The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Random:
Holidays

Soooooo - what are you doing this Halloween?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#1New Post! Oct 29, 2016 @ 20:39:36
What are your plans for this Halloween?

And special 'Halloween' baking or decorating you do?

BTW - anyone know ....without looking!!.... the 'history' of Halloween?

Me - stay home and greet those coming to the door!
I 'may' decide to help out at church that night - for Night Light!!
lol --- then I'd get 'allll' the candy we bought for myself!!

**Anyone sharing a cool pic/avii (for snagging, of course) -- gets a kudo!!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#2New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 01:24:16
I'm a cheater .
I don't have to buy candy because no one drives a 30 mile round trip to trick r treat at one house , I don't have to dress up as any thing because no one is going to give a trick r trteating granma any candy no matter how good her costume is . But I get a bunch of candy any ways mostly chocolate because thats my favorite .

See back a few years ago when my grand kids were still young enough to have the wool pulled over their eyes , I convinced them that grand ma's got a potion of all the grand kids candy because they were grand ma's . so the day after trick r treating day , here comes my grand kids with a little ziplock baggie of grandma's candy . I love being my grand kid's grandma !!! [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tx/600x2500/i38/2/6/4/tfswhiteswan_6efb67d1b2f3737d54804764ee086c74.gif">
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#3New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 01:41:41
Nothing...

I've been really busy the past few weeks. I've been getting a ton of shifts for two different fancy clubs and any free time I do have has been used trying to unlock as much Halloween content as possible on Overwatch. I've got all 4 Legendary skins and most of the R.I.P poses. I mainly wanna get Winston's emote 'cause he makes a spider shadow puppet with his gorilla feets. I didn't see it at first until I rotated him, but I noticed the shadow right away. He even wiggles his toes so it looks like the spider's legs are moving. So kawaii!

I mainly want it so when other people are doing their 'sitting' emote, I can go up to them with Winston and stick my bare gorilla feet in their faces. Even in video games, I'm trying to get people to smell my feet.

Costume-wise, I've got nothing. There also seems to be a lot less kids coming by the co-op, so we usually just have a small bowl outside our door that says 'Take one,' but of course by the 6th or 7th kid, the bowl's pretty much empty.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#4New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 02:13:51
Wuz going to post a few images - for some reason it's not working for me tonight - so ..... recorder time with grandbaby instead.

Trying here again!
Tomorrow I'm making chocolate chip cookies in a mini-tart pan --
topped with a dollop of whipped cream --
add two mini choc chips for the eyes, and one reg choc chip for mouth!

edited - took away the image url, that did not work!
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#5New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 02:25:51
I get candy usually, too, and for some reason feel impelled (sp?) to tell the cashiers that 'it's' not for me -- of course nawt!!

I went for a year almost with only diet-approved chocolate.
Now I 'cheat' a lil bit. Fiber-one chocolate brownie bars are ggggrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaatttt, but 'real' chocolate is stiff competition.
Yum, yum or num, num, num. Take your pick!

@white_swan53 Said

I'm a cheater .
I don't have to buy candy because no one drives a 30 mile round trip to trick r treat at one house , I don't have to dress up as any thing because no one is going to give a trick r trteating granma any candy no matter how good her costume is . But I get a bunch of candy any ways mostly chocolate because thats my favorite .

See back a few years ago when my grand kids were still young enough to have the wool pulled over their eyes , I convinced them that grand ma's got a potion of all the grand kids candy because they were grand ma's . so the day after trick r treating day , here comes my grand kids with a little ziplock baggie of grandma's candy . I love being my grand kid's grandma !!! [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tx/600x2500/i38/2/6/4/tfswhiteswan_6efb67d1b2f3737d54804764ee086c74.gif">
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#6New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 02:30:31
I don't see how those 'take one' bowls can work very well.
Kids are gonna be kids!

Sounds like yer having great fun on Overwatch! Those emotes sound
very entertaining! Winston's emote doesn't have a chance -- I know you'll get him!!

@psycoskunk Said

Nothing...

I've been really busy the past few weeks. I've been getting a ton of shifts for two different fancy clubs and any free time I do have has been used trying to unlock as much Halloween content as possible on Overwatch. I've got all 4 Legendary skins and most of the R.I.P poses. I mainly wanna get Winston's emote 'cause he makes a spider shadow puppet with his gorilla feets. I didn't see it at first until I rotated him, but I noticed the shadow right away. He even wiggles his toes so it looks like the spider's legs are moving. So kawaii!

I mainly want it so when other people are doing their 'sitting' emote, I can go up to them with Winston and stick my bare gorilla feet in their faces. Even in video games, I'm trying to get people to smell my feet.

Costume-wise, I've got nothing. There also seems to be a lot less kids coming by the co-op, so we usually just have a small bowl outside our door that says 'Take one,' but of course by the 6th or 7th kid, the bowl's pretty much empty.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#7New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 02:32:04
@DuLu Said

Wuz going to post a few images - for some reason it's not working for me tonight - so ..... recorder time with grandbaby instead.

Trying here again!
Tomorrow I'm making chocolate chip cookies in a mini-tart pan --
topped with a dollop of whipped cream --
add two mini choc chips for the eyes, and one reg choc chip for mouth!

edited - took away the image url, that did not work!

Try to post it again, but check to see if there's an 's' that pops up in front of the 'http' part. If there is one, remove it and hit preview to see if it's fixed. It's been happening a lot lately.

As for those cookies, they sound delicious.

Might I suggest a few chocolate sprinkles to substitute the mouth? You could arrange them to look like skeleton teeth, or lay them end to end in a big smile. You'd only need a few on each one and then they'd all have a different personality.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 02:41:50
@DuLu Said

I get candy usually, too, and for some reason feel impelled (sp?) to tell the cashiers that 'it's' not for me -- of course nawt!!

I went for a year almost with only diet-approved chocolate.
Now I 'cheat' a lil bit. Fiber-one chocolate brownie bars are ggggrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaatttt, but 'real' chocolate is stiff competition.
Yum, yum or num, num, num. Take your pick!

I don't understand the diet stuff, I see all that diet stuff on the shelves when i'm shoping and never once ha any of it been the least bit interesting enough to try it. My father in law used that nasty sweet -n- low , I tried it once in my ice tea, bbaarrffoo ,,,
I read some where that the stuff they use in the diet sodas actully makes a person gain weight . My grand mother was border line diabetic and tried that sugarless candy , she tossed it in the can after just taste . what am i missing here, what is it with all the diet stuff ?
Funky-Footed Skunk

#9New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 02:43:55
@DuLu Said

I don't see how those 'take one' bowls can work very well.
Kids are gonna be kids!

Sounds like yer having great fun on Overwatch! Those emotes sound
very entertaining! Winston's emote doesn't have a chance -- I know you'll get him!!

It's a pretty fun game. When you level up, it'll give you a Loot Box that contains 4 different cosmetic items for any one of the 22 different playable characters. So the odds of getting a specific item for a specific character is kinda low, buuuut...

The Halloween event turned all the boxes into Halloween boxes, which guarantees you at least 1 Halloween-themed item. The most I've gotten was 2 in one box and the best I got was two legendary skins for the same character, one of them the Halloween-themed one. It was really awesome.

Here's a video of Winston doing his emote, except it's in front of a piano with some music added.

DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#10New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 03:01:21
Cool idea with the chocolate sprinkles! May try it, think I have some.
The recipe I looked at called for cool whip in the bowl.
I got whipped cream in the can - it doesn't seem to hold as well.
But I'm gonna try again tomorrow.

Next image I try, will remember about the extra 's'.

@psycoskunk Said

Try to post it again, but check to see if there's an 's' that pops up in front of the 'http' part. If there is one, remove it and hit preview to see if it's fixed. It's been happening a lot lately.

As for those cookies, they sound delicious.

Might I suggest a few chocolate sprinkles to substitute the mouth? You could arrange them to look like skeleton teeth, or lay them end to end in a big smile. You'd only need a few on each one and then they'd all have a different personality.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 03:09:44
tomorrow's at midnight, " Halloween's eve ", my annually " face-lift " for 24 hour.

at midnight, I have my crowbar and with my crowbar, rip off my mask.

my mask, you see one of most handsome man, you ever seen, women! ( twilite, you handsome!! :lmao seen me in person, you never meet me. ( twilite, damn, you ugly! )

anyway, I take off my mask, I stay in my apartment all on Halloween. I let my real face breathe out. I get a bad huge pimples on my nose, if I don't this every year. it bad enough for a big wart on my forehead, and a wart on my nose! please!

then at midnight on Monday's night, I have sterile my mask in with a.d. ointment since sunday. ad help my face stay smooth and less oil. damn, I just realize that ad can give me pimples.

I called my doctor tell him that a huge pimple from ad, I used on my a** to keep nice and beauty. my doctor though the pimple was a brain tumor, that I had from birth.

I won't need brain surgery after all.

I heard about Donald trump's two a*****es operation.

the a*****e alive!

sorry, nine o'clock on Monday night, I put in my mask super glue that take about three hours to harden.

I let the mask breathe and mask sure that I don't want air bubbles in my mask, because I can't blow bubbles in my mask. ( twilite, you dummy, that chewing bubble gum. ) anyway, around 11 o'clock on Monday night, I put on my mask, and take an hour for the super glue to dry.

by Tuesday morning, I ready spend another year, look better than brad pitt. ( twilite, you are killing me, you look better than pitt, twilite, you are killing me!! )
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#12New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 03:12:17
That is true.
Diet soda makes me more hyper and sick even, then regular soda.
But diet soda and caffeine-free soda has NO calories!!

It's not for everybody, but DH and I went on a diet more then
a year ago and it's working for us. For now. We've both lost, look better, feel better, and he's even going to work out 3-4 times a week.
All about portion control, and ---- well, never mind.

We were quite happy with ourselves and our lifestyle 'before' also.

@white_swan53 Said

I don't understand the diet stuff, I see all that diet stuff on the shelves when i'm shoping and never once ha any of it been the least bit interesting enough to try it. My father in law used that nasty sweet -n- low , I tried it once in my ice tea, bbaarrffoo ,,,
I read some where that the stuff they use in the diet sodas actully makes a person gain weight . My grand mother was border line diabetic and tried that sugarless candy , she tossed it in the can after just taste . what am i missing here, what is it with all the diet stuff ?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#13New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 03:22:22
Warts!?? Have you been kissing a frog?

Careful of the glue, next time the mask may not come off at all!!

@twilitezone911 Said

tomorrow's at midnight, " Halloween's eve ", my annually " face-lift " for 24 hour.

at midnight, I have my crowbar and with my crowbar, rip off my mask.

my mask, you see one of most handsome man, you ever seen, women! ( twilite, you handsome!! :lmao seen me in person, you never meet me. ( twilite, damn, you ugly! )

anyway, I take off my mask, I stay in my apartment all on Halloween. I let my real face breathe out. I get a bad huge pimples on my nose, if I don't this every year. it bad enough for a big wart on my forehead, and a wart on my nose! please!

then at midnight on Monday's night, I have sterile my mask in with a.d. ointment since sunday. ad help my face stay smooth and less oil. damn, I just realize that ad can give me pimples.

I called my doctor tell him that a huge pimple from ad, I used on my a** to keep nice and beauty. my doctor though the pimple was a brain tumor, that I had from birth.

I won't need brain surgery after all.

I heard about Donald trump's two a*****es operation.

the a*****e alive!

sorry, nine o'clock on Monday night, I put in my mask super glue that take about three hours to harden.

I let the mask breathe and mask sure that I don't want air bubbles in my mask, because I can't blow bubbles in my mask. ( twilite, you dummy, that chewing bubble gum. ) anyway, around 11 o'clock on Monday night, I put on my mask, and take an hour for the super glue to dry.

by Tuesday morning, I ready spend another year, look better than brad pitt. ( twilite, you are killing me, you look better than pitt, twilite, you are killing me!! )
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 03:26:19
@DuLu Said

Warts!?? Have you been kissing a frog?

Careful of the glue, next time the mask may not come off at all!!

what do think I use the crowbar for?

n/a, New Mexico
#15New Post! Oct 30, 2016 @ 03:27:01
@DuLu Said

That is true.
Diet soda makes me more hyper and sick even, then regular soda.
But diet soda and caffeine-free soda has NO calories!!

It's not for everybody, but DH and I went on a diet more then
a year ago and it's working for us. For now. We've both lost, look better, feel better, and he's even going to work out 3-4 times a week.
All about portion control, and ---- well, never mind.

We were quite happy with ourselves and our lifestyle 'before' also.

I get dieting , eating smaller portions, less sweets , excerisering more ect...
It's the diet food and drinks I don't get .
When I need or want to fit into a size or two smaller pants I cut back on the junk food both sweet and salty stuff, instead of a candy bar i choose a piece of fruit or a vegtable . I use 80/2o ground beef instead of the 60/40 , I roast or bake my food instead of frying it ect...

It seems that switching from a hersey's bar to a surgar free ,fat free brownie allowsa person to 'lie or trick themselves . If what a person needs to do is eat less calories then eat less . instead of a whole hersey's bar eat a half of one or a forth of one and so on and so forth. or am i the one out of touch ?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs