The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Science:
Chemistry

ANY BODY INTERESTED IN BEIN VERRRRRY RICH?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
14yearoldgenius On November 20, 2009

, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Mar 25, 2008 @ 21:31:20
key board lol
lily On April 21, 2009

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Mar 25, 2008 @ 21:33:41
too much i'd rather find an easier wake to get rich lol
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Mar 25, 2008 @ 21:39:27
I am rich, what I did was sell my soul to the devil.
nunnya On November 01, 2009

Hunter Valley, Australia
#19New Post! Jun 17, 2008 @ 08:10:42
@jamesonleonardo Said
well if u r then please help me devise a way 2 store hydrogen. Now that sounds easy but here r the problems
1) if u had a hydrogen fuelled car u w ould have 2 compress the hydrogen immensley 2 get anywhere near enough 2 fuel ur car 4 any lenth of time, to realisticly get enough fuel into ur tank u would have 2 compress the hydrogen 2 8oo atmospheres (thats a lot of pressure) but if u do this the pressure on the tank is 6 tonns pre square inch

Hello, you budding young scientist you. I admire your initiative, but I believe you are on the wrong track completely.
For technical reasons I won't go into at this moment, hydrogen is not a realistic fuel for an internal combustion engine. The main reason is that the exhaust component is water......not good for the engine at all..I will go into that later if required, but not now.

Why do you not switch your investigation to steam..yeah I know, old hat you say, but kiddo, we are now in the 21st century, a lot has changed since steam was tried some 100+ years ago.

I'll give you my thoughts, might give you something to think about, and located where you are (UK) there are plenty of experts to draw upon.

The drawbacks in the old days were a) it took so long to boil the water to produce steam...and b) the amount of water required to be carried on the vehicle. We'll ignore the fuel for the boiler aspect for the moment.

We could have a small boiler, say one litre capacity, heated by a battery powered electric heater element (readily available).
That would boil within 1 minute, and the steam then fed to a small turbine, driving the wheels thru a gearbox.
Have generators, driven by the wheels, to then provide higher current to super-heating elements (also readily available) in a larger capacity boiler, say 10 litres. The whole system could be sealed, like a modern air-con or refrigerator, the steam being condensed and fed back to the boiler.

There are many more points to consider, but these I have given you are the bones of it.
I believe that with today's technology, all the above is quite possible.

But forget using hydrogen gas as a fuel, it will lead you nowhere with the internal combustion engine, they are not compatible.

Also, you are 100% wrong when you say "And even the slightest rupture on the tank would cause a huge explosion".
Hydrogen is lighter than air, unless a spark ignited it, the gas would simply disperse.
sunnyhouselife On April 02, 2009

hangzhou, China
#20New Post! Jul 14, 2008 @ 08:05:50
sunnyhouselife On April 02, 2009

hangzhou, China
#21New Post! Jul 14, 2008 @ 08:07:11
that's funny
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others