Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#2New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 22:22:18
@Kristy69 Said

https://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/31/missouri-republicans-pass-two-anti-abortion-bills-allowing-employers-and-doctors-to-deny-women-birth-control/

....there are no words.

I've got 3:

Welcome to America!
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#3New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 00:38:51
Of course she can always buy her own birth control.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 00:47:05
@TenaciousDave Said

I've got 3:

Welcome to America!

I think you are 19 years too late.
musicalzealot On March 28, 2017

Under psycoskunk's bed, Japan
#5New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 01:30:12
That would never happen here, it's illegal. The Japanese Government is actually paying women to have children. To the tune of 10,000,000?, or around $120,000 US.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#6New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 01:36:47
@raditz Said

Of course she can always buy her own birth control.

I dont understand this. Is birth control supplied by the state for free there? and if so, is it subject to employers and doctors discretion?

Because if thats the case...yeah, just go buy your own....we have to here.

The abortion issue is a whole other story though
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#7New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 01:40:59
I just said this in another thread, I'll put it here too....

The world is truly coming to an end.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#8New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:00:21
no answer forthcoming here, so I've googled and still cant find an answer...I forgot you guys dont have ANY free healthcare

So...is Birth control supplied through your wown health insurance then?...and if so..arent you already paying anyway?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:07:12
@cammie Said

I dont understand this. Is birth control supplied by the state for free there? and if so, is it subject to employers and doctors discretion?

Because if thats the case...yeah, just go buy your own....we have to here.

The abortion issue is a whole other story though

No, BC is not supplied by the state. In theory it should be covered in health insurance like any other prescribed medication. Each plan can decide what brand is covered and how much you pay for name brand vs generics. It hasn't been a separate issue before.

But it's becoming a "moral" issue and whole bunch of crap attached to it as a way for the political parties to gain points since they apparently can't stand or argue on issues that don't have a hot button "morality/sexual issue". and yet one more way for people to argue about the affordable health care act.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#10New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:22:48
@DiscordTiger Said

No, BC is not supplied by the state. In theory it should be covered in health insurance like any other prescribed medication. Each plan can decide what brand is covered and how much you pay for name brand vs generics. It hasn't been a separate issue before.

But it's becoming a "moral" issue and whole bunch of crap attached to it as a way for the political parties to gain points since they apparently can't stand or argue on issues that don't have a hot button "morality/sexual issue". and yet one more way for people to argue about the affordable health care act.

Thanks. So the post I quoted was an attempt at "humour" then I'm guessing.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#11New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:32:00
@cammie Said

Thanks. So the post I quoted was an attempt at "humour" then I'm guessing.

Well, I wouldn't call it humor per se.

That actually is pretty much the conservative party line, or the argument that keeps coming up. They don't like something and they want to refuse it.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#12New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:35:11
Since when is it such a goddamn big deal about birth control? For f***s sake, the vast majority of women in the US have or do use BC.

It is used for everything from actual birth control (aka responsible family planning) to regulate cycles, from clearing up acne to adjusting hormone levels. What ever reason a woman takes it is nobody's damn business besides her and her doctors.

This religious objection s*** has got to stop. Before you know it, you're going to have people objecting to things based on religions you don't agree with. Then those religions are going to have powers over your life. Which may be all fine and dandy if you're on the long end of the stick, but what christian wants to be affected by sharia law?? You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

I hope to god these bills aren't signed into law. And if they are, I hope they are challenged quickly.
cammie On May 04, 2013

Deleted

, Australia
#13New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:35:16
@DiscordTiger Said

Well, I wouldn't call it humor per se.

That actually is pretty much the conservative party line, or the argument that keeps coming up. They don't like something and they want to refuse it.

Gotcha. I can see clearly now.

Thanks for explaining.
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#14New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:38:11
One way or another, after I have this baby I am going to get an IUD. f*** the government.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#15New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 02:39:10
@cammie Said

no answer forthcoming here, so I've googled and still cant find an answer...I forgot you guys dont have ANY free healthcare

So...is Birth control supplied through your wown health insurance then?...and if so..arent you already paying anyway?

There is no such thing as free healthcare, regardless of what your politicians try to tell you.

I haven't needed to worry about BC, so I'm not sure.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs