The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Family

Mom, Dad, Mum, Pops, Father, Mother, Papa ect...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Do you want to be or are you called Mom/Dad-ect?
Yes.
No.
View Results
Stigma On February 13, 2010
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#1New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:07:55
I was thinking today, if I ever decided to spawn I don't really see a purpose in having the child grow up to call me Mom, or anything of the sort.

To what purpose would it serve? I don't see it as special, seeing as all Moms are referred to as Mom, Mum, Mother... ect. That would be the same as constantly referring to your child as "son" or "daughter". We have names, why does having a family seem to cancel this out?

So why exactly do you TFSers out there with children bring them up to refer to you as mother and Father?

And for those of you who don't, why?

Just curious I guess.
Falsifying On December 19, 2013
Google is watching.

Austin, Texas
#2New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:12:03
We are not the only animal who calls their mom, well, mom.
Plus I like the name. It's only 3 letters.
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#3New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:12:54
@Falsifying Said

We are not the only animal who calls their mom, well, mom.
Plus I like the name. It's only 3 letters.

No lazy arses allowed in my thread. Get out.
Google is watching.

Austin, Texas
#4New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:14:28
@Stigma Said

No lazy arses allowed in my thread. Get out.

It's cold outside.
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#5New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:15:07
@Falsifying Said

It's cold outside.

*Hand ear muffs and scarf*
Google is watching.

Austin, Texas
#6New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:18:02
@Stigma Said

*Hand ear muffs and scarf*

Thanks.
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#7New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:20:26
Booo! No one is answering my thread.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#8New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:44:38
Stigma,what you say is right,we all have names and most little kids do go through a stage where they call their parents by first name,now that sounds all very cute,but you expect,well maybe hope,they'll show you some respect as they get a little Older,so we expect to be called Mum and Dad,whether the child likes it or not that's who we are to them and nothing will change it.

I'm 58,my Father is 86 and my Mother is 83 and to this day they still have my respect,two of my grandkids just walk past me and say nothing,I can handle that,because one day the little s***s will want something from me,and guess who will just get up and walk away,laugh and say f*** off.

It appears to me that Family values in some cases have been eroded,with a lot of things today,but once you stop calling your parents Mum and Dad,I think that's about ends it for you,well that's only my opinion.
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#9New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:52:25
@rider Said

Stigma,what you say is right,we all have names and most little kids do go through a stage where they call their parents by first name,now that sounds all very cute,but you expect,well maybe hope,they'll show you some respect as they get a little Older,so we expect to be called Mum and Dad,whether the child likes it or not that's who we are to them and nothing will change it.

I'm 58,my Father is 86 and my Mother is 83 and to this day they still have my respect,two of my grandkids just walk past me and say nothing,I can handle that,because one day the little s***s will want something from me,and guess who will just get up and walk away,laugh and say f*** off.

It appears to me that Family values in some cases have been eroded,with a lot of things today,but once you stop calling your parents Mum and Dad,I think that's about ends it for you,well that's only my opinion.

Interesting. Well, I call my parents Mum and Pops... because they ask me to, but I think I would like my children if I have them to call me Sara, and if I bring them up right, I think they will have respect for me, no matter what I want them to call me Mom/Sara, whatever.

Where I do see what you are saying, I do not think that is necessary for respect.
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#10New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:56:19
@Stigma Said

Interesting. Well, I call my parents Mum and Pops... because they ask me to, but I think I would like my children if I have them to call me Sara, and if I bring them up right, I think they will have respect for me, no matter what I want them to call me Mom/Sara, whatever.

Where I do see what you are saying, I do not think that is necessary for respect.

Each to their own then
zombie vomit

Deleted

, New Hampshire
#11New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 05:57:30
@rider Said

Each to their own then

NO! Not each to their own! You may NOT have an opinion.

Coarse silly!
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#12New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 06:10:44
My kids are gonna call me Daddy....either that or Dummy Poopface.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 08:28:08
To be honest, I've never really thought about calling my mum and dad by their names, it's just traditional to call them mum and dad.

I'd want to be called mum I think.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#14New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 13:02:51
Its a sign of respect. There are different variations of the word mother that can be spoken (at least in my Indian language) that show respect. As the mom gets older..we usually change the regular mummy that we refer to when we are young to Matha or mathagi to show a higher level of respect.

IDK

Plus it holds a lot of weight. I understand where you are coming from in the sense that all moms are referred to as mom. But if i was to introduce my mom by her name and not mention that she is my mom...she would be just another person, people wont see that this is the lady that raised me and gave me all the qualities I have now. But by introducing her as "my mom" people's attitude changes if you look closely. There have been plenty of times that when I introduce my mom, people are like "oh so this is your mother, I have been wanting to meet you" and so they regard her in different manner in respect to me.
acidron On November 26, 2011

a wee country town, Canada
#15New Post! Oct 10, 2009 @ 05:33:55
If I ever called an my parents by their first name...or any adult, I'd get a smuck
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs