Quick question.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#1New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:04:41
Ok, so i was wondering, and i dont know if this is in the right forum, but i was wondering something...

Im a child of mixed decent, father is african, and my mom is european, and i was wondering if i would be able to join the "Black Power Movement", or the Black Panthers. Not like im seriously going to, but since i have european in me, and dont look completely african american, would i be eligible to join?
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#2New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:05:53
I don't know.Call them and ask them.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#3New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:07:39
Sure, why not.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#4New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:09:55
@8FlOz Said

Ok, so i was wondering, and i dont know if this is in the right forum, but i was wondering something...

Im a child of mixed decent, father is african, and my mom is european, and i was wondering if i would be able to join the "Black Power Movement", or the Black Panthers. Not like im seriously going to, but since i have european in me, and dont look completely african american, would i be eligible to join?

Well since you're still considered Black by law, I see no reason why they'd say no. I'm not sure why you'd WANT to, but they shouldn't object to it.
foxytrot On February 04, 2015
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#5New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:11:10
@8FlOz Said

By joining an ethical movement you are promting racism. No, racism is defined as white hating every other color. It is defined as discriminating creed/ethinicy.

While you join a group for a race there are always opposing groups. Instead of joining a movement that is going to promote racism; even if you believe you are standing for you or "you're kind," you are intentionally segregating yourself from everyone else, you should be more interested in equal opprotunity movements.

Other than my two cents. No I have no clue. Good luck though
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#6New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:24:29
@crazylikeafox Said

Well since you're still considered Black by law, I see no reason why they'd say no. I'm not sure why you'd WANT to, but they shouldn't object to it.

the reason id WANT to is because BPP stands for better things than the KKK, sure theyre racist, but its the blacks of america taking a stand.

BPP vs. KKK...you gotta fight fire with fire, and id rather be on the Black side of the fight.
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#7New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:34:28
So in short, you'd rather all whites of America just die? Or just KKK? If it's just the KKK than it's not only blacks that want rid of them. It's everyone that's not part of them.

You should really look before you leap as any act you do in the name of BPP, KKK, etc; whatever, will be considered an act of racism/hate/discrimination.

Fighting fire with fire is the worst way to go about any ideal as it will lead to even more hatered from both parties. So all you'll be doing is spreading a fire and burning even more lives and keeping it going.

I am far from supportive in any racial movement.
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#8New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 03:39:12
@foxytrot Said

So in short, you'd rather all whites of America just die? Or just KKK? If it's just the KKK than it's not only blacks that want rid of them. It's everyone that's not part of them.

You should really look before you leap as any act you do in the name of BPP, KKK, etc; whatever, will be considered an act of racism/hate/discrimination.

Fighting fire with fire is the worst way to go about any ideal as it will lead to even more hatered from both parties. So all you'll be doing is spreading a fire and burning even more lives and keeping it going.

I am far from supportive in any racial movement.

id rather the racism just leave.
im not saying i want to join the BPP, but if it came down to it, theyd be the ones id join.
Turtle Ninja

Oceanside, California
#9New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 04:32:59
@8FlOz Said

im not saying i want to join the BPP, but if it came down to it, theyd be the ones id join.

You should look into the ACLU where it is a political group that wants rid of every form of discrimination. That is a way better alternative than getting involved in any movement that can lead to more hate or criminal records.
crazylikeafox On June 02, 2017

McKinney, Texas
#10New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 05:40:36
@8FlOz Said

the reason id WANT to is because BPP stands for better things than the KKK, sure theyre racist, but its the blacks of america taking a stand.

BPP vs. KKK...you gotta fight fire with fire, and id rather be on the Black side of the fight.

That's a bit extreme isn't it? The KKK is hardly mainstream. Even radicals think they're radical. All you really have to do is be rational and voila, you're against the KKK by default.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 13:58:11
Two trains of thought on this. You can join the more aggressive movement or a more pacifist movement. Or both.
Depends on how quick you want to make changes and how long they might last.
The aggressive movement is a quick responder but the gains are generally shorter lived. They do however bring much needed attnetion to problems being faced by the social group.

The more peaceful movement will take longer but will be more sustainable for future goals.

Both sides will get bloodied.

Study the American Indian Movement AIM and Black Panthers to see as well as Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

I have many AIM friends and some that were founders. They HAD to act.

Both the Black Panthers and AIM were infiltrated by the FBI who's purpose was to incite violence to turn american's against them.
Charlemagne On December 10, 2012

Houston,
#12New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 15:41:49
@8FlOz Said

You'd be far more effective in making a positive contribution for "your kind" by joining one of these:

1) Spelman College
2) Morehouse College
3) Florida A & M University
4) Clark Atlanta University
5) Howard University
6) Xavier University
7) Hampton University
8) Tuskegee University
9) North Carolina A&T University
10) Stanford University
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#13New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 15:52:36
@8FlOz Said

Then avoid the hate and call both of them what they are, hate-mongers.

@"foxytrot" Said
You should look into the ACLU where it is a political group that wants rid of every form of discrimination.

Yeah, and irrationally "celebrate" diversity while forcing everyone to be the same.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#14New Post! May 11, 2010 @ 15:56:57
@shinobinoz Said
Both the Black Panthers and AIM were infiltrated by the FBI who's purpose was to incite violence to turn american's against them.

OMG
8FlOz On August 24, 2012
S.W.E.D

Fairbanks, Alaska
#15New Post! May 12, 2010 @ 01:48:51
@Charlemagne Said

You'd be far more effective in making a positive contribution for "your kind" by joining one of these:

1) Spelman College
2) Morehouse College
3) Florida A & M University
4) Clark Atlanta University
5) Howard University
6) Xavier University
7) Hampton University
8) Tuskegee University
9) North Carolina A&T University
10) Stanford University

har har har i might be african, but i cant stand black folks that much i need to be in a melting pot.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs