Alternative Medicine

Chiropractors?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
precioushh On August 09, 2007

, California
#16New Post! Apr 27, 2007 @ 22:42:45
I have recently had a few appointments with a chiro and I have a very positive outlook towards it. I have had back issues forever and have researched many different methods and consulted with my doctor to get their professional opinion. As long as you go to a good place, they will let you know if they can help you or not. Mine suggested chiro, massage, and physical therapy and that it will take some time before I feel better. I would highly suggest it, but just like anything regarding your health research research research.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#17New Post! Jun 09, 2007 @ 16:51:31
@kyahbean Said
I recently have been going to see a chiroprator. A lot of people think that they do more harm than good. Does anyone else go to one?

I have actually been feeling somewhat better since he worked on me a bit, and I am going back tomorrow, which I am actually looking forward to.

Has anyone had any experiances or advice either way?

I've never dealt with chiropractors personally, but have known people who have and they all can't say enough good about them.
If you are seeing one, and find he or she to be benificial to you, then by all means continue. Why listen to others' when your body is telling you something completely different? 8)
waally On June 03, 2013

Palmerston North, New Zealand
#18New Post! Dec 12, 2007 @ 21:01:04
i go to an osteopath. they are so much more gentle and very soothing compared to a chiropracter.
and like, if yew go to a chiropracter, its likely yewll have to go to one for the rest of yewr life.
so yeah,
go for an osteopath is my opinion
karri On January 11, 2008

Banned

Lakefield, Canada
#19New Post! Jan 09, 2008 @ 18:37:42
I'm not sure about Chiropractors but when I first met my hubby he was going to a Chiropractor for arthritis in his shoulder. He was in chronic pain all the time. Then this guy gave him a sample of this stuff called MAXGXL which has helped him tremendously. I can get you more information if you want. When he started taking this stuff he got his own website to promote it but he doesn't bother because he isn't interested in selling it, just using it. But I know that when Gord takes his "MAX" he is fine, when he's off it for a few days the pain starts coming back. And a couple of months ago he did refer it to a guy at his work and now that guy is pain-free too.
awholenewworld On January 26, 2008

manchester, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Jan 13, 2008 @ 04:00:49
I have found that they make you worse before they make you better! Most people only go a couple of times, because they feel its not doing them any good. But I have always found if you can stick it out for the full course of treatment, you will feel a vast improvement.
drchaos On September 20, 2008

Nashville, Tennessee
#21New Post! Apr 17, 2008 @ 04:15:34
Wow, all I can say is that as a chiropractor, we have not been teaching out patients what we are actually doing. I'm sorry to hear so many misconceptions on this topic. I hope to set a few things straight. First and foremost, chiropractors do not heal anyone and neither do MDs, osteopaths, naturopaths, massage therapists, or physical therapists. The body heals itself, while the physician is doing his/her best to assist the body to work as optimally as possible.

The best explanation of chiropractic is that we aren't actually even re-aligning the spine. What we are doing is locating where the spine is not moving (restricted segmental range of motion) and then applying a force to increase motion in that area. When motion is restored to the "locked" segment, then the body can function at a higher level and thus heal more efficiently. This increased motion is also what allows the body to start aligning itself in a more efficient manner. This is shown in post xrays where we can see that scoliosis is decreasing as well as many other "mis-alignments". This is a theory called "The Minimum Energy Theory" which basically states that the body will always assume the most efficient position possible given it's current status.

As to the statement someone made about chiropractors causing arthritis, that is not possible if the chiropractor is doing his job. Arthritis builds up in a joint that has NOT been working well for years. If the chiropractor can successfully increase the motion in that joint, then that person will have a slower rate of degeneration and arthritis accumulation. Don't get me wrong, we all are going to age and have some degree of degeneration. The problem is that most of us are doing it was too fast.

I personally use the most scientific and objective approach to chiropractic that there is. It is called Multiple Impulse Therapy. I use a computer aided instrument called the PulStar (Google PulStar or PulStarFRAS or pulstarcare.com)to locate the areas of decreased motion in the spine and then to treat it with multiple impulses until that segment is moving better again. I then re-scan the patient with the instrument to show exactly how much better the spine is moving. I regularly get improvements of 10-30% better motion with a single visit. This also accounts for an amazing rate of recovery from pain (research documented <4 visits for pain resolution).

No one health care field has all the answers, otherwise we'd all be perfectly healthy and only that profession would be around for health care. However, when properly utilized, chiropractic is an amazing therapy to assist our bodies in their natural and appropriate mechanisms of healing.
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#22New Post! Apr 17, 2008 @ 04:22:11
becareful with them, i always had a bad gut feeling about what they do.
I went to one for several months and from the time he started to crack my back i was in extreme pain and he said i had to go through this time to get better. I was going to 2x weekly appointments and i was getting worse instead of better, then he wanted me to come 3 - 4 x weekly and i ended up stopping going there after a few months on intense care.

2.5 years later my back is in extreme agony and i have neevr had these pains before, i believe he messes my back up for life, i am in agony pain.

I am sorry but i have no belief for chiropractic.
drchaos On September 20, 2008

Nashville, Tennessee
#23New Post! Apr 17, 2008 @ 04:24:55
Well it doesn't require belief. Chiropractic is a science. You may not believe in gravity but you are still under it's effects. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with chiropractic and perhaps you didn't have a chiropractic problem. However, if you have a chiropractic problem and didn't get better, then it was a problem with the chiropractor not the science of chiropractic.

Once again, I hate to hear about the pain you are suffering with. Good luck to you with finding relief.
bogo On May 22, 2008

afula, Israel
#24New Post! May 08, 2008 @ 13:36:12
i realy disbealive to Chiropractors
The best from midle east
funkynassau On June 02, 2008

newmarket, Canada
#25New Post! May 30, 2008 @ 18:04:33
Hi, I am a newbie here. I love my chiropractor! I've been going to him about 4 yrs and wish
I'd started a lot sooner than that. He's fixed things on myself and my family that the
doctors cant begin to figure out. He keeps my spine in good shape, he fixed a pinched
sciatic nerve, he saved me from shoulder surgery too. I love this guy and hope he never
retires!

Funkynassau
funkynassau On June 02, 2008

newmarket, Canada
#26New Post! May 30, 2008 @ 18:12:09
Dr Chaos, it seems to me that those who hate chiropractors are people who
have either never been to one or who have had a bad experience with one.
There are good and bad in all professions.

I have never had my chiro "crack" my back, I cant begin to imagine what that
means or would feel like, other than it sounds painful. My chiro is a gentle
person, he doesnt hurt me, ever.

He muscle tests his adjustments to make sure they have worked, he fixes
"kinks" in my neck. He used laser treatment on my hand caused by excessive
guitar playing, and it's been fine since. He has worked on hubby's sinuses a
lot and hubby now hardly ever snores, which is a vast improvement over the
chain saw sounds that used to eminate from him!

I could go on for ages about the good things our chiro has done, but you
get the idea.
Moxie On July 26, 2014

San Diego, California
#27New Post! Jan 05, 2011 @ 04:17:06
@kyahbean Said

I recently have been going to see a chiroprator. A lot of people think that they do more harm than good. Does anyone else go to one?

I have actually been feeling somewhat better since he worked on me a bit, and I am going back tomorrow, which I am actually looking forward to.

Has anyone had any experiances or advice either way?

Many allopathic doctors will grimace at the very mention of the word "chiropractor." Allopathic doctors had quite the butting of heads with chiropractors back in the 1950s and some still cannot shake that seedy period in medical history.

Nonetheless, I look forward to my weekly maintenance adjustments! What a difference an adjustment makes in my posture, well-being, range of motion, frees blocked nerves, and relaxes the muscles in my face. My chiropractor is purely holistic, so: no mandatory x-rays, meaning no harmful radiation unless absolutely necessary.

His office offers soothing lighting, hot tea, heated electric massage chairs with a remote control, and a masseuse who gives free chair massages before the adjustment. It's not just about moving bones, it's about total well-being including a relaxed state of mind.

Chiropractic is not a one-time cure-all, and is not meant to be. It is intended to be maintenance-oriented, or preventative medicine. Kind of like getting your tires realigned and rotated.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs