The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Business & Money:
Jobs & Careers

CV Piss taking in a Recruiter magazine...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#17New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:29:10
@plebian_angel Said
Your CVs sound interesting. We don't add anything to do with marital status or kids (in fact it's against the law to ask a potential employee those questions) and we dont' put hobbies on our resumes either. They may come up in interviews though.

Weird... it is pretty standard here in Aus to list things like hobbies - I guess employers want to know that you have a life outside of work... I guess... marital status is generally on them as well, although it is optional.
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#18New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:34:10
@bob_the_fisherman Said
Weird... it is pretty standard here in Aus to list things like hobbies - I guess employers want to know that you have a life outside of work... I guess... marital status is generally on them as well, although it is optional.

Thats right, people put there kids on them too, and there names.. plus i have read CVs with Pets and pet names on there tooo... and also there latest holidays... one CV had vital statistics on there!?
gatechsteph On December 21, 2008

Stockbridge, Georgia
#19New Post! Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:45:36
@markfox01 Said
Thats right, people put there kids on them too, and there names.. plus i have read CVs with Pets and pet names on there tooo... and also there latest holidays... one CV had vital statistics on there!?

Yea the US has way too many rules about what we can ask and not ask. We have a whole pamphlet of questions we are not allowed to ask at my place of employment.
cherigrover On July 14, 2009

, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Aug 22, 2008 @ 13:31:21
I don't think its nice taking the pee out of everyone just to make sales for their magazine. but some jobsworth has to make his day more interesting i suppose?

Cheri
sroyston21 On September 05, 2008

Brighton, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Sep 05, 2008 @ 21:59:04
I am a recruitment consultant - and I think the out take from this person's CV is....well boring.....just like my CV that says gardening and going out with friends. So why the hell it merits highlighting is beyond me.

There is nothing funny or outrageous about what this person has written - it just tells us what interests they have. Maybe I have had a sense of humour failure, but I agree with you - what is amusing about that?!??!?!
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#23New Post! Sep 06, 2008 @ 15:37:50
@sroyston21 Said
I am a recruitment consultant - and I think the out take from this person's CV is....well boring.....just like my CV that says gardening and going out with friends. So why the hell it merits highlighting is beyond me.

There is nothing funny or outrageous about what this person has written - it just tells us what interests they have. Maybe I have had a sense of humour failure, but I agree with you - what is amusing about that?!??!?!

cheers mate.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#24New Post! Jan 31, 2018 @ 03:59:05
If they bring a hobby up on your interview I guess it proves that they did actually read it but generally its not relative to the job!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs