"The Cabin in the Woods"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Apr 13, 2012 @ 23:56:35
It was promoted as a different horror movie, so I went to see it. It was different and in a good way, but...... This is the first teen slasher movie I've been to (although it's rated R) in years, and besides the obligatory carnage (yawn, lol, yawn), I was enjoying it because it looked like it might actually have something to say.

But it veered off in the last 10 seconds, leaving me disgusted and downgrading it 3 points to a 4/10. The pothead was cool and the explanation for why he was understanding what was going on better than the rest was the best laugh of the movie.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 14, 2012 @ 00:01:21
Yeah I've heard that the ending is supposed to be a bit of a let down. Other than that though there's been loads of rave reviews about how good it is. Going to see it when I get the chance so thanks for not spoiling anything (not that I really care about spoilers).
Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#3New Post! Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:46:27
I heard about the idea behind the movie (researchers with a booby-trapped house acting out a teen slasher flick) a few months ago, and it did nothing for me. Then I saw the commercials and the force-field and thought the movie looked stupid. Well, I just read the synopsis of the movie on Wikipedia, and I have to say . . .

I don't know.

Reading about it, the movie sounds terrible, but it's getting good reviews, so it has to be a good experience in the theater. Still, I don't like the ideas behind the stuff in the movie, and I doubt I could watch it without screaming, "That's not how you do things! That makes no sense!" Then again, I could laugh throughout the entire thing. But I'm not going to risk my time or money right now to see it. Maybe if it's On-Demand or Netflix in the future.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:36:04
It definitely gets funny and appears to be satirizing horror, but the ending makes no sense at all unless the final statement is that the genre is overall silly and stupid and meaningless. Hmmmmm, maybe, but if that's the case it muffed the execution because it was so obscure.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs