think she means to hurt you at all, you're her real family and she loves you greatly, but in her fantasy she may not have a family they are two worlds separate and apart, she can let loose on the forum whereas she can't in real life, it only hurt you cause you found out about it otherwise if you hadn't than it wouldn't have become an issue, you've got the real her, they got the fantasy person so you win hands down in my books.JMO
rebel250girl On March 18, 2008

Morristown, Tennessee
#3New Post! Mar 08, 2008 @ 23:01:56
Thanks lilbear. That does make sense. She does hang out with these people though too. Most weekends she'll be with her new "peeps", which does not include me and my bro. It's weird, we have a similar interest....I like to do the particular thing, but she hangs out with the people that do it. I'm being vague so I don't blow her cover.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs