maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#16New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 10:04:06
yeah the speeder bikes rule! i always wanted one
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#17New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 10:04:48
Isn't that just like IRL tho? The bad people always have more power, I think it's because they have less conscience. Like the dark side doesn't have one, so it's less burden to carry around so they can tap more of the power.
I just woke up so I hope that made sense. I may need to reexplain later
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#18New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 10:05:43
doubtingthomas On April 26, 2010
Jesus is my homie

Monterey, California
#19New Post! Oct 10, 2008 @ 19:02:24
@maximillion Said

anyone else notice the force powers were lets say weak on the good side

1. Luke had to practically give birth to even get his light saber
to come to him
2 Vader stole solo's gun with ease

3 darth star killer (Vaders hidden apprentice) can wipe out a room of storm troopers with as much as an angry look

4 yoda struggled to hold a cylinder thingy of his mates

5 evil anakin skywalker wiped out a whole temple of mini jedi
and it took vader to wipe out Emperor Palpatine cos luke was a b****

all i'm saying is so much for the balance

I am about to prove to the world how much of a total dork I am.

1. Luke had to give birth to get his light saber to come to him.

Keep in mind that Luke was not trained in the way of the force. Most latent Jedi use the force as a reactive methoud and have very little control. He doesn't have the focus to control his power, correctly.

2. Vader stole solos gun with ease.

Vader is a skilled sith lord at this point, which is much more suprising is his ablilty to stop blaster fire.

3. Darth starkiller, killed a bunch of guys.

Darth Starkiller just like Luke is focusing his reactive methoud in the form of hate and distruction. Think of like a surgeon and his ablity to repair the body and how much focus and skill it takes to operate a delicate precedure. The dark side of the force operates like a hammer and doesn't manipulate the force in the careful and understanding like the light side.

4. Yodas issue with holding up a pillar from crushing his mates.

Agian, destruction is easier to cause than its prevention.

5. Vader/Anakin was much more skilled than Luke was in the ways of the force.

Vader/Anakin was already a proven jedi master. Luke was not properly trained and he was in a scence the proficy of balance created by the force. Luke in all of the movies uses a mix of both darkside powers and light side powers. He shows this in his visit to Jabba the hut. He uses "Force Choke" on a pig guard at the very begining of ROTJ. This is a darkside power. Luke was the balanced between light and darksides of the force, and when you try and stay in the middle you don't have the extreme destructive ablitys (like dealing with emporer P.)

Remember Lukes role is to bring balance to the force, not be super duper light guy or super duper dark guy.
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#20New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 03:15:34
The dark side is NOT stronger. The real strength is in self-control, i.e., light side.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#21New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 03:17:53
@maximillion Said

anyone else notice the force powers were lets say weak on the good side

1. Luke had to practically give birth to even get his light saber
to come to him

I just laughed out loud.

Delta62 On March 30, 2024
Natural asshole

manchester, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Oct 11, 2008 @ 10:48:46
live long and prosper.... well george you have prospered enough so live long
ultranewbie On December 31, 2012

el dorado, New Mexico
#23New Post! Oct 12, 2008 @ 01:21:43
well, i still have a crush on the "young" luke skywalker, with that heroic, boyish face, huge grey eyes, and amazing '70's hair style, (tho' the story was set for "the future" ).

In my opinion, neither the Force nor the Darkside won..The one who was the most practical - was Han Solo.(harrison ford.)

Mark Hamill has been stuck in the Luke skywalker role since the 70's..hasn't had much work since..and still milking that role 30 years later, with voice overs. Apparently, there was a car accident, that the media/George Lucas "played up" according to Hamill..Hamill says actually, he only broke his nose..i guess he just didn't age well..There was competition on the set mainly on Hamill's part with Ford regarding popularity. Harrison Ford was far more mature, went home every nite to his wife and kids..while Hamill partied with the crew..then, later fell in love with an ex-playboy bunny-turned dental hygienist..Marilou York..

Carrie Fisher, she gives One-Man-shows on Broadway, about her life, and a couple of books she's written.

When i first saw Darth Vader in the original series, he was quite a sinister sight to behold - yes..but now? when i watch the DVD, and wait for his entrance..i can't help but think, "Wow, he looks like a great big can opener"..

while..

Harrison Ford,(Han Solo) is an ICON,with a variety of roles under his belt, at age 60+, has a 30-something girlfriend, just did another action/adventure movie,(Raiders of the Lost Ark), is still handsome, fit, charismatic, and he was the one that started out as a carpenter, reading lines in his spare time for George Lucas.

Han Solo rules..
cGobla On March 15, 2018

Polcenigo, Italy
#24New Post! Oct 12, 2008 @ 01:24:19
@rider Said

Ok Ok now let's get to something that's real,when doesn the next Star Trek movie come out????

December! this december
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs