Relationships

Older unhappily married women had affair with younger guy

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
marisa2659 On November 06, 2008

bridgewater,
#1New Post! Oct 28, 2008 @ 20:27:15
HI everyone,

I while ago asked for your opinion about me going out with a younger guy I had met and wanted to go out with me regardless of the fact that Im married and 11 years older. Some of you told me to go for it, and I did. We had a wonderful time together from drinks to sex. From the moment we met he asked if it was going to be just one time or an ongoing thing like he really wanted it to continue. He was very sweet and made it obvious (mentioning several times and even planning our next date)that he wanted to see me again even though he thought i will not remember him next day.I did not believe him and did not expect to hear from him again. However, next day he sent me a text to let me know he was still thinking of me. I reply by saying "hi sweet boy ... you remember me! because of our prior conversation. I didn't hear from him again for three days when he finally sent me a very cold text saying Whats up. I repply back and have not heard from him again. What the hell is going on? How does a guy act so interested after the first date and then stops? Did I insult him calling him sweet boy. Help me understand cause I am out of touch.
jassisgirl On November 20, 2008

Whakatane, New Zealand
#2New Post! Oct 28, 2008 @ 22:08:25
Relationships are complicated ..... dont you wish that you could just read your partners mind so you knew exactly what theyre thinking , because they never tell you how they truely feel usually to protect you.

1, I think that text messages are bad.... and they can be misinterpreted to however you are feeling at the time .... ( you cant hear his tone of voice !!!) so you can assume that if hes been quite cold lately that the message tone is cold which may be untrue.

2, why did you say boy??? there is already an issue about your guys age difference , I just think that, that could come across as quite disrespecrful to a man.
Thats like my partner saying to me "hey sweet big bum", Ok I do have a big bum and I know he likes it like that but actually I dont like having a big bum Id rather have a normal one

see what I mean

bridgewater,
#3New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 02:15:12
I agree I think thats where I went wrong Jassisgirls. Any ideas on how to fix it.
JumpinJakeFlash On October 29, 2008

Sherwood park, Canada
#4New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 02:45:02
I will agree, Texting and MSN is a HORRIBLE way to communicate when it comes to relationships, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! You must also clarify to the young guy what kind of relationship you want, because as much as you want him too, he can't read your mind, and is probably as confused as you are.
QueensLyricist On November 26, 2008

Deleted

Jamaica Queens, New York
#5New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 02:54:35
Honestly, in my opinon being a young guy and having friends who do this all the time (not me, ive been in a strong happy relationship for 1 yr and 9 months) you were just a good bootycall. He didn't really want nothing more from you like a serious relationship.

There are alternatives though, maybe when he replied to you, he was somewhere where he couldnt be on the phone, so he sent you something quick so at least you didnt think he was ignoring you and maybe now hes busy. Who knows... stay persistent and dont come to conclusions.

not gonna side with you just for the fact ur unfaithful and the decision u made was wrong but hey its ur decision and in the end its all about being happy so best of luck to you..
abzenze On March 21, 2011

unknown, Australia
#6New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 03:07:33
your married...

i reckon he realized your married and nothing would come off it.. most boys have commitment issues ..

he prob got caught up in the moment...
WildChild On February 16, 2013
Perv Magnet

Southern Middle, Tennessee
#7New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 03:17:15
The sweet boy comment would not have went over well with most men I know . A lot of men see that as an insult to their manhood. However I think there is much more to it than that.
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#8New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 09:17:03
@marisa2659 Said

I agree I think thats where I went wrong Jassisgirls. Any ideas on how to fix it.

How to fix it? What is there to fix? It's not a relationship - you cant have 2 relationships at once.

You don't have sex with another person whilst being married. If you are unhappily married than fix that situation first before becoming intimate with another person.

Perhaps he realised that sharing a person would be harder than he originally thought?

Or maybe he met a woman his own age?

Either way - as already stated - communication through non verbal means will probably ruin whatever it is thats going on.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#9New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 09:23:37
@marisa2659 Said

HI everyone,

I while ago asked for your opinion about me going out with a younger guy I had met and wanted to go out with me regardless of the fact that Im married and 11 years older. Some of you told me to go for it, and I did. We had a wonderful time together from drinks to sex. From the moment we met he asked if it was going to be just one time or an ongoing thing like he really wanted it to continue. He was very sweet and made it obvious (mentioning several times and even planning our next date)that he wanted to see me again even though he thought i will not remember him next day.I did not believe him and did not expect to hear from him again. However, next day he sent me a text to let me know he was still thinking of me. I reply by saying "hi sweet boy ... you remember me! because of our prior conversation. I didn't hear from him again for three days when he finally sent me a very cold text saying Whats up. I repply back and have not heard from him again. What the hell is going on? How does a guy act so interested after the first date and then stops? Did I insult him calling him sweet boy. Help me understand cause I am out of touch.

Hi there. No, you are not out of touch, perhaps just not practiced in the art of infidelity, which is not a bad thing.
Look, let's face it - he knows you're married. You have to allow that maybe he really likes you, but just can't face the fact that you go home to someone else.
No, you didn't insult him in any way. It sounds like a lot was said in terms of looking to another date, but given your personal circumstances, you'll have to forgive him if he now has cold feet. As far as he is concerned , you are sleeping with 2 guys - no matter what you told him. His ego just may not be able to handle that - and to be honest (forgive me) I don't blame him. Dating married people is a surefire way to sorrow - and most people know this.
I don't know what you feel for this guy - would you be prepared to leave your husband for him? You don't have to answer that, it's a question for you to just think about. But if the answer is no, you have no right to expect anything from him. Sorry, but it's only fair.
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#10New Post! Oct 29, 2008 @ 09:25:25
@sunandsurf13 Said

Hi there. No, you are not out of touch, perhaps just not practiced in the art of infidelity, which is not a bad thing.
Look, let's face it - he knows you're married. You have to allow that maybe he really likes you, but just can't face the fact that you go home to someone else.
No, you didn't insult him in any way. It sounds like a lot was said in terms of looking to another date, but given your personal circumstances, you'll have to forgive him if he now has cold feet. As far as he is concerned , you are sleeping with 2 guys - no matter what you told him. His ego just may not be able to handle that - and to be honest (forgive me) I don't blame him. Dating married people is a surefire way to sorrow.

I could not have said it better myself - kudos
silverhorseusa On December 01, 2012

Lubbock, Texas
#11New Post! Nov 01, 2008 @ 04:04:51
@sunandsurf13 Said

No, you didn't insult him in any way. It sounds like a lot was said in terms of looking to another date, but given your personal circumstances, you'll have to forgive him if he now has cold feet. As far as he is concerned , you are sleeping with 2 guys - no matter what you told him. His ego just may not be able to handle that - and to be honest (forgive me) I don't blame him. Dating married people is a surefire way to sorrow - and most people know this.
I don't know what you feel for this guy - would you be prepared to leave your husband for him? You don't have to answer that, it's a question for you to just think about. But if the answer is no, you have no right to expect anything from him. Sorry, but it's only fair.

I TOO have to agree here with this also.....
Kudos to you!!

bridgewater,
#13New Post! Nov 02, 2008 @ 19:03:59
You are kind of right Krazybones, but why did he contacted me after? He did not have to do that either.
stan764 On December 16, 2008

morristown, New Jersey
#15New Post! Nov 09, 2008 @ 03:31:32
Hi Marisa:

Come on let us face it. He was a boy toy and you probably looked at him that way. If you were expecting more from him than sex, you were setting up yourself for disappointment. Guys scan for unhappily married women or women on a rebound becasue they are most likely to give out sex in exchange for some sympathy.

My advice would be to go back and work out your difficulties in your marriage (if possible) than to get into this dating with sharks. Especially if children are involved, you should give your marriage another chance.

If your attempts fail, there are plenty of boy toys to play with.

Stan764
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs