Religion

Pagan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
saolta_oiche On July 02, 2005

Romford, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 13:49:44
That's assuming you'd go to heaven. lol which you won't if you don't believe in the christian way, same as me.

I'll prob just be rotting in the ground. I'll have to remeber to leave a pint on my gravestone before I die.
misunderstood On June 24, 2014
Persuasive Madam!

How about you come find me....
#32New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 13:51:23
Do you not believe in the summerlands(sp?) Something I learnt from oldways... where you stay between lives... before your next reincarnation... or do not all pagans believe that?

Romford, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 13:59:14
I don't really believe in reincarnation. I've never heard of the summerlands to be honest, sounds nice though.

I don't really know what to believe concerning when we die, pert of me believes that we just die and we rejoin with the earth but I have never truly thought of it too much.
Persuasive Madam!

#34New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 14:07:01
yea, here

So how long have you been a pagan?

Romford, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 14:11:38
Ah I see, yeah interesting belief, sounds quite nice.

How long have I been pagan, hmmm, 2 an a half years give or take. What I believe in has helped me more than the christian ways society had told me was the norm.
Persuasive Madam!

#36New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 14:40:14
kewl, yea, I never really understood it at all until oldways and I talked about it... I like the ideas and beliefs actually, makes alot more sense to me than religions in general...

Romford, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 15:01:53
I agree. Alot of paganism is very nature based and natures is something you defiantly see and alot of people feel it.

Paganism works for me, I found myself willing to be part of it which I why I am not xian, it doesn't feel right for me.
Persuasive Madam!

#38New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 21:26:44
yea, I know exctly what you're saying... christian aint my thing either... I just don't believe the stories etc made up by the religion...

Romford, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 21:36:58
Yeah, who knows if they heppened lol.

It just doesn't appeal to me.
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#40New Post! Jun 28, 2005 @ 21:44:27
We are humans. There are many things that we do not know. We do not know what holds us together even. We are clueless. But does that mean that we can say without a doubt that gravity holds us together? No. Can we definitely say that nothing really holds us together, that we just stay in these forms for some reason? No. No matter what, unless you have proof, you cannot be 100% on anything. The same goes for God. We do not have proof that there is a God, or more than one God, so we cannot say for certain that there is one. However, for the same reason we cannot say for sure that there isn't a God. It's not just a two-way street. Nevertheless, no one can feel another person's heart and/or mind. Why bother with what another person thinks as long as it doesn't hurt us or someone or something we love? Let every person find his or her own belief and worry about yourself. There is no need to bicker about religion.
At least, that's what I think. My motive is peace, but that doesn't necessarily make me right.

Romford, United Kingdom
#41New Post! Jun 29, 2005 @ 04:55:11
Sounds pretty senislbe to me. It's just a shame that the world doesn't want to follow that path.

As long as what you practice harms no one then how can you be doing wrong?
mib On December 25, 2007

Yuma, Arizona
#42New Post! Jun 29, 2005 @ 05:42:23
wow, i really like this topic! i consider myself an atheist. i don't believe in god. i don't believe in anything if it doesn't have proof. christians always tell you to just have faith, but faith is bullpoop to me. it's ignorant to have faith in something you can't see, touch, feel, taste or smell, because if you can't perceive it, then it's probably just in your imagination. i believe that man created god because he was afraid of not existing after he died. look at it this way, do you really like the idea of dying and no longer being around to see your kids grow up, or to enjoy the things we enjoy while we are alive? i don't think anybody likes the idea of non-existence. so in our futile attempt at immortality, we invented a god or gods that would give us another chance at life after death, either through reincarnation, or through heaven and hell, depending on the religion. all religions have the same basic theme: man lives, man dies, man's spirit gets another chance.
for me, there is no god, because i've never seen or heard him. i dont feel that i need a god, because after i die, i'm just going to cease to exist. why waste my life worshipping something i'm not sure is there, while i could be out there enjoying my life to the fullest while it lasts?

Romford, United Kingdom
#43New Post! Jun 29, 2005 @ 13:45:12
As long as you live you life well and don't go out hurting people purposly then you do not really need religion.

I find the gods I look up to help me stay mindful of how I should be. I dunno about after death, you prob just die.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs