The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Will you fight the evil terrorists if your ever in a flight 93 situation?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Zooluke On June 29, 2009

Deleted

San diego, California
#1New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 22:16:11
.It doesnt have to be just a plane. It could be anywhere you are. My answer is YES, i would fight those maggots with everything i had. I am not a bad a** cage fighter or anything like that, i am a normal guy with normal strength and anger, but Pacifism in these situations is useless, especially after 911. So, what are your thoughts?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 22:19:09
Before 9/11, no one on a flight would have imagined that the terrorists intended from the outset to crash the plane.

It's different now. Now, if your plane is taken over, the expectation is that they absolutely intend to kill themselves and everyone else on board. Passengers will no question use force to defend themselves.
capt_rojea On May 11, 2009

Deleted

Twp of Orangeville,
#3New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 22:50:33
It depends on whose side you?re on. After all in ?terrorist? eyes everyone else is evil. If you look at it the way you are, our founding fathers are evil terrorist because they dare fight against another country. I mean after all Posing as another race and dumping tea into a harbor, how ethical is that? What about the American Indian fighting for their rights and land that the rest for the world stole? Are the Indians terrorist for standing and fighting for what they believe in? I don't condone the bashing; killing, maiming or otherwise harming ignorant people that may be otherwise considered "innocent", but their ignorance put them in that situation. My belief, regardless the situation, if you don't fight for your own life, and the lives of others not educated in these situations such as babies and the very young, you deserve what you get. Today my body is riddled with scars because of situations that put me in harm?s way but until my last breath I will fight to live and I am the only one I can for not being literate on topics of survival. In close my message is this, Literacy is a key; to both Survival and independence. This includes tactics of battle.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#4New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 23:06:48
@jonnythan Said

Before 9/11, no one on a flight would have imagined that the terrorists intended from the outset to crash the plane.

It's different now. Now, if your plane is taken over, the expectation is that they absolutely intend to kill themselves and everyone else on board. Passengers will no question use force to defend themselves.

What Jonnythan said.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#5New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 23:09:57
@jonnythan Said

Damn straight.
aceuvclubs On August 22, 2020
You with the face!

Seattle, Washington
#6New Post! Apr 04, 2009 @ 23:11:30
Remember the shoe bomb terrorist? I think nearly everyone on that plane took a whack at him after he was subdued
Zooluke On June 29, 2009

Deleted

San diego, California
#7New Post! Apr 05, 2009 @ 00:43:04
@captrojea. So i guess you would fight? Thats good news! And please dont EVER say alqaeda could have seen the passengers as evil. Thats a lie. Alqaeda hates everything and everyone because alqaeda fears love and hope! And alqaeda lust murder and death! Alqaeda know that they are consumed with hate! They fear god!
windstorm On June 28, 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
#8New Post! Apr 05, 2009 @ 00:47:18
Yes, no doubt about it.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#11New Post! Apr 05, 2009 @ 01:23:05
Of course, I'd give my life.I don't think that I'd think twice about doing whatever I could.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#12New Post! Apr 05, 2009 @ 01:49:50
@jonnythan Said

Yep jonnythan is spot on, sadly, about flight 93. The passengers of flight 93 spoke to family members who told them what was going on. They wouldn't have fought otherwise. The guys who tried to do so on that flight were truely heroic. It's impossible to know how many lives they saved, because that plane did not hit its intended target.

In Brisbane about 6 years ago there was a nutcase on a flight who brought out a wooden stake and waved it about just after take-off. As I remember the passengers had jumped on top of the guy and disarmed him before the flight crew even know what was going on lol. So if anyone was hapless enough to try this s*** on a plane now they'd be quite foolish I think.

Would I fight in a situation like this? Yes I have no doubt I would, that most people would. I have been in a robbery/hold-up type situation and I was so s***-scared it was hard to think straight, but I was able to process that the most important thing was that I lived, not what they wanted to steal. Self-preservation for me, kicked in immediately.

I've read that self-preservation is the basic cause of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Self preservation is so strong as an instinct in us that even 10 years after an event, some people are still so desperate to live & stay alive that they fear not just real but imagined danger too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs