The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Health & Fitness

When your poor you're fat, Lame as it is.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
mattbluesman On January 31, 2011

Blair, Wisconsin
#1New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:55:06
Why is it that the healthy food cost so much these days? I mean about the only reason I'm unable to loose weight is because I lost my job.
ssnot_me On February 01, 2016

big D, Texas
#2New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:57:15
@mattbluesman Said

Why is it that the healthy food cost so much these days? I mean about the only reason I'm unable to loose weight is because I lost my job.

not to be mean, but i would think you can't buy as much food if you don't have a job.

and what keeps you from working out? not like you have a job taking up all your time.
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#3New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:57:53
No! The only reason you can't lose weight is not because you lost your job, it's because you eat the wrong foods and don't burn off more calories than you are eating.
hedkandi1984_21 On July 23, 2013

London, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 18:58:15
My sister and I were just commenting on this the other day. We were in the supermarket and the crisps, chocolate and fizzy drinks were cheaper than the fruit, fruit juice and other healthy stuff.

I heard somewhere it's because less money goes into the manufacture of these products. I'm not sure if that's true, though.
Holyk On February 02, 2011

Clarksville, Tennessee
#5New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 19:00:29
Go on Atkins. It works and it's cheap. Just eat lots of salads, chicken, meat or protein, green veggies and/or sometimes whole wheat bread.. And gradually move your way up to peanuts and yogurt, etc. etc.

That's what I did. It works. I lost over 40lbs a while back.
mattbluesman On January 31, 2011

Blair, Wisconsin
#6New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 19:17:19
@Holyk Said

Go on Atkins. It works and it's cheap. Just eat lots of salads, chicken, meat or protein, green veggies and/or sometimes whole wheat bread.. And gradually move your way up to peanuts and yogurt, etc. etc.

That's what I did. It works. I lost over 40lbs a while back.

thanks I'll see what I can do as long as the state come through here. or I get an interview soon lol
Holyk On February 02, 2011

Clarksville, Tennessee
#7New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 19:26:18
@mattbluesman Said

thanks I'll see what I can do as long as the state come through here. or I get an interview soon lol

I wouldn't suggest going on the full atkins, just because I heard it's bad for you.. But if you eat mainly those and throw in some low fat yogurt and/or some cottage cheese with say.. Pineapple.. I'm sure you'll at least loose some. If you add in some exercise, then you'll be on a good road to loosing weight.

I've had problems with loosing weight too, but Akins really helped and I actually really lost weight. The first two weeks are pretty strict, but after that, it gets better.
Grasshopper On January 11, 2023
Just me.

Fort Collins, Colorado
#8New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 19:31:46
Try celery. It's got negetive calories.

Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#9New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 19:32:11
I agree with lil bear.
If you have right diet and a good exercise you will not become fat regardless of the wealth.

In fact you should have become thinner.
The reason you're not is also because of the availability of high calorie food being offered for very very low price at fast food restaurant which is seem to be telling "food + big meat" and luring people.
- If you still wish to consume those, eat them either rarely or do exercise after eating to compensate for the calories consumed.

You can also afford ably buy vegetables and some meat for a low price and cook on your own too. The price you pay daily for fast food will be more or less the same when added with what you pay in at once for veges/meat in lbs.
- If you don't have time or can't cook, you can buy from restaurants (they always come in bulk amount of food that you can save for the next days too) and eat in small amount.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:13:32
Eh actually healthy food is not really more expensive than fattening food. Well unless you're looking at organic foods. You just have to shop right. Chicken is seriously cheaper than steak. A bunch of bananas will cost less than a bag of Lays or Ruffles. Apples are cheaper than candy ounce for ounce. Oatmeal is cheaper than sugary cereal. Milk is a bit more expensive than soda pop but calorie for calorie and nutrient for nutrient it's much cheaper. Canned tuna is cheaper than salami etc.

It's all how you shop. Look for sales and store brands. Don't just think dollar for dollar. Think calorie for calorie and what you get out of them. Yeah a bag of apples is $3-4 and a bag of chips is $3. But you'll get a heck of a lot more out of the apples and they will go further.
just_A_gurl On July 26, 2010

Deleted

Anywhere happy, California
#11New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:18:10
Man, everything's too expensive these days... Anorexia's the cheapest way to lose weight
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#12New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:21:47
Why does everyone promote cottage cheese? It's like the foulest thing ever
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#13New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:24:48
@just_A_gurl Said

Man, everything's too expensive these days... Anorexia's the cheapest way to lose weight

Well until the medical bills kick in.

@plebian_angel Said

Cottage cheese is foul. I know some people who love it and I just don't understand how. Although I do know a way to make a low fat 'cheese cake' with it. Food processors are wonderful things.
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#14New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:25:33
@plebian_angel Said

Isn't that what women get in their knickers when they get thrush?
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#15New Post! Jul 13, 2010 @ 20:25:47
@grasshopper Said

Try celery. It's got negetive calories.

I'll buy both at Buy It Now!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others