Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JTFSCOTT On November 30, 2015

Banned

Columbus,
#76New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 14:20:49
@restoreone Said

Four doors have been knocked on today. Four families will fill their eyes with tears.People will ask why were the Marines not armed? They are citizen Military who walk among cilivians.

Put an end to gun-free military bases

Is it time to allow service-members the freedom to protect themselves on base?
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#77New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 18:04:48
@JTFSCOTT Said

Put an end to gun-free military bases

Is it time to allow service-members the freedom to protect themselves on base?

The military has never carried arms except in war zones if I recall correctly. MP's have been the security.
JTFSCOTT On November 30, 2015

Banned

Columbus,
#78New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 19:07:51
@shinobinoz Said

The military has never carried arms except in war zones if I recall correctly. MP's have been the security.

Trump wants to blame President Bill Clinton. Apparently it was under Bush 41 (Feb 25, 1992 so not sure!?) that the "Use of Deadly Force and Carrying of Firearms by DoD Personnel . . ." thing was issued.

DoD pdf here

Doesn't really do much to bring back the lives of the Marines who were shot down by this cowardly young man in Chatanooga. It might be time to rethink some of the policies on how military members can protect themselves.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#79New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 19:45:32
This shooting started at a strip mall
TN is an open carry state, with permit.
Where were the armed citizens to stop it there?
Gun-Rights "Enthusiasts" call for the need to carry so they can protect themselves. It didn't happen here.

The only info I've seen so far is that there was a gun fight on the military base and 4 marines died. Were the marines part of the gunfight (as noted above - were they MPs?), or were they blindsided?
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#80New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 20:15:56
@mrmhead Said

This shooting started at a strip mall
TN is an open carry state, with permit.
Where were the armed citizens to stop it there?
Gun-Rights "Enthusiasts" call for the need to carry so they can protect themselves. It didn't happen here.

The only info I've seen so far is that there was a gun fight on the military base and 4 marines died. Were the marines part of the gunfight (as noted above - were they MPs?), or were they blindsided?

They normally would not have any MPs at a site like this. This is not a base.They were blindsided.Yet they are saying the Marines did not back down from this shooter.

, Ohio
#81New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 20:19:01
@mrmhead Said

Not sure what you are saying?
Do you think they should have been armed?

This is not a question the Military should answer. Civilians must answer this question. Are you ready to see armed Military in Cleveland Ohio on a daily basic?

Think of Texas and JH training.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/15/operation-jade-helm-texas/30191795/
Controversial Jade Helm military exercise opens in Texas
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#82New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 21:31:59
@JTFSCOTT Said

Trump wants to blame President Bill Clinton. Apparently it was under Bush 41 (Feb 25, 1992 so not sure!?) that the "Use of Deadly Force and Carrying of Firearms by DoD Personnel . . ." thing was issued.

DoD pdf here

Doesn't really do much to bring back the lives of the Marines who were shot down by this cowardly young man in Chatanooga. It might be time to rethink some of the policies on how military members can protect themselves.

Well military are people too, so I"m thinking they need their cops to be armed & their people not when not actively in a war zone. Sadly too many are committing suicide so it's not like they are any different than the rest of us- just better at using their weapons.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#83New Post! Jul 17, 2015 @ 21:33:30
@restoreone Said

This is not a question the Military should answer. Civilians must answer this question. Are you ready to see armed Military in Cleveland Ohio on a daily basic?

Think of Texas and JH training.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/15/operation-jade-helm-texas/30191795/
Controversial Jade Helm military exercise opens in Texas

That'll really shake up the conspiracy nuts on both ends of the spectrum.

, Ohio
#84New Post! Jul 18, 2015 @ 02:14:45
https://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2015/07/slain_marine_in_chattanooga_te.html#incart_river

Wells' mother was watching television coverage of the shooting when Marines appeared at her door. She knew what the visit meant.

"Every service parent, especially moms, dreads opening the front door and seeing people in uniform," said Andy Kingery, a friend who is acting as a family spokesman.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#85New Post! Jul 18, 2015 @ 04:47:11
@restoreone Said

https://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.ssf/2015/07/slain_marine_in_chattanooga_te.html#incart_river

Wells' mother was watching television coverage of the shooting when Marines appeared at her door. She knew what the visit meant.

"Every service parent, especially moms, dreads opening the front door and seeing people in uniform," said Andy Kingery, a friend who is acting as a family spokesman.

Pretty hard thing for the families & loved ones.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#86New Post! Feb 23, 2016 @ 03:03:51
For your Ogitchidaag Restoreone:

, Ohio
#87New Post! Oct 20, 2017 @ 08:02:37
As I watch two wackos battle it out on Twitter and Tv. I shake my head in disbelief. They have forgotten this Warrior and his family. The military is still paying the price for the politicians. My sons are both on their second tour. That 3 different presidents said they would bring us home. I guess they meant in a box with a flag.

NE, Ohio
#88New Post! Oct 20, 2017 @ 17:36:00
@restoreone Said

As I watch two wackos battle it out on Twitter and Tv. I shake my head in disbelief. They have forgotten this Warrior and his family. The military is still paying the price for the politicians. My sons are both on their second tour. That 3 different presidents said they would bring us home. I guess they meant in a box with a flag.

As much as I dislike Trump, I think it was inappropriate for Ms Wilson to publicize/politicize this.

There are plenty of other opportunities for her to pick fights.

___

I remember at the start of the ME wars, someone in DC had said we'd be there for hundreds of years.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#89New Post! Oct 20, 2017 @ 20:10:09
@mrmhead Said

As much as I dislike Trump, I think it was inappropriate for Ms Wilson to publicize/politicize this.

There are plenty of other opportunities for her to pick fights.

___

I remember at the start of the ME wars, someone in DC had said we'd be there for hundreds of years.

I view Trump as the person responsible for politicizing this by praising himself as better than other presidents (at contacting family members) and putting down other presidents (as if they either didn't contact family members to didn't to it the right way).

If he had acted like other presidents and just contacted the families (however he saw fit), this never would have been a news story.

But, as usual, Trump apparently can't reframe from lying and vomiting horse crap from his mouth.

NE, Ohio
#90New Post! Oct 20, 2017 @ 20:18:59
@chaski Said

I view Trump as the person responsible for politicizing this by praising himself as better than other presidents (at contacting family members) and putting down other presidents (as if they either didn't contact family members to didn't to it the right way).

If he had acted like other presidents and just contacted the families (however he saw fit), this never would have been a news story.

But, as usual, Trump apparently can't reframe from lying and vomiting horse crap from his mouth.

She should have pinned him on why didn't he say anything about it until days later, and has he called it an act of Radical Islamic Terrorism yet?

Yes, he was wrong too - first, but she brought it more personal to the family. If they felt so offended, let them say something.

Sometimes you just need to let people flop in the mud alone.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs