The Navy Gets Its First Female SEAL Candidate

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#16New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:17:43
@chaski Said

In the U.S. military the Infantry is "...is very slow and will probably suffer massive casulties before it reaches its target."

The Rangers being elite airborne light infantry combat formation.

Sounds like a quote from a Rangers blog!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:25:21
@shadowen Said

The IDF equivalent to the SEALS is Shayetet-13 which does not have ANY women in ANY combat roles.

And apparently the U.S. Navy SEALS are going to.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#18New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:27:18
@shadowen Said

Sounds like a quote from a Rangers blog!

But an accurate definition.

Oh....I forgot the "!"

And....they also have women.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#19New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:30:40
"And apparently the U.S. Navy SEALS are going to."

Time will tell. They still have to pass the course. The IDF though have male only (combat) special forces and male only elite infantry forces due purely to operational experiences and considerations.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#20New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:32:04
@shadowen Said

The IDF though have male only (combat) special forces and male only elite infantry forces due purely to operational experiences and considerations.

Shadowen you seem to want to make this thread about your knowledge of Israeli military units, when actually it is more about women in combat roles (in general) and women in special forces units (more particularly).

However, you should feel free to high jack the thread if you want...you've done it before, so should feel free to do it again.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#21New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:34:00
@chaski Said

But an accurate definition.

Oh....I forgot the "!"

And....they also have women.

My understanding is they have one woman (in the 75th) and she is an officer.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#22New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:41:12
@chaski Said

Shadowen you seem to want to make this thread about your knowledge of Israeli military units, when actually it is more about women in combat roles (in general) and women in special forces units (more particularly).

However, you should feel free to high jack the thread if you want...you've done it before, so should feel free to do it again.

My remarks re IDF 'special forces' units were relevant. You said "There are also female operators in various roles in Special Forces units, including:

YAMAG
Unit 669
YABAN
Oket'z"

I simply pointed out that one of those units doesnt even exist any more whilst the other three arent trained or tasked with direct combat roles (which makes them very different to the SEALS). I then simply told you what the closest equivalent to the SEALS is re the IDF. If that is somehow hijacking the thread then so be it. Can't see any point in carrying on this 'conversation' so knock yourself out.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#23New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:41:57
@shadowen Said

My understanding is they have one woman (in the 75th) and she is an officer.

the Caracal Battalion or the Rangers?

I think the Rangers have two women, both officers.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#24New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:42:59
i was thinking about irsael military women. i can't remember if israel was the first state used women in their delta force ( whatever call that ) in early 70's.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#25New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 16:46:05
@shadowen Said

My remarks re IDF 'special forces' units were relevant. You said "There are also female operators in various roles in Special Forces units, including:

YAMAG
Unit 669
YABAN
Oket'z"

I simply pointed out that one of those units doesnt even exist any more whilst the other three arent trained or tasked with direct combat roles (which makes them very different to the SEALS). I then simply told you what the closest equivalent to the SEALS is re the IDF. If that is somehow hijacking the thread then so be it.

Actually you said...quote:

"The units you mention are NOT infantry units.

YAMAG - formed in the 90's (and since disbanded) was a collective term for a number of criminal investigation units.
Unit 669 - specializes in search & rescue evacuations
YABAN - harbour protection
Oket'z - an independent canine unit that specializes in training and handling dogs for military applications"

I didn't notice you "simply pointed out that one of those units doesn't even exist".

@shadowen Said

Can't see any point in carrying on this 'conversation' so knock yourself out.

I literally complemented you on your 1st two posts, and decide to act like a know it all and then act like crybaby snowflake (chaski is so mean ) ... good... and good riddance.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#26New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 17:05:35
@chaski Said

Actually you said...quote:

"The units you mention are NOT infantry units.

YAMAG - formed in the 90's (and since disbanded) was a collective term for a number of criminal investigation units.
Unit 669 - specializes in search & rescue evacuations
YABAN - harbour protection
Oket'z - an independent canine unit that specializes in training and handling dogs for military applications"

I didn't notice you "simply pointed out that one of those units doesn't even exist".

So silly of me not to be explicit. I thought you knew that "since disbanded" meant the unit no longer existed. Clearly unwise of me to make such an assumption.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#27New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 17:09:21
@chaski Said

...decide to act like a know it all and then act like crybaby snowflake (chaski is so mean ) ... good... and good riddance.

Or put another way, you dont like to be corrected and instead of accepting you were incorrect you resort to immature personal attacks.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#28New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 17:09:53
@shadowen Said

So silly of me not to be explicit. I thought you knew that "since disbanded" meant the unit no longer existed. Clearly unwise of me to make such an assumption.

Oh Yeah!!! He's back!!

Well, on the point, unlike you, I will admit the point and stand corrected.

@shadowen Said

Or put another way, you dont like to be corrected and instead of accepting you were incorrect you resort to immature personal attacks.

Just did...Mr Cry Baby Snowflake.

But, hey...its good for you to be a crybaby and say you are leaving and then come back... Yeah!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#29New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 17:13:10
@shadowen Said

the SEALS are tasked with combat orientated direct action tasks.

No Way! Really? Who would have known!? So the women in the SEALS will be tasked with combat orientated direct action tasks?

Yeah! He's staying!

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#30New Post! Jul 23, 2017 @ 17:24:02
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs