Forums:
Random

*Ding - Ding* FIRE! *Ding - Ding*

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chuckie On February 13, 2010

NoWhereVille,
#1New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 18:49:48
For the first time in my life, I witnessed a house & part of a family business go up in flames last nite. Grandma's house is completely engulfed & not one thing remains The family business - well only the main bldg was destroyed. They still have 2 more bldgs that have a majority of their inventory... so that's not too bad; but still a loss. Has anyone on TFS witness first hand a fire & in association with it? Care to share your experience?
Charles On November 16, 2010

, Christmas Island
#2New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 18:52:47
I've had several places I worked blown up on me. Luckily I always was able to get out before they went up but it's an awful feeling to stand and watch your space going up in flames or a cloud of dust.
twiztidangel On May 19, 2010
Why So Serious?

kingdom of muggles, Canada
#3New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 18:54:01
Just last week the building attached to my work caught on fire, the roof did lol. There was like black smoke everywhere and flames, 5 fire trucks and all these camera men. it was pretty crazy, but the hype of it eventually got boring. Everyone was okay though

NoWhereVille,
#4New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 18:57:58
yes, everyone was fine @ grandma's & that fam. biz... grandma is actually in an asstant living facility & the biz is not open on the wkends... that was a blessing for sure. but it was heartbreaking to see the sad faces all i could do was offer any & all of my services to them. but it was very hard for me to see everything of grandma's be burned away i'm not sure anyone has told her yet about her house & everything in it is gone for good

NoWhereVille,
#5New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 18:59:34
there was 5 fire trucks, one ambulance, on red cross truck, 2 or 3 state troopers, 1-2 sheriffs cars, a couple pple from the local newspaper... lots of spectators...
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#6New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 20:07:01
Years ago my dad had a shop and I was working in it. I could hear a hissing sound. As it was the Winter we had a gas fire on beside us.

Beside it there was a unit with bags of sugar in it. I thought a bag of sugar had burst and I bent down to listen if the noise was coming from there.

As I bent down the gas fire exploded and went up in flames. I ran out of the shop and up the stairs squealing that the shop was on fire.

We where taken into the house next door and my dad and other people tried to put out the fire until the fire brigade arrived.

My hair and eye brows where singed, but thankfully no one was hurt.

Its an experience I would not like to go through again and it must be awful to be burnt alive in a fire.
mollymalone On March 01, 2008

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#7New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 20:07:34
Im glad your grandmother is ok, and sure buildings and stock can be replaced again.
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#8New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 20:37:33
@chuckie Said
For the first time in my life, I witnessed a house & part of a family business go up in flames last nite. Grandma's house is completely engulfed & not one thing remains The family business - well only the main bldg was destroyed. They still have 2 more bldgs that have a majority of their inventory... so that's not too bad; but still a loss. Has anyone on TFS witness first hand a fire & in association with it? Care to share your experience?

OMG, I am so sorry for this happening to your family.

god bless!
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#9New Post! Dec 02, 2007 @ 21:40:34
I've seen quite a number of fires in my lifetime, but never in association with it..by the grace of God.
odie On August 04, 2008

Deleted
Banned

toronto, Canada
#10New Post! Dec 03, 2007 @ 02:16:56
@mollymalone Said
Years ago my dad had a shop and I was working in it. I could hear a hissing sound. As it was the Winter we had a gas fire on beside us.

Beside it there was a unit with bags of sugar in it. I thought a bag of sugar had burst and I bent down to listen if the noise was coming from there.

As I bent down the gas fire exploded and went up in flames. I ran out of the shop and up the stairs squealing that the shop was on fire.

We where taken into the house next door and my dad and other people tried to put out the fire until the fire brigade arrived.

Its an experience I would not like to go through again and it must be awful to be burnt alive in a fire.

oh my god, I can only imagine!

NoWhereVille,
#11New Post! Dec 03, 2007 @ 04:45:06
@mollymalone Said

all i can say is "Wow!"... i am so glad you were not really hurt. what a blessing that as you bent down & they gas fire exploded, you were able to run away from it. getting the hair & eye brows singed, that happened to my oldest sister. she was trying to light our gas oven. all i heard was a loud pop, and when i came into the kitchen, i saw her smacking her face/eye brow area. it freaked me out...

NoWhereVille,
#12New Post! Dec 03, 2007 @ 04:47:48
@mollymalone Said
Im glad your grandmother is ok, and sure buildings and stock can be replaced again.

thank you, grandma is a VERY special woman to me! i love her do dearly and i think they are considering already to rebuild & probably have an idea of how to re-design the new bldg.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs