Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#46New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 12:14:26
@adrinachrome Said

You need to get a ps4.

Do they have the fun cartoony complicated games? I don't like the shoot 'em up, beat 'em up, bloody violent games.
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#47New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 12:19:37
@LuckyCharms Said

Do they have the fun cartoony complicated games? I don't like the shoot 'em up, beat 'em up, bloody violent games.

Uhh. You kill things in Zelda. I remember. Ps4 has a decent variety.
Magically Delicious

#48New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 12:23:02
@adrinachrome Said

Uhh. You kill things in Zelda. I remember. Ps4 has a decent variety.

Yes but in a very cute cartoony way. Oh sure it's a bit dark colored - especially in the last battle, but even Yosemite Sam shot off some guns in the Warner Bros. cartoons. It's all in how it's done. The realistic ones with people and blood... not my thing. I don't like witnessing human violence let alone being the active hand. Even if in just a video game.

The other caveat is they have to be complicated. Otherwise I get seriously bored and won't play.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#49New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 14:16:11
@LuckyCharms Said

Yes but in a very cute cartoony way. Oh sure it's a bit dark colored - especially in the last battle, but even Yosemite Sam shot off some guns in the Warner Bros. cartoons. It's all in how it's done. The realistic ones with people and blood... not my thing. I don't like witnessing human violence let alone being the active hand. Even if in just a video game.

The other caveat is they have to be complicated. Otherwise I get seriously bored and won't play.

daisy mouse and daisy duke said that Yosemite Sam always shot blanks.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#50New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 14:41:05
@twilitezone911 Said

daisy mouse and daisy duke said that Yosemite Sam always shot blanks.

Well suffer'n succotash!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#51New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 15:46:42
@shinobinoz Said

Well suffer'n succotash!

he strike out with both daisys. they with goofy, he really do things goofy.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#52New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 19:09:41
@twilitezone911 Said

he strike out with both daisys. they with goofy, he really do things goofy.

Blasted varmints!
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#53New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 20:24:38
@NNewt84 Said

Really? Because I had a Gameboy Color as a kid, and all I played was this Toy Story racing game (similar to Mario Kart).

Also, my sister also owned a Gameboy Color, and she had this Alice in Wonderland platform game, which I also used to play:

Yes, I know I'm speaking from personal experience, but isn't it also anecdotal to assume that everyone had a Gameboy Color just to play Pokémon?

Not when the sales numbers speak for themselves.

The combined sales of the original Gameboy and the Gameboy Color, which were the two main handhelds that people used around that time, were more than 44 million in the Americas alone. Coupled with the fact that Pokemon was the most successful-selling titles for the handheld systems and with the Gameboy Color coming out around the same time as Pokemon Gold/Silver which, surprise surprise, now featured full colour, it definitely didn't hurt their sales.

Now here's the funny part: The Gen 1 games (Red/Blue/Yellow/Green [Japan Only]) actually outsold the number of Gameboys in the Americas. Obviously other people around the world bought them too, but when the number of games sold is a whole 2 million more than the combined sales of all Gameboy systems in the largest region... you know you've got something special.

Specifically, it breaks down like this:

Gen 1

Red/Blue/Green (GB): 31.38 million
Yellow (GB): 14.64 million

Red/Blue/Green/Yellow (Virtual Console [not counted because not technically on Gameboy and reflect recent sales of older games) : 1.7 million

Gen 2

Gold/Silver/Crystal (GBC): 29.49 million.

Combined Sales: 75.51 million

So when it comes to Pokemon, which debuted on the Gameboy and carried the system away from being an 'adult-friendly' system (the original was bundled with Tetris, which was one of the best-selling games for it for a while) into an almost staple in playgrounds and schools, I think it's safe to say that the majority of people bought Gameboys for Pokemon.

That's not to say that other games weren't popular too or that other games didn't exist, but no offense... most people weren't really in demand for a side-scrolling Alice in Wonderland or a Mario-Kart ripoff with Toy Story. Then again, I liked Nail 'N Scale and almost no one knew about that game.

Pokemon Sales , Gameboy Sales

@LuckyCharms Said

I never got into the pokemon craze. I did play my fair share of video games. The last system I had was the N64. I sincerely liked Zelda Ocarina of Time and the Banjo-Kazooie series was a blast.

I remember playing "Combat" on the old Atari system.

I unfortunately didn't have an N64, so I watched my friends when they played Ocarina and Banjo-Kazooie. I finally got a chance to play and beat Ocarina of Time on my 3DS when I borrowed it from a friend of my dad's, except I did it on Master Quest which I didn't know made the game tougher as well as swap the map. I'm used to seeing Death Mountain on the left side of Hyrule.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#54New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 20:33:52
@LuckyCharms Said

@LuckyCharms Said

Well s***... I was gonna suggest either Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne because they have a very similar kind of veil in terms of an adventurer exploring a hostile world, in addition to them being pretty complicated and challenging, yet rewarding, but...

...most, if not all of the game consists of you killing horrific abominations, possessed creatures, blood-crazed hunters and 'Unkindled,' giant-ass bosses with 20-foot long weapons, brutal deaths, unfair enemy placement/traps, ridiculous difficulty curves in some areas, etc... Plus some of the enemies are more than a little disturbing. The Blood-Starved Beast for example, is basically a large feral, wolf-like creature covered in bloody flesh which has actually 'split' around its head area, so when its rushing you, its head is flopping to either side with its exposed skull biting and tearing at you.

Magically Delicious

#55New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 21:03:14
@psycoskunk Said

Well s***... I was gonna suggest either Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne because they have a very similar kind of veil in terms of an adventurer exploring a hostile world, in addition to them being pretty complicated and challenging, yet rewarding, but...

...most, if not all of the game consists of you killing horrific abominations, possessed creatures, blood-crazed hunters and 'Unkindled,' giant-ass bosses with 20-foot long weapons, brutal deaths, unfair enemy placement/traps, ridiculous difficulty curves in some areas, etc... Plus some of the enemies are more than a little disturbing. The Blood-Starved Beast for example, is basically a large feral, wolf-like creature covered in bloody flesh which has actually 'split' around its head area, so when its rushing you, its head is flopping to either side with its exposed skull biting and tearing at you.

Yeah that's not bad. It's the people on people violence that I don't like to see on video games. But ugly, mean and evil creatures that take all sorts of odd shapes and forms? They need killing, right?
Funky-Footed Skunk

#56New Post! Jan 29, 2017 @ 21:16:00
@LuckyCharms Said

Yeah that's not bad. It's the people on people violence that I don't like to see on video games. But ugly, mean and evil creatures that take all sorts of odd shapes and forms? They need killing, right?

That they do. There are actually a lot of people that you have to kill unfortunately, but you won't feel bad for them. They're either hunters who've gone mad with bloodlust and are slowly turning into beasts themselves, or crazy townsfolk who shoot, stab, burn and rake first, then ask questions later. There are some 'normal people' who you can convince to take shelter at a church and there are others who you can interact with, but you probably wouldn't feel bad for them.

Father Gascione you might feel bad for because he's the one who helps you in the beginning, but when you see him again, he's already too far gone. Plus he abandoned his kids and his youngest daughter asks you to find him at some point. When you go back to her after beating him, she recognizes the locket you get as belonging to her mother, which only serves to make her more distraught and sadly, if you go to a certain point in the sewers where you fight the giant pig en route to Gascione after you beat him and talked to his daughter, and then kill the pig, it'll drop the hair ribbon of a little girl...

Fukitall, Arizona
#57New Post! Jan 30, 2017 @ 04:10:52
@psycoskunk Said

The stories for both of those games is lacking. They are pretty damn fun though, but only cause of the challenge. And then its really only an initial challenge. As soon as you figure out the patterns of attack and how to avoid them its pretty cut amd dry.

Personally if i was gonna recommend a game for exploring a hostile world I'd go with the either the witcher 3, fallout 4, skyrim, or dragon age inquisition.

Did you ever play Catherine for the ps3? I think thats a game lucky would enjoy. If you cant think fast in that game, you lose

Fukitall, Arizona
#58New Post! Jan 30, 2017 @ 04:14:34
@LuckyCharms Said

You should play skyrim. You owe it to yourself. There's definitely a lot of people om people violence, but the game world is amazing. Better yet would be the witcher 3 but i think that might be a little too grim... Well a lot too grim.

Plus you can be a girl in skyrim.
Magically Delicious

#59New Post! Jan 30, 2017 @ 04:22:22
@adrinachrome Said

You should play skyrim. You owe it to yourself. There's definitely a lot of people om people violence, but the game world is amazing. Better yet would be the witcher 3 but i think that might be a little too grim... Well a lot too grim.

Plus you can be a girl in skyrim.

Sadly enough I think the last female character I played was "Tiny Kong" in DK64.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs