Night terror?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#1New Post! Oct 13, 2014 @ 14:54:35
night terror

NOUN [PSYCHIATRY.]

1. a sudden feeling of extreme fear that awakens a sleeping person, usually during slow-wave sleep, and is not associated with a dream or nightmare.

I've been getting them a lot lately, usually, I'm falling onto the end table at my late Grand mother's home/my current home. It's really weird because I dream of it when I'm sleeping in her old bedroom or my patents house (in other words I'm sleeping nowhere near the night table). Not sure why I'm posting this, guess I want to know if any one else has them.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Oct 14, 2014 @ 10:04:59
@HiImDan Said

night terror

NOUN [PSYCHIATRY.]

1. a sudden feeling of extreme fear that awakens a sleeping person, usually during slow-wave sleep, and is not associated with a dream or nightmare.

I've been getting them a lot lately, usually, I'm falling onto the end table at my late Grand mother's home/my current home. It's really weird because I dream of it when I'm sleeping in her old bedroom or my patents house (in other words I'm sleeping nowhere near the night table). Not sure why I'm posting this, guess I want to know if any one else has them.

Those would be reoccurring nightmares.

The Night Terror usually feels like you have tripped and fell but there is no visual/audio with it.

I've come to realize when our mind does that it's because something is going wrong with the body in our sleep that we need to wake up to correct.

If you try and remember a lot of your nightmares will involve you looking for a public toilet.

Also, if the ol' noodle is going through some heavy defragmentation (or whatever) and you're trying desperately to get out of bed the mind will keep giving illusional dreams like you did get out of bed while it continues doing whatever repair it's doing.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs