Neediness

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#1New Post! Oct 07, 2014 @ 15:13:38
If someone is needy, what does this actually mean?

So far the best definition I have found is

" You become needy when you need someones VALIDATION to feel good about yourself. When you already feel good, when you dont let their response dictate your state of being, you wont be "needy".

Im not saying feeling validated is bad, well actually it is, as it messes up your head as it is quite an intense emotion. But needing it is.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Oct 07, 2014 @ 20:34:50
@Hypnotica Said

If someone is needy, what does this actually mean?

So far the best definition I have found is

" You become needy when you need someones VALIDATION to feel good about yourself. When you already feel good, when you dont let their response dictate your state of being, you wont be "needy".

Im not saying feeling validated is bad, well actually it is, as it messes up your head as it is quite an intense emotion. But needing it is.

The main reason for this would be to have someone outside of just ourself to interact with...

I think we're in the dichotomal-opposite version of what this is meant to be ~ Start off in Hell so that we know what NOT to do when we reincarnate into the more friendlier version of this existence.

What seems to be taught here is to not depend too much on others because they are wayward and lost.

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Oct 07, 2014 @ 20:43:08
Hark, Teachers! Here thy word! Be thee not jealous of your apt pupils! For it has been told that is the children whom shall leadeth thy way!

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Oct 07, 2014 @ 20:44:19
And don't any of you DARE add the above to the Bible and blame it on me.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#5New Post! Oct 08, 2014 @ 00:57:48
Human interaction is valid therapy. Talking your problems with another can help resolve inner conflict, unburden guilt, and give a different view to the situation. Calling some thing that is normal need some name like neediness puts the situation in a bad connotation. This kind of sharing and talking is what friends are for. So if you do it over a beer, or tea and coffee, or what ever, it is a normal thing.

Corey.
GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#6New Post! Oct 08, 2014 @ 01:28:21
@Hypnotica Said

I am a member of a social forum called The Forum Site. Occasionally I have a need to respond to people even though it's less important for me to get a response. The fact that I'm a member at all suggests that I have a weakness--a need--for others. Of course, the fact that this community is utterly virtual acts as a buffer. No one on the internet has the ability to duplicate on the net what can/sometimes ought to happen in the physical world.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Oct 08, 2014 @ 01:29:15
@GreenAppleKing Said

I am a member of a social forum called The Forum Site. Occasionally I have a need to respond to people even though it's less important for me to get a response. The fact that I'm a member at all suggests that I have a weakness--a need--for others. Of course, the fact that this community is utterly virtual acts as a buffer. No one on the internet has the ability to duplicate on the net what can/sometimes ought to happen in the physical world.

I validate you.

GreenAppleKing On April 23, 2015

Deleted

, United States (general)
#8New Post! Oct 08, 2014 @ 01:31:05
@Eaglebauer Said

I validate you.

free parking is a perk

, New Zealand
#9New Post! Oct 08, 2014 @ 04:36:05
Here's the problem. I was guilty of it during a relationship in my early twenties. It was half way through that relationship I learnt how I was being an a*****e so I changed my attitude (then she turned the table and got sweet revenge ).

If the relationship is such that the person is suggesting that they are not a priority to YOU. They need to learn to become a priority to themselves and not depend on your undivided attention and worship 24/7 like a little child.

Children do so as priori - Insisting parents constant attention on them so that they do not become confiscated by dingos.

Banned

#10New Post! Oct 08, 2014 @ 08:01:26
@Corey Said

Human interaction is valid therapy. Talking your problems with another can help resolve inner conflict, unburden guilt, and give a different view to the situation. Calling some thing that is normal need some name like neediness puts the situation in a bad connotation. This kind of sharing and talking is what friends are for. So if you do it over a beer, or tea and coffee, or what ever, it is a normal thing.

Corey.

Im not talking about actually discussing problems or issues. Or talking about events. Im talking about people who are not content with the way things are, who need constant reassurance all the time over everything. As though they cant think for themselves, they just need constant approval from others.

Its one of those things I used to be guilty of myself, just wish I knew what went wrong in my life to make me like that for a while.

@Electric_Banana Said

Here's the problem. I was guilty of it during a relationship in my early twenties. It was half way through that relationship I learnt how I was being an a*****e so I changed my attitude (then she turned the table and got sweet revenge ).

If the relationship is such that the person is suggesting that they are not a priority to YOU. They need to learn to become a priority to themselves and not depend on your undivided attention and worship 24/7 like a little child.

Children do so as priori - Insisting parents constant attention on them so that they do not become confiscated by dingos.

What do you mean by she turned the table?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#12New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 04:26:06
On the lighter side, this same purpose could possibly be accomplished by having a pre-recorded tape made - push play and hear:
---intermittent shallow breathing
---warm, loving, accepting ambiance/energy emanating from 'the voice'
---at random intervals and in random order hear phrases such as this: "I agree", "Other people can be soo stupid", "You gotta
do what's best for you"
---throw in a sigh of understanding

Walla!! Now all one's venting is still private.
Best kept secret (baggage), even!

@Corey Said

Corey.

Banned

#13New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 12:07:23
@DuLu Said

On the lighter side, this same purpose could possibly be accomplished by having a pre-recorded tape made - push play and hear:
---intermittent shallow breathing
---warm, loving, accepting ambiance/energy emanating from 'the voice'
---at random intervals and in random order hear phrases such as this: "I agree", "Other people can be soo stupid", "You gotta
do what's best for you"
---throw in a sigh of understanding

Walla!! Now all one's venting is still private.
Best kept secret (baggage), even!

Yep, this method exists, its called Affirmations. Apparently the mind is most influenced by your own voice.What I found was making a list of negitive thoughts about myself that limited me. I then wrote a list of beliefs that I wanted in place of them. I then listened to it quietly when i went to bed through ear phones.

Of course the damage that is caused by negative beliefs cannot be cured instantlyu as it is deeply roote dinto our subconcious. So it takes a while for the new beliefs to form.

There are also products that help with this sucgh as Metamorphisis by the real Hypnotica, but the process I have described is the general idea.

And hypnosis products perform the same.

But using this method you are taking action and assuming responsibility for yourself. So when you chat to someone you can just enjoy a real conversation instead of using them to make yourself feel good about yourself. We are responsible for our own actions, thoughts and beliefs.

If you let society dictate to you and dont do anything about it, then your just a sheep, and deserve to be treated as such.

Banned

#14New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 12:10:42
Im going to make a distinction here with my above comment.

When I say deserve to be treated as such.

There is a saying, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

If someone accepts that they are f**ked in the head and they need to get some sort of help, then ask for advice and follow it, thats one thing, thats the route I took.

But if you acknowledge this, do nothing about it, then complain because life isnt easy. Thats what makes you a sheep. You only get out what you put in. If you put nothing in you get nothing out. So enjoy your life eating the script provided by the wolves.

, New Zealand
#15New Post! Oct 09, 2014 @ 18:20:40
@Hypnotica Said

Im going to make a distinction here with my above comment.

When I say deserve to be treated as such.

There is a saying, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

If someone accepts that they are f**ked in the head and they need to get some sort of help, then ask for advice and follow it, thats one thing, thats the route I took.

But if you acknowledge this, do nothing about it, then complain because life isnt easy. Thats what makes you a sheep. You only get out what you put in. If you put nothing in you get nothing out. So enjoy your life eating the script provided by the wolves.

Those who I vent to never hear my venting because Hades intercepts and retorts "Quit going on about this stupid s*** because people are blaming all of your clap-trappin' conspiracy crap on me!"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs