Saint Row

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Dawn_Key On January 07, 2010

Deleted
Banned

#1New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 18:51:42
Anyone heard of it ...it's a computer game that you buy on a disc and take home with you and download it onto your PC {yup ...not Xbox or anything consoley...but your good old fashioned PC} ....
...The trouble with this one is that you can't play the game content unless you sign up for an online gameing company called "Steam" and effectively everytime you want to access the game material that you THINK is "in" your comp you, in actual fact are going online to play this game ...this results in some really diabolical response controller wise as it was originally set up as a console game for Xbox ...
...has anyone any experience of playing this game on a PC that may know how to iron out the probs that I am experiencing...
.. needless to say that "Steam" do not have any means of directly addressing this problem thanks to a loophole 8)
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 18:52:32
Well, what problem are you ahving?
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

Central Scotland, United Kingd
#3New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 18:55:16
Your not actually "going online" when you play the game, Steam only acts as a content delivery system, steam downloads the games files onto your computer, after which you don't even need access to the internet, as long as the game is completely downloaded and its up to date.

The only time you would be playing "online" is if you had an online game, such as "world of warcraft" (not that steam has wow, its just an example)

Think of steam as "itunes" for games. (which is probably a bad analogy)

Deleted
Banned

#4New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:03:10
@jonnythan Said

Well, what problem are you ahving?

Really chocky gameplay...like the icon characters movements are controlled by the mouse and despite a variety of mouse sensitivety settings it remains extactly the same.i.e when the mouse moves the icon character/pov will move half a second later
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

#5New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:05:25
Sounds like possibly the game requirements exceed your computers hardware.

Did you make sure that your comp has the right hardware for to run it?
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#6New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:05:43
Sounds like your computer is too slow. Try turning down the resolution/detail options.

Deleted
Banned

#7New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:10:17
@Pete Said

Your not actually "going online" when you play the game, Steam only acts as a content delivery system, steam downloads the games files onto your computer, after which you don't even need access to the internet, as long as the game is completely downloaded and its up to date.

The only time you would be playing "online" is if you had an online game, such as "world of warcraft"

Think of steam as "itunes" for games. (which is probably a bad analogy)

I know Pete...but when you download the game SR you are accepting a license agreement from THQ...and then another license agreement pops up from Steam...no problem there methinks...needless to say if you don't accept the Steam license then you cannot download the disc content.
I know for a fact that I am going online everytime I activate this game because my bandwith indicator tells me...even after I have shut down all possible routes {except from the router itself} such as IM apps and so fourth

Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

#8New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:12:05
@derekdg Said

I know Pete...but when you download the game SR you are accepting a license agreement from THQ...and then another license agreement pops up from Steam...no problem there methinks...needless to say if you don't accept the Steam license then you cannot download the disc content.
I know for a fact that I am going online everytime I activate this game because my bandwith indicator tells me...even after I have shut down all possible routes {except from the router itself} such as IM apps and so fourth

I believe thats only to check to see if the copy of the game has a valid license, and isn't pirated.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:12:27
Steam has nothing to do with your problem.
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

#10New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:14:27
What is the specs of your computer?

Deleted
Banned

#11New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:14:57
@Pete Said

Sounds like possibly the game requirements exceed your computers hardware.

Did you make sure that your comp has the right hardware for to run it?

Yep P, absolutely...it is the first thing that I do unless I KNOW that the game should run...I even tried giving it a little more running space by deleting some of the onboard content to free up some disc and RAM space ..as for CPU ...Intel dual core

...I still don't know whats going wrong
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#12New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:15:33
Video card is much more important than CPU.

Do you know what kind of video card you have?
Pete On March 28, 2012
Master of Unlocking

#13New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:17:15
@jonnythan Said

Video card is much more important than CPU.

Do you know what kind of video card you have?

Indeed.

And anyway simply stating "intel duel core" doesn't really tell us much, except that its a duel core processor made by intel.
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#14New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:18:54
@Pete Said

Indeed.

And anyway simply stating "intel duel core" doesn't really tell us much, except that its a duel core processor made by intel.

Well, realistically any dual core Intel CPU is probably going to be more or less sufficient given a decent video card. Except if it's maybe a Pentium D or something, which I suppose is possible.

Deleted
Banned

#15New Post! Oct 15, 2009 @ 19:19:53
@Pete Said

What is the specs of your computer?

4 GB RAM

Pentium{R}4 CPU 3.20GHz

ATI X1600
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)