Sports

Scotland close in on England

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
xphile2868 On July 01, 2015

Preston, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Nov 18, 2007 @ 14:42:20
I really wanted Scotland, England, Wales and the Republic of Ireland to all go through to the finals, but that isnt going to happen. Scotland are actually a very underestimated side and can actually beat most teams on a good day.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Nov 18, 2007 @ 14:45:27
@xphile2868 Said
I really wanted Scotland, England, Wales and the Republic of Ireland to all go through to the finals, but that isnt going to happen. Scotland are actually a very underestimated side and can actually beat most teams on a good day.

I wish more people thought like you do.

I just get sick of the amount of English people who can't be supportive of Scotland, their so petty about football that they wanted Italy to beat us yesterday. It really is no wonder that there's such an anti-English sentament in Scotland at the moment (sportswise).
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#18New Post! Nov 18, 2007 @ 18:28:13
@jmo Said
I wish more people thought like you do.

I just get sick of the amount of English people who can't be supportive of Scotland, their so petty about football that they wanted Italy to beat us yesterday. It really is no wonder that there's such an anti-English sentament in Scotland at the moment (sportswise).

You are being ironic, aren't you? No, this just has to be a joke post.

Maybe, just maybe a handful of English are now starting to behave like Scots have towards English for decades. To complain when the boot is on the other foot, to complain that English dare not support the side who show them such bile. Oh come on!

The majority of English support the "home sides". The same cannot be said of Scots, Welsh etc towards England. You can not blame English for at last waking up, and deciding to return the favour back, although no-where near the level they receive. It's been noted on another massive forum I go on though for years, the Scots don't like it when English don't support them.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 18, 2007 @ 21:09:09
@sheepy Said
You are being ironic, aren't you? No, this just has to be a joke post.

Maybe, just maybe a handful of English are now starting to behave like Scots have towards English for decades. To complain when the boot is on the other foot, to complain that English dare not support the side who show them such bile. Oh come on!

The majority of English support the "home sides". The same cannot be said of Scots, Welsh etc towards England. You can not blame English for at last waking up, and deciding to return the favour back, although no-where near the level they receive. It's been noted on another massive forum I go on though for years, the Scots don't like it when English don't support them.

I have always wanted England to do well until the 2006 world cup. The reason I wanted England to not do well after that? The fact that every time I mentioned that a team weren't doing that well, or weren't up to the same standard that they used to be to and English person, they would say "Yeah, but their still better than Scotland".

The bias of the media, the audacity of the English sport and just the plain cheekiness of the English in recent years has made me say "f*** them, f*** them for what they have become".

All my family are Scots, and all of them have supported England, but now it's just become too much.

Part of me really wants England to do well, part of me just wants a Brittish team to show the world that we are still a country to be reckonned with, but the attitude of so many English people has made another part of me think "f*** you, if Scotland got through and England didn't, would their be half as much media coverage over the event? would there f***". Thats the thing, thats the essential difference.

I like England and the English, it's just when it comes to sport that they turn into arseholes. I don't want independance, but I do understand why so many people do.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs