The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Society & Lifestyles:
Paranormal

What Strange Things Have Happened To You?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Mar 03, 2011 @ 18:47:40
@eli Said

before my grandmother died she promised that she would give us a sign that she was alright. After she died (She had 5 kids) every single one of their watches stopped at the exact same moment, no matter what they did no one could fix it. Thats about the strangest thing I've ever seen. I would call that a sign.

I had the same thing happen when my mum died, she said she'd show a sign too.
So the story goes,

Me, my dad and my sis were having to write her eulogy for the funeral a few evenings after she died, as you can imagine it was very difficult, once we'd finished it we were all exhausted, my dad went upstairs and I went to my temporary room whilst my sister answered the phone...

My temporary room was downstairs and to get through it you walked through the kitchen, straight ahead was the utility where the dogs and cat stayed and to the right of that was my room. There was a baby gate at the kitchen door to stop them wandering in and out through the kitchen. As I was trying to shut it behind me it wouldn't shut, I looked down and saw a small creature, because I freaked out and looked very quickly I initially thought it was a mouse so I ran into my room and tried to shut the door but the creature was stuck in my room door now, trying to follow me.

I looked closer then and saw it was a frog! Which is very weird because we've not had our pond in use or seen any frogs for years, plus it had to hop all the way through the garden, up a long alleyway, into the utility which had a step into and past the 2 big dogs and the cat!! And it managed to follow me so quickly into my room which was impossible!! I was standing on the sofa for about 5 minutes shouting for my dad or sister while the frog just sat still and looked at me. After about 5 minutes, I'd calmed down and started realising it wasn't harmful and my sister came in anyway as she was on the phone to my mum's friend and asked what the shouting was about then saw the frog and burst out laughing. She called my dad down to see, they let the frog into the garden and we all laughed our heads off for a while. It was my dad who is a real, salt of the earth Northern bloke who doesn't stand for any bulls*** or usually believe in that kind of stuff who said it was Mum giving us a sign, she used to use the frogs in the garden - there was just too much for it to be a coincidence...

I did see a ghost/ghost shadow at work once but that isn't as interesting!
eli On July 18, 2011

Deleted

Crazy like a Fox,
#47New Post! Mar 03, 2011 @ 20:28:56
@boobear Said

I had the same thing happen when my mum died, she said she'd show a sign too.
So the story goes,

Me, my dad and my sis were having to write her eulogy for the funeral a few evenings after she died, as you can imagine it was very difficult, once we'd finished it we were all exhausted, my dad went upstairs and I went to my temporary room whilst my sister answered the phone...

My temporary room was downstairs and to get through it you walked through the kitchen, straight ahead was the utility where the dogs and cat stayed and to the right of that was my room. There was a baby gate at the kitchen door to stop them wandering in and out through the kitchen. As I was trying to shut it behind me it wouldn't shut, I looked down and saw a small creature, because I freaked out and looked very quickly I initially thought it was a mouse so I ran into my room and tried to shut the door but the creature was stuck in my room door now, trying to follow me.

I looked closer then and saw it was a frog! Which is very weird because we've not had our pond in use or seen any frogs for years, plus it had to hop all the way through the garden, up a long alleyway, into the utility which had a step into and past the 2 big dogs and the cat!! And it managed to follow me so quickly into my room which was impossible!! I was standing on the sofa for about 5 minutes shouting for my dad or sister while the frog just sat still and looked at me. After about 5 minutes, I'd calmed down and started realising it wasn't harmful and my sister came in anyway as she was on the phone to my mum's friend and asked what the shouting was about then saw the frog and burst out laughing. She called my dad down to see, they let the frog into the garden and we all laughed our heads off for a while. It was my dad who is a real, salt of the earth Northern bloke who doesn't stand for any bulls*** or usually believe in that kind of stuff who said it was Mum giving us a sign, she used to use the frogs in the garden - there was just too much for it to be a coincidence...

I did see a ghost/ghost shadow at work once but that isn't as interesting!

awwwwwwww! That sounds like it was fun and interesting. Isn't it wonderful when you get a sign from your loved ones that they are alright? <3
hwhaker On October 13, 2011

, Alabama
#48New Post! Oct 04, 2011 @ 04:15:11
I lived in a home that was occupied by the old owner lady.

She was quite nice, and I believe that she enjoyed the fact that I was taking care of the home. She use to sit beside me when I watched TV. The light in the lamp would dim as if there was a brownout, but all other lights would be glowing bright, and it wasn't a dimming lamp. Also, I would feel her sit on the bed beside me as I was cosying into bed. I just figured that she was tucking me in. She came into my room once through the door. She was vivid as you and I from the waist up, but faded quickly to no legs. She just looked in and was gone. That's when I realized what it was that was doing the funny stuff around the house like opening doors. Hiding my keys, and other funny stuff of the sort.

I actually enjoyed sharing the space with her. She was quite the conversation piece.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs