Ida - fossil.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#1New Post! Jun 01, 2009 @ 19:12:44
Hey, don't know if anyone is incredibly interested, but the big furor over 'Ida', what the papers call the new 'missing link' has been frustrating me no end.
It's embarrassing and propagating misinformation and misunderstanding amongst the public.

This video deals with some of those issues and shows what 'Ida' actually is in terms of evolution.

KulliK357 On July 15, 2013
Sausage Snowman

Dingwall,Scotland, United King
#2New Post! Jun 01, 2009 @ 19:35:55
Interesting, i fell into the category of people who thought it was in fact the missing link as in, 100% proof that evolution is no longer just a theory
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3New Post! Jun 01, 2009 @ 19:47:04
ha ha ha not what I expected at all. Many times talked way over top of my head, but presentor had a good BS detector also. Wonder how many others will even take the time to check this out? Is it agains TOS to have lil bets going on with yourself or others - how many will view, and how many will respond -- of course, not dollars or anything exchanged for real, but just to see who gets closest, number wise. I mean, like, is or 'was' this a test or somethin'? Are you just throwin' it out, in case anyone is interested? Or is this really your forte'? Just wonderin'
'wazzup' with this. Guess the analysis is not necessary, but this is not what one sees normally posted. D' d' 'd 'ddats all folks.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#4New Post! Jun 01, 2009 @ 19:51:26
Alex, just re-looked at the OP. How has this been frustrating to you?
alexkidd On February 07, 2012
Captain Awesome!

Deleted

in a bog, Ireland
#5New Post! Jun 01, 2009 @ 19:57:07
@DuLu Said

Alex, just re-looked at the OP. How has this been frustrating to you?

I'm a bit of a science nerd, especially in term of evolution, it's absolutely fascinates me.
It's frustrating to see the news be so unknowledgeable on the subject, as well as seeing scientists contribute to public misunderstandings by not elaborating on what a 'missing link' is.

We needed this fossil to 'prove' evolution like i need to drop a ball one more time to prove gravity.
crazychica On March 13, 2011
A taste of insanity

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jun 01, 2009 @ 20:12:44
Youtube's moving really slowly but I got it eventually. Awesome post dude

And yay! The parrot lives!
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#7New Post! Jun 01, 2009 @ 20:30:41
@alexkidd Said

I'm a bit of a science nerd, especially in term of evolution, it's absolutely fascinates me.
It's frustrating to see the news be so unknowledgeable on the subject, as well as seeing scientists contribute to public misunderstandings by not elaborating on what a 'missing link' is.

We needed this fossil to 'prove' evolution like i need to drop a ball one more time to prove gravity.

okay, at least your post has brought this to the attention of others now, who may not be following this particular topic in the news.
Thanks for sharing. I agree, it was actually a good clip, not what the person expects.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs