The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Trump Launches Tomahawk Missiles at Syria in Response to Alleged Chemical Attack

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...31 32 33 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 02:36:55
@psycoskunk Said

Who internets on their couch? You'd be all slumped forward unless you had a lap table.

Or they Internet in bed. People are creative.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#17New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 02:43:11
@shinobinoz Said

You lost me at your first lying sentence. When someone can say that Hillary Clinton is the psychopath of the two when breathing Trump at the same time. You lost your integrity & audience.

Of course, but I lost you anyway when I refused to support the woman who said in the lead up to the election that she would consider all options, including military options, for dealing with "Russian" cyber attacks.

You support war with Russia and the needless deaths of many thousands of people and I don't. You blindly follow the leader and I don't. This has all been established for many, many moons, Shino. Why do you need to reiterate a point that has already been laboured to death? You honestly do not need to give your opinion when I can get it from mainstream media.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#18New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 03:07:37
@DiscordTiger Said

Clearly.
Hillary is not the president, people should just get the f*** over it.
It's irrelevant and nothing but crap.

To me it's all about context. When people are attacking Trump for every single thing he does even when it is something that Hillary would have done (as she favoured bombing Syria and has openly said so, I believe), it does help put the anti-Trumpers in perspective, in that it shows they have no perspective whatsoever.

And here is Hillary calling for the bombing of Syrian airfields just to further illustrate the point.

Even when Trump does what Hillary says to do Trump is still bad and wrong and will bring about the end of the world and Trump is a Russian stooge and blah, blah, blah.

Irrational hysteria never leads to much valuable information being circulated. I want to know why Trump did it. I do not trust this move. Too much rings false, just like it did the last time Assad supposedly used chemical weapons. It may be right, but it just seems too stupid for a guy who has held onto power as long as Assad has to make such stupid mistakes. I can't buy it.

We are almost on the same side on this issue, almost. Just for significantly different reasons.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#19New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 03:09:34
@bob_the_fisherman Said

maybe because it was irrelevant. how many Chinese soldiers were at the airport?

Maybe you should reread what I wrote. I do not support Trump on this yet and may never support it. I want to see the evidence first.

It is too suss to me because it would be stupid for Assad to use chemical weapons when the USA was more favourable to him now than in the past.

Possibly. I am not making any claim, just questioning what seemed like a stupid move from Assad and seeking an alternative explanation for it that makes some sense. The Sauds and their Sunni allies in Syria want Assad gone. Trump didn't want Assad gone.

And yes, I loathe the Bush family.

Did you bother to read the rest of that sentence? I guess not as your response is in no way relevant to the comment.

Again, we will have to wait and see.

I read your entire post.

You are a trite fake Trump apologist.

You are in complete denial of anything that would even be even remotely be construed as logical, reasonable, or rational thinking.

Your geo-political opinion is not based on either history nor anything that could be even remotely construed as rational thought.

Your opinion is clearly based on personal acceptance of fringe "information", and not facts.

As much as I like you, your opinions are based on bizarre illusions.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#20New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 03:19:07
@chaski Said

I read your entire post...

You are a trite fake Trump apologist...

You are in complete denial of anything that would even be even remotely be construed as logical, real. or rational.

Your geo-political opinion is not based on either history or anything that could be even remotely construed as rational thought.

Your opinion is clearly based on personal acceptance of fringe "information" and not fact.

As much as I like you, your opinions are based on bizarre illusions.

Ok. So, let's break this down. The facts of the case seem to be that chemical weapons were used against civilians and Trump attacked an airfield in response.

Why would Assad use chemical weapons just days after Obama said that using chemical weapons would be crossing a line? That seemed stupid to me at the time.

And, why would he use chemical weapons again when the Trump team was obviously more favourable to Assad remaining in power than the rebels getting control?

I am absolutely not drawing conclusions. I think like a human being, and try to understand why someone like Assad who is shrewd and brutal and calculating enough to control Syria for years would twice do something very very stupid. I don't say that he is guilty or innocent, just that if he is guilty he was very stupid.

like you and everyone else, there is too many things we do not know about the situation in the ME. So we draw our tentative conclusions based on what we do know (or think we know, it's hard to tell).
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#21New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 05:18:11
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Of course, but I lost you anyway when I refused to support the woman who said in the lead up to the election that she would consider all options, including military options, for dealing with "Russian" cyber attacks.

You support war with Russia and the needless deaths of many thousands of people and I don't. You blindly follow the leader and I don't. This has all been established for many, many moons, Shino. Why do you need to reiterate a point that has already been laboured to death? You honestly do not need to give your opinion when I can get it from mainstream media.

You honestly need opinion. To call Hillary Clinton a psychopath shows us all how low you will go to demean someone you dislike. You certainly are not medically knowledgable enough to make that diagnosis & I have long ago tired of your blather as it has little basis in reality.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#22New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 05:20:06
@bob_the_fisherman Said

To me it's all about context. When people are attacking Trump for every single thing he does even when it is something that Hillary would have done (as she favoured bombing Syria and has openly said so, I believe), it does help put the anti-Trumpers in perspective, in that it shows they have no perspective whatsoever.

And here is Hillary calling for the bombing of Syrian airfields just to further illustrate the point.

Even when Trump does what Hillary says to do Trump is still bad and wrong and will bring about the end of the world and Trump is a Russian stooge and blah, blah, blah.

Irrational hysteria never leads to much valuable information being circulated. I want to know why Trump did it. I do not trust this move. Too much rings false, just like it did the last time Assad supposedly used chemical weapons. It may be right, but it just seems too stupid for a guy who has held onto power as long as Assad has to make such stupid mistakes. I can't buy it.

We are almost on the same side on this issue, almost. Just for significantly different reasons.

You and Trump. Always siding with the tough guys......
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#23New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 05:35:13
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Yeah, it's like arguing with a small child that their sibling did it.
It's not debate, it's deflection.

I'm not even sure what same side you even think we have in common. Unless your trying to prove people post stupid s*** on the internet by posting stupid s*** on the internet. As that's really the only argument I made.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#24New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 05:40:09
@shinobinoz Said

You honestly need opinion. To call Hillary Clinton a psychopath shows us all how low you will go to demean someone you dislike. You certainly are not medically knowledgable enough to make that diagnosis & I have long ago tired of your blather as it has little basis in reality.

And this is Hillary threatening Russia with military action for cyber attacks.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#25New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 05:48:45
@DiscordTiger Said

Yeah, it's like arguing with a small child that their sibling did it.
It's not debate, it's deflection.

Not at all. It is attempting to get the Anti Trump brigade to think more rationally. In your initial comment you said you didn't think this was "end of the world" type stuff, and I agree with you on that. Hillary has clearly said she would have done the same so the anti Trump people are saying Hillary would also have brought about the end of the world. But I am sure they would deny this though. It would be a massive violation of logical principles, but that doesn't matter much when we have a paradigm that we need to uphold.

@DiscordTiger Said
I'm not even sure what same side you even think we have in common.

That neither one of us is endorsing Trump's act. Like you I am uncertain about it. I may end up supporting it, I may not. It depends on what the evidence is that Assad used the chemical weapons.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#26New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 05:58:45
@hopes Said

it's interesting trumps appointment was allegedly influenced by Russian hackers and now this don't you think?

The Russian hackers thing seems a tad farcical to me. The worst they did was release emails showing how repugnant Hillary was according to people in her own camp. I think that is information I would want to know about a potential President personally, but that's just me.

But yes, the fact that Trump acted more like Hillary than a Russian stooge is interesting. It will be ignored or spun though because everything Trump does must be literally evil because he is literally Hitler.... or something
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#27New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 06:51:57
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Not at all. It is attempting to get the Anti Trump brigade to think more rationally. In your initial comment you said you didn't think this was "end of the world" type stuff, and I agree with you on that. Hillary has clearly said she would have done the same so the anti Trump people are saying Hillary would also have brought about the end of the world. But I am sure they would deny this though. It would be a massive violation of logical principles, but that doesn't matter much when we have a paradigm that we need to uphold.

That neither one of us is endorsing Trump's act. Like you I am uncertain about it. I may end up supporting it, I may not. It depends on what the evidence is that Assad used the chemical weapons.

Well, in your attempt to make people not think irrationally you are making an equally irrational argument.

And end of the world type scenarios were legitimate irrational retaliation for insults. Like say ordering law enforcement to demand tfs to turn over the identity of someone that posted information and ideas that were anti-trump.
It's a judgement thing, if the person loses their s*** when someone bad mouths them on twitter, what the f*** is going to happen when someone says s*** and can be identified.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#28New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 07:18:01
@DiscordTiger Said

Well, in your attempt to make people not think irrationally you are making an equally irrational argument.

Where my irrational agument is that Trump did what Hillary said she would do, and, I do not support him because I am not convinced that Assad used chemical weapons. And I am waiting for evidence to decide.

ok. If this is irrational, what would be a rational approach to this event?

@DiscordTiger Said
And end of the world type scenarios were legitimate irrational retaliation for insults. Like say ordering law enforcement to demand tfs to turn over the identity of someone that posted information and ideas that were anti-trump.

The end of the world stuff was the first post on this thread, with the next saying I am not sure its the end of the world... then there were a couple more anti trump posts (from memory).

And there is the host of other anti Trump threads here that I can't be assed with anymore, hence why I am rarely here. TFS is as unhinged as most of the rest of us pampered and uber privileged westerners it seems to me. People in the west throw the word fascist around like confetti because they have no idea what fascism is and can't see it when it is jumping up and biting their a** on a regular basis.

@DiscordTiger Said
It's a judgement thing, if the person loses their s*** when someone bad mouths them on twitter, what the f*** is going to happen when someone says s*** and can be identified.

ok... not sure what this means. I heard a vague accusation that Trump sought information on someone that attacked him on Twitter or something, but do not know much more than that. As I do not know details I can't comment. On the face of it I wouldn't support that (unless it was a threat against him or his family, in which case I am ambivalent). Free speech should be supported unless that speech is aimed at inciting violence.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#29New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 07:43:27
The Middle East is A hell hole. The Western country have helped to make it that. Can we fix it sure. Just get ready to see the bodybags. Oh many here do not know the the sacrifice that these young men and women are making along with their families. My sons are now home but they are in training for redeployment. I wonder how many people here have a mother ,father ,son daughter ,sister or brother who have done 6 or 7 tours over there. For these families the pain is real. Listen for the knock the angel of death may be on the other side of the door.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#30New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 07:56:29
@restoreone Said

The Middle East is A hell hole. The Western country have helped to make it that. Can we fix it sure. Just get ready to see the bodybags. Oh many here do not know the the sacrifice that these young men and women are making along with their families. My sons are now home but they are in training for redeployment. I wonder how many people here have a mother ,father ,son daughter ,sister or brother who have done 6 or 7 tours over there. For these families the pain is real. Listen for the knock the angel of death may be on the other side of the door.

Yes, and it is for this reason that I supported Trump to some degree. The idea of getting the west to stop acting like idiots in the Middle East was really appealing. Admittedly Trump has inherited a major catastrophe from Obama, who was handed a major catastrophe by Bush II who was dealing with the legacy of the stupidity of Bush I. So it's not easy.

Just one more crap chapter in the book of feces that is the Middle East/Northern Africa.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...31 32 33 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs