The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Jesus admits he is not God. Do we need a new Bible?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
pharon85 On November 20, 2009

, Egypt
#31New Post! Dec 09, 2008 @ 11:20:12
Jesus neither say iam god nor son of god
so who was he
if he wasn't son of god or god so who is his father
and what is the different between him and adam
Adam was created with no father and mother
why he is not son of god , he is the first any way
which is hard to create one wit no father and mother or one with mother ???????
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#32New Post! Dec 10, 2008 @ 17:43:27
@pharon85 Said

Jesus neither say iam god nor son of god
so who was he
if he wasn't son of god or god so who is his father
and what is the different between him and adam
Adam was created with no father and mother
why he is not son of god , he is the first any way
which is hard to create one wit no father and mother or one with mother ???????

Adam and Eve are archetypes for all of us. They were never alive in a garden. Angels and demons talking snakes and 10 headed monsters and miracles and what not are myths. Artistic license if you will. Do not read the Bible literally or you will never get the messages within it's pages.

Regards
DL
allentx On June 11, 2009

Deleted

allen,
#33New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 17:33:50
@greatestiam Said

The Bible was a best guess for the time. A revision is well overdue. The Vatican is just too lazy or afraid to show what they have not learned in 2000 yrs.

Oh well.

Regards
DL

How do you keep revising something and call it the word of God?
allentx On June 11, 2009

Deleted

allen,
#34New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 17:39:39
A really big issue with Jesus as God or the son of God, is that I have found people worship Jesus and completely forget God, the Creator.

I have never quite understood the son of God or God in the form of Jesus to be very honest. I can't quite grasp that. What I can't understand is why would God come down in human form. To be human, automatically makes you prone to sin. Also, to be human, you have the cravings, wants and needs as a human would.

For one thing, I can't imagine God (may he forgive me for saying this) but....defecating. If you look at sons of God, well we all came from God, we can all be sons and daughters of God, but why is God's name forgotten among those who believe as Jesus as the Son of God? Other prophets are also sons of God, but they are not being worshipped (well Judah perhaps) the way Jesus is.... Can someone explain this please?
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#35New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 17:43:36
If you are goinmg to bring the Bible into the current mode of thinking...shouldn't Genesis start with something like...

And God made everything in 7days - days being an unspecified period of time for the purposes of narrative. And God said "It is Good" - or it is believed he said that, there were in fact no witnesses.
53RV8Nt On January 26, 2009

Blyth, Canada
#36New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 23:45:58
Jesus did, in fact, claim to be God/Son of God. Some examples are listed below:

-Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." John 8:58 (Jesus knew that the Jews would understand this as a clear reference to God in the burning bush, speaking to Moses).
-"I and My Father are one." (John 10:30)
-When Jesus heard that, He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it." (John 11:4)
-Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?" (John 14:9)
-Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered and said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 16:16-17)
-But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, "I put You under oath by the living Hod: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!" Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." (Matthew 26:63-64) (obviously, Jesus equated the phrase, "Son of Man", with "Son of God", with the former emphasizing the fact that Jesus was fully human, while also being fully God.)

Interpreting Jesus' response to the rich young ruler with the above verses, which clearly demonstrate that Jesus did claim to be God, it is reasonable to infer that the young ruler did not believe this, and Jesus, knowing this, therefore asked, Why do you call Me good, when only God is good.
As for the confusion about the Trinity, When the Bible says that there is only one God, the word "one" being used in these places is being used in the sense of "one cluster of grapes"; that is, there are multiple grapes, but only one cluster. So also God is one God in three Persons.
God is the Father of Jesus in that He is the source of Jesus, Jesus being His manifestation. You see, God, being omnipresent and eternal, cannot be detected locally or temporally in any way unless He has some way of manifesting Himself to us. Jesus (God Incarnate) is this manifestation. "Not only must the invisible and inaudible God be seen and heard objectively, however, He must also be experienced and understood subjectively. The life of the creation must be maintained in vital union with that of the Creator. The Spirit of God must move over the creation and must indwell it and empower it. The activity of the Spirit is distinct from that of the Son and from that of the Father, and yet is indissolubly one with both." (H.M. Morris, "Many Infallible Proofs" 115).
Jesus became human so that He could, being God Incarnate, live a perfect life and, being innocent, take the punishment we all deserve for our sins on our behalf, so that all who see Him (in faith) and come to Him, turning away from their sins, asking Him to pardon them from their sins, can be forgiven.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#37New Post! Dec 12, 2008 @ 00:55:21
@53RV8Nt Said

Interpreting Jesus' response to the rich young ruler with the above verses, which clearly demonstrate that Jesus did claim to be God, it is reasonable to infer that the young ruler did not believe this, and Jesus, knowing this, therefore asked, Why do you call Me good, when only God is good.

I disagree with this inference. Granted my inference is somewhat biased but no more than the inference that Jesus was making a sarcastic remark about the young rulers disbelief. Why would the young ruler call him good teacher if he had no reverence for Jesus and futher more was the young leader aware that Jesus claimed to be god?
Clarence On December 15, 2008

Deleted

Madison,
#38New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 09:51:27
If you notice when Jesus, was on the cross, he also siad while he was in pain waiting for God to ascend him. Jesus said .......Father Why Has Thou Foresaken Me .......

Deleted

Madison,
#39New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 09:58:02
@GreatestIam2 Said

Adam and Eve are archetypes for all of us. They were never alive in a garden. Angels and demons talking snakes and 10 headed monsters and miracles and what not are myths. Artistic license if you will. Do not read the Bible literally or you will never get the messages within it's pages.

Regards
DL

Where in the bible does it say that Adam and eve were never alive. Where in the bible did you get this info ? I want to see this for myself.

Deleted

Madison,
#40New Post! Dec 14, 2008 @ 10:01:31
Everyone has their own interpretation , of the bible, but to me as long as I live, on this world and the hereafter, Jesus, is God to me , and I will worship no other than him. If its in the bible , its all I need to know, and believe..........Good day.
hickskateboarder On December 15, 2008

Ligonier,
#41New Post! Dec 15, 2008 @ 03:21:59
Jesus did not say He is not
God, much the opposite.

the reason many of you have problems with some of the things that are brought up is that you don't know or don't understand the entire situation.

The Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. All three are God individually, yet make up the Godhead.

God the Son (Jesus) also has his deity and manhood. someone brought up a question about how God could die. Jesus did not die spiritually, that is, he did not cease to be as God, his body just died, but then was raised 3 days later.

Jesus did not denounce any belief in God or anything like that when he said "why hast thou forsaken me?" you need to understand, Jesus had a perfect relationship with God the Father. when he went on the cross, all of the sin of the entire world was placed upon his perfect person. God (refering to the Father here)hates sin, and cannot look on it, so he had to turn his back on Jesus, who immediately sensed this.

Jesus Christ was not created in his deity, He has always existed as God, only his body was created. God (any part of the Trinity) did not have any type of carnal knowledge of Mary. the pregnancy was induced by the Holy Spirit.

oh, and for you Roman Catholics, Mary was not sinless. she said she needed a Savior herself. read your Bible.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#42New Post! Dec 15, 2008 @ 06:06:18
@hickskateboarder Said

Jesus did not denounce any belief in God or anything like that when he said "why hast thou forsaken me?" you need to understand, Jesus had a perfect relationship with God the Father. when he went on the cross, all of the sin of the entire world was placed upon his perfect person. God (refering to the Father here)hates sin, and cannot look on it, so he had to turn his back on Jesus, who immediately sensed this.

Jesus asking why God had foresaken him is an indication that he believed in God. I think that the reason why he said that was he expected God to save him from the cross, and just before he died he realized that it wasnt going to happen. Earlier he had tried to avoid his crucifixion when he was in the court yard, as it states in Matt 26:39 "my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt". I think that Jesus was very much afraid as was indicated In Luke 22:44 "being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground".
Flamingcob On June 07, 2009

Banned

conifer, Colorado
#43New Post! Dec 15, 2008 @ 06:59:43
we really dont know the exact words the bible says unless we get a hebrew bible and read it out of there,so we just have to take what we are told ,and live in faith
Flamingcob On June 07, 2009

Banned

conifer, Colorado
#44New Post! Dec 15, 2008 @ 07:00:22
we really dont know the exact words the bible says unless we get a hebrew bible and read it out of there,so we just have to take what we do know ,and live in faith
Hiromi On April 04, 2009

Deleted

, Gaza Strip
#45New Post! Dec 15, 2008 @ 07:02:05
Doesn't matter...He is dead
Wake the fuk up
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs