Conditions & Diseases

Greasy hair

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
MirLou On November 18, 2013

Cork, Ireland
#1New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:46:29
Has anyone a cure for ...
Long hair that even if washed every other day, it still looks lifeless, greasy at roots and actually stinks.

Am getting really disappointed with so many shampoos that seem to only work for about 4 hours and then things begin to get bad again.
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#2New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:50:00
@MirLou Said

Has anyone a cure for ...
Long hair that even if washed every other day, it still looks lifeless, greasy at roots and actually stinks.

Am getting really disappointed with so many shampoos that seem to only work for about 4 hours and then things begin to get bad again.

Unfortunately sounds like a medical condition. In HS i knew a guy that had that problem all over his body and he would shower 4 times a day and it still didn't help. Try going to a Dermo.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#3New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:52:14
It could be the shampoo itself. There are some shampoos I can't use, because something in them (especially the ones that have silk protein!) make my hair just disgusting.

I use an organic shampoo and haven't had any trouble with it.

Cork, Ireland
#4New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:52:22
@vicki Said

Unfortunately sounds like a medical condition. In HS i knew a guy that had that problem all over his body and he would shower 4 times a day and it still didn't help. Try going to a Dermo.

Thanks. I do try to eat healthy and drink a lot of water as wellas eating a lot of fresh fruit and veg. but still no change.

Cork, Ireland
#5New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:54:04
@Wingsy Said

It could be the shampoo itself. There are some shampoos I can't use, because something in them (especially the ones that have silk protein!) make my hair just disgusting.

I use an organic shampoo and haven't had any trouble with it.

Have used organic and many the health stores recommended but still no progress is made. Some shampoos are even very hard to wash out completely so you can feel it's dirty before the hair is even dry.
vicki On May 28, 2010

Deleted

manhattan,
#6New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 12:55:31
@MirLou Said

Thanks. I do try to eat healthy and drink a lot of water as wellas eating a lot of fresh fruit and veg. but still no change.

I'm quite sure that there is medication that's out there that can solve your problem. Try going on the a medical site.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#7New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:05:31
@MirLou Said

Have used organic and many the health stores recommended but still no progress is made. Some shampoos are even very hard to wash out completely so you can feel it's dirty before the hair is even dry.

If it helps, I've used Organix

and

Aveeno

Haven't had any trouble with either of them. If you're able to get either of them, give it a try. The worse that can happen is you still have the same problem

I personally avoid Herbal Essence, because I ALWAYS have that nasty film in my hair from that stuff

Cork, Ireland
#8New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:11:46
@Wingsy Said

If it helps, I've used Organix
View Image

and

Aveeno
View Image

Haven't had any trouble with either of them. If you're able to get either of them, give it a try. The worse that can happen is you still have the same problem

I personally avoid Herbal Essence, because I ALWAYS have that nasty film in my hair from that stuff

Thanks so much for your help. I shall try and see if can get either of those. I hate the filmon my hair after the Herbal Essence also, and yet my sister can use it and her hair will last for at least a week as if just washed after she uses that. I have never got my hair to ho beyond the 2nd day for ages.

Used to use an egg based shampoo and got great results, but it went off the market and have never found anything like it to even try since.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#9New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:14:15
I prefer the Organix shampoo and conditioner. They have all different types of them. The one I use is for frizz control (because God knows I look like a puff ball without help!)
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#10New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:16:55
The Organix Coconut Milk shampoo has egg white protein.

Cork, Ireland
#11New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:17:40
@Wingsy Said

I prefer the Organix shampoo and conditioner. They have all different types of them. The one I use is for frizz control (because God knows I look like a puff ball without help!)

Thanks. I'm hoping to be able to go about the shops tomorrow and I'll look for it in the health shop, as know they do have a good variety and hopefully thay have it also.
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#12New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:19:13
I found it at Walmart this weekend...which surprised me a bit, but I'll take it!

Amazon also has it.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#13New Post! Aug 05, 2009 @ 13:19:43
The best shampoo to use it an herbal shampoo followed by a regular conditioner.

But if you can't find an herbal, Aveeno is your next best bet.

Also...over washing your hair can only superseed the problem because it triggers oil production when you are constantly trying to wash it out.

I do know that Caucasians have a different textured hair than those of natural brown skin, or Africans. I have really thick hair, and because of that my hair doesn't get as greasy as a lot of my white friends, who feel the need to wash it everyday.

Actually you shouldn't wash your hair everyday, you're suppose to wash it every other day to keep it healthy.

Anyways...to overcome it, i suggest putting oil in your hair. Herbal hair (Indian hair oil) is the best, if you have an Indian store close by. If not, simple baby oil will work (but make sure is the plain kind) Put that in your hair and wash your hair once every two days (do not wash it everyday). Yeah I know it sounds like you're just adding oil, but its a different kind. Don't wash it everyday, and only brush your hair twice a day. Some people over brush their hair causing oil to spread quickly from the roots down, making it seem like its over oily when its not. But do this for about two weeks...and soon you will see that its less greasy.

The baby oil also makes your hair healthy again, making it stronger, thicker, and shiny.
nOrTyNoOdLeS On October 22, 2009

, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Aug 12, 2009 @ 22:17:52
@vicki Said

I have the same problem..my Hair only needed washing every 3 days till I developed Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome...now its everyday washing and greasy within hours..its also gone much finer
It could be down to a Hormonal Imbalance maybe?
nOrTyNoOdLeS On October 22, 2009

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Aug 13, 2009 @ 00:00:31
@NortyNoodles Said

I have the same problem..my Hair only needed washing every 3 days till I developed Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome...now its everyday washing and greasy within hours..its also gone much finer
It could be down to a Hormonal Imbalance maybe?

Cheers for the Kudos
Honestly there may be an underlying reason...get it checked incase...best wishes
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs