This was a headline in my local paper

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#1New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:26:43
OMG! I got the local paper today and I was in a rush when I first got the paper so I just kind of looked at the headlines.

Resident reports he was struck with apple when returning from church

OMG talk about your strange news headlines. It appears that There was a teen sitting in a tree and he threw and apple at the guy and hit him in the back. The man called the officers to come out and investigate and said he saw the teen jump out of the tree and run off. While the officers were there they heard gun shots , so they went to check it out . They found two teens 17 years old both with firearms. The teens said they were just shooting up in the air to run off some dogs because they were chasing the horses. One of the kids admitted to hitting the man with the apple.

Both teens were released to their parents . Ok but nothing was done about the juviniles having guns WTF???? They investigae a man being hit by and apple but let the kids just go on their merry way after the officers themselves hear them shooting and see them with the guns. This happened in the next county over not the one my brother is the sheriff in but I am just appalled.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#2New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:30:05
@wildchild Said

The apple must not have wanted him to go to church
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#3New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:33:00
@wildchild Said
OMG! I got the local paper today and I was in a rush when I first got the paper so I just kind of looked at the headlines.

OMG talk about your strange news headlines. It appears that There was a teen sitting in a tree and he threw and apple at the guy and hit him in the back. The man called the officers to come out and investigate and said he saw the teen jump out of the tree and run off. While the officers were there they heard gun shots , so they went to check it out . They found two teens 17 years old both with firearms. The teens said they were just shooting up in the air to run off some dogs because they were chasing the horses. One of the kids admitted to hitting the man with the apple.

Both teens were released to their parents . Ok but nothing was done about the juviniles having guns WTF???? They investigae a man being hit by and apple but let the kids just go on their merry way after the officers themselves hear them shooting and see them with the guns. This happened in the next county over not the one my brother is the sheriff in but I am just appalled.

Wow! I have to say that headline cracked me up! The rest...just WOW!
Perv Magnet

#4New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:39:08
Yeah I laughed at first when I read the headline but then after that I just kind of thought WTF?
cat_eyes On October 08, 2008

Deleted

eye of the tiger U.S.A., Unit
#5New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:39:58
@wildchild Said

Unbelievable.
Especially since what goes up, must come down, and someone could have been seriously hurt, or killed even.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:41:32
@wildchild Said
Both teens were released to their parents . Ok but nothing was done about the juviniles having guns WTF???? They investigae a man being hit by and apple but let the kids just go on their merry way after the officers themselves hear them shooting and see them with the guns.

Presumably they were released to their parents, without the guns, pending charges.
Perv Magnet

#7New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:50:22
@jonnythan Said
Presumably they were released to their parents, without the guns, pending charges.

You could be right but I doubt it though. I highly doubth the guns were conviscated but I can find out. Most of the time it is printed here when the guns are conviscated.

I hate to disagree with ya Jon but I still live in the country and you can still buy guns any given Friday, Saturday or Sunday at a flea market. People don't lose thier guns for shooting if it's not in the city limits. Mostly farmers live around here and the f***ed up system here is still on the side of the hunter .

Dove season opens at noon On Monday and I'll have to keep my horses in because of all the shooting. Most of the shooters won't even be licensed.
simplydreadful On October 08, 2008

#8New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:52:12
Oh, come on you big teaser.
You probably keep 15 or 20 shot guns in your closet.
You can't fool me.

Perv Magnet

#9New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:55:19
@simplydreadful Said
Oh, come on you big teaser.
You probably keep 15 or 20 shot guns in your closet.
You can't fool me.

Did I say I don't have guns? I don't go shooting up in the air at dogs though. I have a air horn I use when I need to scare something. I do have a few guns , they belonged to my grandfather and they are very old . They are locked in a gun safe.

I just divorced a hard core gun collector and hunter so I do know a little about things in my surrounding area.

But yeah you see what I mean , if you're from this area , it is assumed you have a s*** load of guns.
perliaa On November 04, 2009

Upnorth, Canada
#10New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:55:55
@wingsy Said
The apple must not have wanted him to go to church

I laughed too at first but under age kids firering off guns no prob wow
Perv Magnet

#11New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 20:57:02
Oh and I never said anything about being Anti gun I just thought the guns should have been seized and most of the tme when they are it is included in these reports. Juviniles were the ones with the guns in this case.
simplydreadful On October 08, 2008

#12New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 21:07:48
Quote:
Did I say I don't have guns? I don't go shooting up in the air at dogs though. I have a air horn I use when I need to scare something. I do have a few guns , they belonged to my grandfather and they are very old . They are locked in a gun safe.

I just divorced a hard core gun collector and hunter so I do know a little about things in my surrounding area.

But yeah you see what I mean , if you're from this area , it is assumed you have a s*** load of guns.

Yeah, I was just joking.
Perv Magnet

#13New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 21:21:01
I know it's ok.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 21:25:24
This just proves what a constant danger fruit trees are to the general public. I am glad your "on the ball" local newspaper has highlighted this all too serious threat to our well being. When are the authorities going to do something about this? One can only assume they'll get their arses into gear when someone is seriously hurt by -for instance- a falling pear!
This state of affairs cannot be allowed to continue.

*ambles off back to his padded cell*
Perv Magnet

#15New Post! Aug 27, 2008 @ 21:52:50
I still wonder why the teen threw and apple to hit the guy in the back.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs