The speech George W. Bush *should* give

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#1New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 19:24:12
I didn't write this. I don't know who did. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I'm not anti-liberal or pro-Bush or anything like that, so don't take this as a political statement from me.

That said, here is the speech that George W. Bush *should* give, and the American people [IMO] deserve:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Normally, I start these things out by saying "My Fellow Americans." Not doing it this time. If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer.

I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: there's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.

The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.

I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out.

Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media. Polls show that the majority of you think the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of homeowners including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership is at an all-time high. Our unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton Administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in.

Despite the shock to our economy of 9/11, the stock market has rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever are participating in these markets. Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.

We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this ~blood for oil" thing. If I was trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied People Died' crap either. If I was the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty. Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named 'Clinton' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to outspend and out-tech them.

That's not the case this time. The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are. They want to kill you. And the bastards are all over the globe.

You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that. When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor'.

Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops.

Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dammit, you might just as well Fedex a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.

In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol.

I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching. I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.

So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.

Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it. Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there're just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.

So that's it. God bless what's left of America. Some of you know what I mean.

The rest of you, f*** off.

Oh, and good luck with Iran. I'm sure once we get out of Iraq, they'll quit making plans to nuke the infidels.
vavoom On December 01, 2011

Beirut, Lebanon
#2New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 19:42:07
Sounds like someone was drunk while writing that.
raditz8526 On July 02, 2009

Deleted

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 19:55:07
I wish I could take credit for that speech.
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#4New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 20:05:49
I like, makes me think things over more..
sinewave On July 17, 2007

Cairo, Egypt
#5New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 20:08:53
@jonnythan Said
In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet...........

LMFAO! I think Bush himself actually wrote that!
unspokenwords On October 16, 2019

#6New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 20:13:38
@sinewave Said
LMFAO! I think Bush himself actually wrote that!

guess I read that wrong erm..
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 20:49:07
Funny, I was just thinking this morning that it would be interesting to look at a compare and contrast between shrub's successes and failures. I may go see if someone's already done the job for me.
rockyhps On September 22, 2008

Deleted

Granbury, Texas
#8New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 20:59:59

Thanks for that Post...
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 21:14:50
It's interesting that some people agree with it because of their political ideology.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 21:30:21
@jonnythan Said
It's interesting that some people agree with it because of their political ideology.

Nothing new there. If an article agrees with what the reader thought already, it is "good" and probably "unbiased". If it challenges the preconceptions of the reader, it's obviously wrong and is a biased account designed to further some agenda or other.
crimescsemirc On September 04, 2007

Deleted

Seattle, Washington
#11New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 22:55:20
I don't think Bush could really discredit anyone's "Americanism" due to the fact that his policies are all contradictory to those set forth in the Constitution.
bigpete On April 20, 2008

Cardiff, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 23:43:35
@stumblinthrulife Said
Nothing new there. If an article agrees with what the reader thought already, it is "good" and probably "unbiased". If it challenges the preconceptions of the reader, it's obviously wrong and is a biased account designed to further some agenda or other.

I dont understand what your saying in your first sentence but I do agree with the second part. I dont understand why it is wrong to think a piece of writing is wrong if it confirms what you already think

As regards the first post in this section.

There were a lot of points in there to consider. But the thing that struck me most is the suggestion of blind ignorance and obsession with the media.

He is right. I see it here in the UK too.

My mate and I were watching the news the other day and he suddenly turned and said to me. "Why dont the government just do what they have to do and leave us alone? After all thats what we pay them for. Its what people really want".

I just tutted and shook my head, but it got me thinking.

He's right! That is what the stupid, brain dead, TV and popstar obsessed public care about. As long as they have enough food in their bellies and people living happy lives on TV. Then they are also happy, regardless of how their quality of lives is progressing.

I say 'progressing' as I dont think that it is as bad as we think in general. There are certainly things that are getting worse and things that could be cured, but I also believe we get far more here in the west than we realize.
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#13New Post! Jul 16, 2007 @ 23:53:19
i think most of that speech is nonsense.
wayneofgoats On October 23, 2008

Salt Lake City, Utah
#14New Post! Jul 20, 2007 @ 06:43:34
Wow. I really wish Bush would give that speech. Not by any means because I agree with it - it would just be more of what the last 6 years have been, except with better grammar - but because I would love to hear he and Cheney quit. That'd be the day.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs