, New Zealand
#61New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 05:32:12
Glenn for Pope!
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#62New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 06:15:51
@Glenn Said

Nope if we are all just random accidents then it does not matter what we think...because even our thoughts are just random accidents

Perhaps you enjoy playing the fool, but it does not serve any purpose but to display that you are a fool.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#63New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 10:05:11
@aquine Said

What you have done here is what JW's do when they witness, which is much like the technique of a politician.

You twist and turn.

First you said that you will continue explaining God's Word to unbelievers.

Then I said that Jesus didn't persist with unbelievers.

Then you twist God's Word to justify yourself.

This is the mode of attack Satan used when he approached Eve, and is most often the basis of all his assaults on God's Word.

Genesis 3:1
[1] Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Satan is rebuked in the name of Jesus Christ.

I'm not twisting anything. Jesus himself said that "This good news of the Kngdom will be preached in all the earth". What would be the point in preaching to the already converted.

I also provided scriptures which showed that Jesus said that his ministry was only to the "Lost sheep of Israel.

Because of those scriptures and others I suggest that it is you who is twisting things in line with Apostate thought, which is the main line of attack used by Stan on all who would wish to serve Jesus.

I have no need to twist because if people choose to believe me or not makes no difference to me or to any but the ones making the choices. Christ's commission is to preach only, not to force anyone to listen.

Do you want people to die at Armageddon?

Do you have so little love for your fellow man that you will not try to point out the error of his ways and save him?

Is that remotely a Christian attitude?

Christ's ministry was, as he said, only for the Jews, I do not deny that; but his statement that it would later be carried out throughout the earth shows that he never intended the ministry of his followers to be only to those who believe.

Also who do you call unbelievers? Do you include those, like yourself who have no idea who and what Christ was? Who have no idea what his commission was? Those who, in fact are believing in a lie?

As Jesus pointed out at Matthew 7, he looks on them as unbelievers, as well as those who have no belief at all. In fact he appears to view them as more despicable that those who have no belief at all, if only because having had God's word available to them they, like the Pharisees of Jesus day, have no excuse not to know the truth.

As Jesus said Aquine, take the plank out of your own eye before worrying about what may be a splinter on the eyes of others? How can you lead anyone to the light if you can't see it for yourself? You may feel able to argue with scripture, you may feel able to argue with the work of Holy Spirit, I do not, nor do I wish to. I am happy to go wherever it leads, and to continue to pray to the one true God, and the Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, Jehovah (or Yehowah, or Yahweh if you prefer).

Incidentally, in that scripture where Jesus tells the disciples that he was "sent forth only to the lost sheep of Israel" don't forget he did say "sent forth" which proves that even in the heavens before there was someone with the authority to send him. That means he was not, and could not have been, God.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#64New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 10:37:01
@MadCornishBiker Said

Incidentally, in that scripture where Jesus tells the disciples that he was "sent forth only to the lost sheep of Israel" don't forget he did say "sent forth" which proves that even in the heavens before there was someone with the authority to send him. That means he was not, and could not have been, God.

It is sad to see how someone who believes he is so knowledgeable about God's Word is so deluded by his own blindness.

The trinity describes three distinct persons as one God.

Because you truly are a blind guide you believe, because the Father sent the Son, and because the Son sent the Holy Ghost, that they are not one God.

Though the fullness of the Trinity is far beyond human comprehension, it is unquestionably how God has revealed Himself in Scripture—as one God eternally existing in three Persons.

To deny or misunderstand the Trinity is to deny or misunderstand the very nature of God Himself.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#65New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 10:42:30
The Epiphany is a conflict for understanding the Holy Spirit. According to the Acts It is an obligation to spread the news of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Still the Law knows it to be in the light of some sort of Progress of national concern. Nothing emerged and it seems to always be emerging through common coincidences to be better understood at the level of Being.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#66New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 13:37:54
@Glenn Said

Understand what?

What have you got to offer except utter uselessness? You say we evolved via random forces of nature ... which means that we are just random ... our thoughts are just random and mean nothing ... the words written on this page got here via forces of nature. If we are just molecules in motion WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT WE BELIEVE. We can believe that you are going to spend an eternity in hell and IT WON'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE because if we are just random "accidents" THERE IS NOT A HELL so why do you care if we think that you are heading there ... because if we are random forces of nature then my belief in a hell is also just as random and therefore your OFFENSE taken at my belief ... well is also just a random reaction so I should continue to tell you that there is a hell and you should continue to be offended ... BECAUSE BOTH just HAPPENED and there is no real control over anything.

I'm sorry the wonder of life has no meaning on its own to you. I'm sorry you think that there has to be some kind of divine force behind life in order to ascribe value to it.

Don't take it out on me. I find life infinitely fascinating and need no 'man behind the curtain' to enjoy it and what it has to offer.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#67New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 13:55:56
@aquine Said

Here is the home page for the site which will illuminate the truth about the false teachers, false prophets, deluded disciples and deceptive decoys known as Jehovah's witnesses:

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Finding the competition for souls a little stiff out there is we.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#68New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 13:59:14
@MadCornishBiker Said

I should also add that there are no "stumper questions" I have heard them all before and they6 are very simple to answer

Yeah, "God said it, I believe it, that settles it."

Got that bumper sticker pasted on my toilet lid.

Banned

#69New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 14:09:15
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Yeah, "God said it, I believe it, that settles it."

Got that bumper sticker pasted on my toilet lid.

Only because I can back it up, and have on here many times. Still, you don't have to believe it, your choice, your loss.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#70New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 14:15:26
@futilevoice Said

Perhaps you enjoy playing the fool, but it does not serve any purpose but to display that you are a fool.

If the pattern made by the wind in the sand is created by the wind it means nothing except that there was wind ... and you know that by looking at the sand that there was wind even if there is no longer wind the pattern in the sand is evidence of the wind.

If we are just patterns of the forces of nature then all we know is that the forces exist. So far no one has SEEN forces of nature make a living thing from naturally occurring matter "like the sand" therefore you believe something that has never been observed to occur in contrast to the wind making patterns in the sand. Which means that you have faith in an event that has never been observed to occur.

And if we are just "waves in the sand" then nothing is meaningful and everything is just different "waves in the sand" and there is no good and evil ... only different shapes of waves "created by the wind".
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#71New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 14:50:03
@Glenn Said

If the pattern made by the wind in the sand is created by the wind it means nothing except that there was wind ... and you know that by looking at the sand that there was wind even if there is no longer wind the pattern in the sand is evidence of the wind.

If we are just patterns of the forces of nature then all we know is that the forces exist. So far no one has SEEN forces of nature make a living thing from naturally occurring matter "like the sand" therefore you believe something that has never been observed to occur in contrast to the wind making patterns in the sand. Which means that you have faith in an event that has never been observed to occur.

And if we are just "waves in the sand" then nothing is meaningful and everything is just different "waves in the sand" and there is no good and evil ... only different shapes of waves "created by the wind".

And so what is your point? Do we need to observe something to prove it exists? If that is the case, then no one would believe in God.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#72New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 15:09:15
@futilevoice Said

And so what is your point? Do we need to observe something to prove it exists? If that is the case, then no one would believe in God.

Nope just like the ripples in the sand is evidence of the wind intelligence is evidence of intelligence.

Wind can make ripples in the sand but it can't change the composition of the sand ... To change the composition of the sand requires intelligence.

Banned

#73New Post! Sep 07, 2012 @ 11:05:01
@aquine Said

Here is the home page for the site which will illuminate the truth about the false teachers, false prophets, deluded disciples and deceptive decoys known as Jehovah's witnesses:

That site is nothing but lies and twisted words. If you want the real truth go to www.jw.org.
burnick On December 02, 2012

, Philippines
#74New Post! Sep 07, 2012 @ 11:42:09
@MadCornishBiker Said

That site is nothing but lies and twisted words. If you want the real truth go to www.jw.org.

real truth about jw maybe but not the church of the bible.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs