The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Parenting

ok, do you think this is petty , i did it anyway!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
JOANY On March 07, 2010

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 01, 2009 @ 23:35:30
My sons father pays ?80 per month for his son.

I worked out ?20 per week what we actually agreed is 87 pound per month, so this is what i did

Isent him msg through fb because he has been away with his gfriend in Amsterdam and has yet again missed out on seeing his son, again!
So i just asked him if from the 1st of jan could he pay 87 instaed of 80 per month, its 7 quid to me its only fair as he doesnt ever but him anything besides, does any one think im right or being picky?
kangthemad On April 25, 2013
TFS Man of Mystery

#2New Post! Dec 01, 2009 @ 23:42:17
ummm...what?
roBingoodfElLOW On January 06, 2010
Baldylocks

Deleted

Over yonder, Tajikistan
#3New Post! Dec 01, 2009 @ 23:55:13
If you want an extra 4 pound a year thats up to you
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 00:05:29
"7 quid is all she asks for but everybody has got their vice!"

I'd ask yourself 'who's hurting more right now? Me or my ex?' If the answer is you, then 7 quid could mean alot, if the answer is him, then show some mercy.
Krby On December 23, 2009

USA, Pennsylvania
#5New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 00:47:17
What does money have to do with not seeing your son? I just don't know how you can justify wanting more money just because he missed seeing his son. You should be more worried about the emotional part of not seeing his dad and bug him more about seeing him more.

It just kind of sounds like you are saying "you don't have to pay me if you see your son but if you miss a visit it will cost ya 7 quid"
JOANY On March 07, 2010

#6New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 00:49:59
its not ?4 a year its ?80 and he hasnt even seen him for 2 weeks his choice,and never buy him anything, im nothurting im just a perfectionist and ?20 a month id ?87 a month
JOANY On March 07, 2010

#7New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 00:53:32
@Krby Said

What does money have to do with not seeing your son? I just don't know how you can justify wanting more money just because he missed seeing his son. You should be more worried about the emotional part of not seeing his dad and bug him more about seeing him more.

It just kind of sounds like you are saying "you don't have to pay me if you see your son but if you miss a visit it will cost ya 7 quid"

its not about the money but when hes just spent a long wkend in amsterdam and not seen his son, i just hate that he doesnt even see him for 2 wks doesnt even tex to ask how he is, i dont feel like i owe him any favours. To be truthful if he spend more time with his son that wud be gud enough for me
Krby On December 23, 2009

USA, Pennsylvania
#8New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 00:56:50
@JOANY Said

its not about the money but when hes just spent a long wkend in amsterdam and not seen his son, i just hate that he doesnt even see him for 2 wks doesnt even tex to ask how he is, i dont feel like i owe him any favours. To be truthful if he spend more time with his son that wud be gud enough for me

I can't stand fathers like that. I'm sure you are a good mother and hopefully some day he will see what he is missing in your son's life
kaydoh On December 19, 2011

nottingham, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 01:46:38
I think you have to weigh up the situation rationally. Would demanding the extra ?7 a week put more strain on your relationship.. how will that affect your son. I know as well as anyone how every penny can count when you are in dire straights but if you can afford to live without it then I suggest it's more hassle than it's worth.

As for his trip away, well if he's earning his cash then I guess you just have to suck it up. He obviously does care about his son otherwise he wouldn't ever visit, and I'm guessing he does on a regular basis, also he is paying his maintenance. It must be frustrating for him to not to have regular access and he can't not ever go on holiday just because he might miss one visit. That's unrealistic and a tad unfair I think
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#10New Post! Dec 02, 2009 @ 02:29:14
@JOANY Said

My sons father pays ?80 per month for his son.

I worked out ?20 per week what we actually agreed is 87 pound per month, so this is what i did

I sent him msg through fb because he has been away with his gfriend in Amsterdam and has yet again missed out on seeing his son, again!
So I just asked him if from the 1st of jan could he pay 87 instead of 80 per month, its 7 quid to me its only fair as he doesn't ever but him anything besides, does any one think I'm right or being picky?

Well, if you agreed to ?20 per week that works out to ?86.6666666 per month anyway. Who would give a rat's a** about ?.23333333 when it comes to taking care of a child anyway? Isn't that like pinching pennies? Sheesh!

J.R.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#11New Post! Dec 03, 2009 @ 02:05:40
That amount should be per week and not month. Dear God, 80 pound a month is not enough to help raise a child.
Marcussextus On November 25, 2014

Adelaide, Australia
#12New Post! Dec 03, 2009 @ 06:37:32
Joany, don't worry, I think I get what you're asking, and why.
I was a single parent of three, and the ex' walked away from us all, no support, not even christmas or b'day cards. She was a wealthy accountant, and technically "owned and earnt" nothing, lol.
You are being entirely sensible, that little bit adds up, and will make a difference on a regular basis. An agreement is an agreement, though it sounds to me like it might be a good time to re-negotiate the amount, it ain't getting any cheaper, and kids are like cars, the bigger they are, the more they cost to run and maintain!
In the process you will be reminding him that he has obligations, life-long ones, and financial is only a small part of it.
I agree with DS, that sounds like a pittance, you should go for more!
Good Luck!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs