Relationships

Still unsure....

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
tickleme On January 28, 2014

somewhere in the world., Antar
#1New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 11:41:48
I posted on here not long ago enquiring about whether the post office guy was flirting with me or just being friendly and doing his job....well i went in there yesterday and he has confused me even more...here's an update on what happened...

I walk in and he says "hey how are you, how can i help you?"
I tell him what i want and he smiles and laughs then shakes his head and says "god i love it when you come in here, you always know exacty what you want"

I bought some envelopes and stamps and he asked if i would like him to put the stamps on the envelope and i said "no thanks, they're for something else" and he said "now you have me thinking" and i just laughed.

Then he asked what i was doing for the easter break and i said "remember i told you i am boring, i plan on going fishing" and he said "that's awesome, the best thing ive heard so far" and then he said it was better than what he would be doing and i said "sitting on the lounge watching tv" and he said "pretty close" then another couple came in he had to serve and while he was polite with the "Hello how are you?" he wasnt friendly with the comments like he is with me.

Am i reading to much into this or was he trying to hit on me?
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#2New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 11:46:10
Quit playing head games. Take the bull by the horns and ask him out for coffee. You'll get your answer right quick!
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#3New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 11:47:47
@BozieFozie Said

Quit playing head games. Take the bull by the horns and ask him out for coffee. You'll get your answer right quick!

Couldn't agree more!
Guys are often more chicken s*** than girls. They LOVE when you take control and they dig confidence.

What've you got to lose, hon?

If he declines, smile and say; "Oh well. Some other time maybe."
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#4New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 12:11:57
He likes you. Yay!

#5New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:10:27
Thanks everyone. I have been in this situation before where i didn't know if they are interested or not and did take the bull by the horns but it didn't always work out for the best.
I have to go in there twice next week. I am hoping if he is interested that he will say something more out there to make it more known.
There's a coffee shop inside the shopping centre where he works at the post office, i wonder if i ask something like "Do they make good coffee at the cafe?" or maybe i can ask "Do you know where i can get a good coffee?" hopefully will prompt him to say something along the lines of joining me, but i don't feel like putting myself out there.
I am concerned he might just be friendly and doing his job and i am taking it the wrong way.
Kristy69 On September 14, 2014
Carly's Mommy

Underneath the Cyanide Sun....
#6New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:12:33
@tickleme Said

Thanks everyone. I have been in this situation before where i didn't know if they are interested or not and did take the bull by the horns but it didn't always work out for the best.
I have to go in there twice next week. I am hoping if he is interested that he will say something more out there to make it more known.
There's a coffee shop inside the shopping centre where he works at the post office, i wonder if i ask something like "Do they make good coffee at the cafe?" or maybe i can ask "Do you know where i can get a good coffee?" hopefully will prompt him to say something along the lines of joining me, but i don't feel like putting myself out there.
I am concerned he might just be friendly and doing his job and i am taking it the wrong way.

You could, but if he is generally interested, he might not want to make the first move because he is at work and it's unprofessional, you know?

#7New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:16:30
I can't see myself doing anything unless he does lol i am to chicken this time.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:21:19
The "God, I love when you come in here" is a pretty strong signal I think. It goes past common courtesy and is much more personal. As a guy, I wouldn't say something like that to a woman if I wasn't attracted to her.

It may be awkward for you, but I think Kristy and Bozie are right here...just ask him if he wants to get coffee! If that's too much of a leap for you then try what you mentioned and see if he bites.

Have you given him much back in the way of signaling that you're interested in him? He might be waiting for a strong indication that his advance would be welcome...

#9New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:26:45
@Eaglebauer Said

The "God, I love when you come in here" is a pretty strong signal I think. It goes past common courtesy and is much more personal. As a guy, I wouldn't say something like that to a woman if I wasn't attracted to her.

It may be awkward for you, but I think Kristy and Bozie are right here...just ask him if he wants to get coffee! If that's too much of a leap for you then try what you mentioned and see if he bites.

Have you given him much back in the way of signaling that you're interested in him? He might be waiting for a strong indication that his advance would be welcome...

I was a bit concerned that the "god i love it when you come in here" was more related to me being an easy customer as i have had dealings with the postal services for many years, as part of my work i send lots of items, so i know exactly what i need and how much it costs to post everything so it makes his job much easier.

I wont ask outright for coffee but will mention asking if the coffee place is good or where can i get a good coffee.

I have signalled anything really, i am just polite and friendly, which is my usual way i behave anyway.

I don't see much in the way of him doing anything phsyical such as being nervous around me or winking or anything...so i am unsure if he is friendly or more than that....tough one.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#10New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:29:59
@Eaglebauer Said

The "God, I love when you come in here" is a pretty strong signal I think.

I've had dozens of guys say that to me.. but it was after I had asked them out.
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:36:46
@tickleme Said

I was a bit concerned that the "god i love it when you come in here" was more related to me being an easy customer as i have had dealings with the postal services for many years, as part of my work i send lots of items, so i know exactly what i need and how much it costs to post everything so it makes his job much easier.

I wont ask outright for coffee but will mention asking if the coffee place is good or where can i get a good coffee.

I have signalled anything really, i am just polite and friendly, which is my usual way i behave anyway.

I don't see much in the way of him doing anything phsyical such as being nervous around me or winking or anything...so i am unsure if he is friendly or more than that....tough one.

Well I think asking about coffee...I mean what you said you were comfortable with by just asking if the place nearby has good coffee or something to that effect is a start, and he might pick up on the signal. I will say that if I was a single guy working somewhere and a customer was attractive to me I wouldn't act on it unless I had an idea she was interested too...outside the workplace I might be a little more daring but it sounds to me like he's just being cautious...which to be fair is smart of him.

Maybe you could return the compliment to him and say something about how you like going there because of him? Because of how helpful he is or something like that? That might still be a bit too obscure though as far as signals go...
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:37:18
@boxerdc Said

I've had dozens of guys say that to me.. but it was after I had asked them out.

Yeah at that point you're way past the need for signals.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#13New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 13:38:54
@Eaglebauer Said

Yeah at that point you're way past the need for signals.

As floydie can tell you first hand, my signals are generally something along the line of walking up, grabbing a** and saying "wanna f***?"..

Generally it works.

But, I'm a subtle bastard.

#14New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 14:01:35
@boxerdc Said

As floydie can tell you first hand, my signals are generally something along the line of walking up, grabbing a** and saying "wanna f***?"..

Generally it works.

But, I'm a subtle bastard.

lol............
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 06, 2012 @ 14:44:29
I know you are afraid of a knock back but have you thought he is holding back asking you out because you are just reacting to him in a friendly way so could be just as confused about you as you are of him?

Go for it, something casual like going in there near the end of his shift and say im thinking of having a coffee over there, why not join me. That way its looking like a nice way to end his working day and getting to spend some time with you.

Worst he can do is say no. which case you know either way. A little embarrassment is much better than not knowing either way and worrying how much you are interpreting his meanings. Say something to him- good luck!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs