The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Religion

Is the purpose of man to grow or is the purpose of man defined as a sinner and th

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
ThunderingEcho On March 25, 2009

Live Oak, Florida
#16New Post! Oct 13, 2008 @ 00:24:01
@doubtingthomas Said

Ok, I think I'm following you now. Your ideas follow the same line of reasoning as Kants Trancendental Idealism. Where the mind of the knower makes an active contribution of the experience of objects before us.

The problem with this way of thinking is, there is very little to any proof to it. When I say proof I am meaning the measure of consistant reactions to a object or given circumstance.

Sure the synapss in our minds is a form of electricity, and the universes electricity is all around us. Electricity is just a means to a end, our bodies have created a way to harness its power in a biological cell. To think that the loose energy flowing thoughout the cosmos has controled potential is just theory.

Look at it like this. Take a beach full of sand if you could "control" each individual sand you could make a mountian. A mountian boken down is just controled sand. Our biological mind is just a means of controling smaller forms of electricity, and a lighting bolt is just uncontroled sand. Our minds just like the mountian control this small form of loose electricity and direct it to a larger goal/form.

I think (agian I am frequently wrong) you are saying that the universe has a goal or a balance it is trying to achieve. I don't think you have much proof to this idea, just like I don't have much proof to the contrary. Neither side is right or wrong but remember to prove a theory is valid you must be able to compare and test it vs what is already known.

Sorry I have not got back to you?Now first off?I am all for the theory of knowledge, epistemology, which of course includes method and validation. However I also should say as I also believe in a person being intuition, and having insight.. I don?t care if insight is spiritual, divine or from the id. The rationale for this stance is clear as there is the relativity of the person in making the observation, the hisenburg principle of uncertainty and the null hypothesis to relate to the observation.

First I have not read Kant?s Transcendental Idealism?However the though that the mind puts fore a presence and thereby affects the world around it?is reality as we know it (sadness, joy, music, etc.). The though that energy of the mind can affect the world is another matter?However from personal experience, I have listened to people in shut out fog on the radio in the middle of the night and can hear the size of the vessel, the power of the engines, the anxious, fear, confidence in the voice. If the waves and particles of energy can be reflected in the person then are there not an equal 180 reaction.

Then of course by the mere looking into a molecule does it not affect the molecule. What about that time you were walking down the street and all of a sudden you look up to the three window on the right on the three floor (you did not look anywhere else, but there) and there the person was standing looking at you?Was there not a presence that was put fore by that mind on the three floor three windows to the right. Did it not affect you? Did it not control and thereby travel on the molecules of gas or was it simply by wave or particle transmission? Either way does not negate the fact that something from that mind connected to your mind?Now your insight might have said JUNG or jung however, the collective subconscious still implied a presence that is projected thereby we are still talking energy and thought being projected out from another person.

Do people in fact release energy from their bodies? Is not other people empathy able to pick up those vibrations of energy and know what those people are in fact thinking and feeling? Is it consistence and measurable?we know that these things happen but do they happen all the time.

Who knows?is the universe alive, who knows? But if there is a God what purpose would he have in doing and playing with some ants on a very small speck within one of his universes. If it is about growth or is it about sin?.If it is about growth then what purpose would mankind serve?if energy and thought are somehow connected to said purpose then is mankind purpose to bond his thoughts to energy and thereby the Universe would become alive with thought as time when on?I like it?neat thought.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs