Would you stand for parliament

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 18:18:27
@Barbarella Said

That would be ok if the announcements were consistent, but you keep getting loads of hype that say carrots are now suddenly 'bad for you' or whatever, then 2 weeks later you really MUST eat more carrots coz they are SO good for you! It's crazy! I think it depends on what veggies they've got to sell!

Carrots are bad for you!?! There aren't really official announcements on what to eat, just the papers publishing 'discoveries' and 'research'.

I understand what you mean though, but everything is bad for you if you eat too much of it. The whole school dinners thing was a protest against the processed foods that contain high levels of salt, and preservatives.

Fresh foods will always be better, and that's what JO was aiming for, not some form of food police that control everything.
marshallc On September 12, 2014

Crawley, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 18:23:54
That would be ok if the announcements were consistent, but you keep getting loads of hype that say carrots are now suddenly 'bad for you' or whatever, then 2 weeks later you really MUST eat more carrots coz they are SO good for you! It's crazy! I think it depends on what veggies they've got to sell!

Barbarella On April 11, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#63New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 18:24:31
@ninozara Said

Carrots are bad for you!?! There aren't really official announcements on what to eat, just the papers publishing 'discoveries' and 'research'.

I understand what you mean though, but everything is bad for you if you eat too much of it. The whole school dinners thing was a protest against the processed foods that contain high levels of salt, and preservatives.

Fresh foods will always be better, and that's what JO was aiming for, not some form of food police that control everything.

Yeah - we just think they used JO as a spokesperson coz they think he'll appeal to kids. Most of us just thought he was a bit of a jerk. Fresh foods are only 'better' if they're grown organically - and that is always way more expensive to get from suppliers.

Crawley, United Kingdom
#64New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 18:34:48
Jamie Oliver may well be remembered forever for that stunt

Crawley, United Kingdom
#65New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 18:57:55
and the answer is yes i do and will
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#66New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 19:44:08
Wow Barbarella, you really have life worked out don't you?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 19:45:04
@jmo Said

Wow Barbarella, you really have life worked out don't you?

Apparently so.
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#68New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 19:46:08
@sister_of_mercy Said

Apparently so.

I'd like to say it will be funny when she experiences real life, but I'm not that cruel.
Barbarella On April 11, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#69New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 19:48:55
@jmo Said

I'd like to say it will be funny when she experiences real life, but I'm not that cruel.

You mean, no-one is actually alive until they leave school?
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

#70New Post! Mar 21, 2010 @ 19:51:28
@Barbarella Said

You mean, no-one is actually alive until they leave school?

Most people don't experience real living until they do, no.

I'm still in further education but already astonished about how different my outlook has become based on relatively small things, and I'm sure it will change again once I actually leave higher education.
excalibur On March 30, 2010

notts, United Kingdom
#71New Post! Mar 22, 2010 @ 14:28:48
@jmo Said

Most people don't experience real living until they do, no.

I'm still in further education but already astonished about how different my outlook has become based on relatively small things, and I'm sure it will change again once I actually leave higher education.

your life outlook will continually change as you get older, marry, have kids, ect... views change to suit circumstances, i am so far away from what i was in my teens, never would have predicted id be where i am, doing what i do, lifes funny like that.
HINCKLEYLADisback On May 03, 2010

Leicester, United Kingdom
#72New Post! Mar 22, 2010 @ 15:32:31
yes i would stand for parliament if selected by my regional branch.

excalibur, i see you quote your planning such a move may i ask what area/constituency you are standing?
excalibur On March 30, 2010

notts, United Kingdom
#73New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 19:16:23
@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

excalibur, i see you quote your planning such a move may i ask what area/constituency you are standing?

derbyshire matey, and from your post you are going to contest the notts seat, well done and good luck for 6th may.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#74New Post! Mar 23, 2010 @ 19:24:56
@excalibur Said

your life outlook will continually change as you get older, marry, have kids, ect... views change to suit circumstances, i am so far away from what i was in my teens, never would have predicted id be where i am, doing what i do, lifes funny like that.

@HINCKLEYLADisback Said

@excalibur Said

derbyshire matey, and from your post you are going to contest the notts seat, well done and good luck for 6th may.

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, don't you know?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#75New Post! Mar 29, 2010 @ 19:30:19
@Barbarella Said

Yeah - we just think they used JO as a spokesperson coz they think he'll appeal to kids. Most of us just thought he was a bit of a jerk. Fresh foods are only 'better' if they're grown organically - and that is always way more expensive to get from suppliers.

By the way, incase you still doubt the whole Jamie Oliver campaign:
Guardian.co.uk
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs