Found. The third and Final Testament.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 14:20:32
Found. The third and Final Testament.

The third and Final Testament is being written by Gnostic thinkers and the only truth that you can trust. The reason that you will trust it is simply because it is your truth based on your understanding of reality and largely based on your feelings. That is why you can and will have complete trust in it and your God.

The Jewish God was the first and only monotheistic God. That God was adopted and corrupted by Constantine and the Catholic Orthodox church that he bought. This new Church reversed much of the initial Jewish thinking of God and returned to the more ancient thinking of a triune God of war. To solidify their position they killed many Gnostics and Jews and in the Gnostic case, tried to eradicate their thinking by burning all Gnostic scriptures. They missed a few and failed Just as Hitler failed in his book burning campaign.

The Jewish and Gnostic religions were religions designed to create thinking autonomous humans who did not need big brother church and it’s hierarchical guides to lead people by the nose to a God. Gnostics used their gospels to accomplish that desired end. God to Gnostics was an internalized experience gained through apotheosis.

Gnosticism is the personal connection to God that Christianity speaks of but never accomplishes. This is because their focus is to the hierarchy of the Church and not to God. The Christian highlighted obedience over thinking, even as most religions of the day were highlighting enlightenment or the finding of the right way as the path to their religions and Gods. This dogmatic reliance on obedience squelched any progress for Christianity and caused stagnation of mind and soul. Gnostics, like Gnostic Jesus and even the Christian Jesus, spoke of a God within each of us and thought the body to be the temple of God. Gnostics sought and achieved apotheosis and a true personal relationship to their God. Gnostics took to heart the notion that the laws of God were written on the heart. Something Christianity only gave passing reference to and substituted instead their “WORD of God”.

Gnosticism recognizes that you cannot gain the knowledge that produces wisdom and a good moral sense by not questioning the status quo. It demands that all concepts be questioned. So does the bible but Christians are never taught this by their church hierarchies who want sheep for followers and not thinking autonomous people. That would be too Gnostic.

It is my view that the third and Final Testament of the bible is being written in our time. Elaine Pagels has put chapter one in place for us to read and ponder with her book titled Adam, Eve and the Serpent.

https://southerncrossreview.org/14/pagels.htm

In our age, with most having access to knowledge through modern communication devices and the net means that we need no longer be hamstrung by domineering religious hierarchies and we can and will seek the God within. As more find God, society will finally stabilize into the period of long term social stability that we have been seeking forever.

God has had quite a ride but is now close. The Old Testament showed us how unsavory a God can be. The New Testament replaced that immoral God and placed an archetypal Jesus, a man with excellent but unworkable rhetoric, above that God. This was done with Jesus’ proclamation of heaven only through me. The Jewish version of the Old Testament tried to give man autonomy with Eden as our elevation. Man has become as Gods. Christianity backed us up, for good or evil by calling Eden our fall and creating sheepish followers who were not to question but only obey. Love be damned as man’s first principle. The New Testament tries to return us to man and Gods highest ideal of love for all. It fails because Constantine tied Jesus to the unsavory God of the Old Testament and returned to the older more barbaric style of the Old Testament God with a new and improved hell for those who will not obey. A fatal error that has backed up human thinking by 1,600 years.

Man’s Last and Final Testament, one that can only be Gnostic thanks to the mental flexibility of it’s adherents, will promote love through thought; following the unworkable rhetoric of Jesus but in a more workable way.

Man, God’s most fantastic achievement, not creation, is almost ready to take his rightful place as master of himself.

Many Christians use the bible as their external conscience. They will realize that the ancients were right and that the laws of God are to be internalized and written on our hearts. Do not fear being your own master. It will give you both pain and pleasure and you will sometimes curse it but you will know that it is as good as God intended it to be.

Seek God. He is getting near thanks to Gnosticism. Chapter one is written. If you choose to be enlightened and stop having to obey masters and take your rightful place as master of one. Jesus was here to free man, not enslave him. He was a Jew and knew Eden was our elevation and not our fall.

Jesus show the way with his question; Have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

What is your answer?

Regards
DL
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 14:29:02
@GreatestIam2 Said

The Jewish God was the first and only monotheistic God.

One minor correction:

Zoroastrianism was the first monotheistic religion in the world.

The second was the brief Egyptian monotheistic religion that only lasted during the reign of Akhenaten.

The third was in the Hebrew kingdom of Judah, during the reign of Hezekiah, but successfully re-instituted during the reign of Josiah.

Then everything else you wrote.

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 16:38:28
@chaski Said

One minor correction:

Zoroastrianism was the first monotheistic religion in the world.

The second was the brief Egyptian monotheistic religion that only lasted during the reign of Akhenaten.

The third was in the Hebrew kingdom of Judah, during the reign of Hezekiah, but successfully re-instituted during the reign of Josiah.

Then everything else you wrote.

Hardly since the Creator came before everything else. Even if, and it is dubious, Zorastra was the first written about he wasn't the first god, nor was his the first religion, since the first religion was practised by Adam and Eve, though they soon fell away from it, the best he could be is third after Satan, since the most he can possibly stem from is one of the disobedient angles who rebelled with Satan.

I wonder if the writings that Moses used to compile parts of Genesis were written before anything Zoroastrian? Will we ever know?

People always assume that because we have no record of earlier writings they don't exist. That is a very arrogant assumption to make.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#4New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 17:17:31
@MadCornishBiker Said

Hardly since the Creator came before everything else. Even if, and it is dubious, Zorastra was the first written about he wasn't the first god, nor was his the first religion, since the first religion was practised by Adam and Eve, though they soon fell away from it, the best he could be is third after Satan, since the most he can possibly stem from is one of the disobedient angles who rebelled with Satan.

I wonder if the writings that Moses used to compile parts of Genesis were written before anything Zoroastrian? Will we ever know?

People always assume that because we have no record of earlier writings they don't exist. That is a very arrogant assumption to make.

Ok, I'll bite. Which is the 1st monotheistic religion?

Now don't say the JW version of christianity, because you have already described that one as having at least three gods: god, jesus and satan (kind of an interesting trinity).

Banned

#5New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 17:53:54
@chaski Said

Ok, I'll bite. Which is the 1st monotheistic religion?

Now don't say the JW version of christianity, because you have already described that one as having at least three gods: god, jesus and satan (kind of an interesting trinity).

Monotheism doesn't mean not knowing of more than one god it means not worshipping more than one and since the JWs only worship "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ", as he did, you are way out in that statement as most people here would know.

JWs don't worship Christ, they follow him and recognise him as their king. But you know all this because it ahs been said on here so many times.

Evidently you know so little about religion that you don't know the difference between knowing that other gods exist which others worship, and worshipping them yourself. Or, do you think Jesus was polytheistic because he said men were called gods in scripture (which incidentally they asre in more than one place.). Or is it that you don't know the difference between acknowledge and worship? Or maybe you simply don't know what monotheitic and polytheistic mean.

mon·o·the·ism? ?[mon-uh-thee-iz-uhm] noun
the doctrine or belief that there is only one God. (notice the capital "G" in that definition - or don't you even know the difference between god and God?).

The first monotheistic religion was that practised by Adam and Eve before they "jumped ship" and transferred their obedience to Satan instead. It didn't have a name at the time, or for many centuries after it was simply the worship of Jehovah, the Creator. In fact it didn't get a name for many centuries after that. Even during the captivity in Egypt it was apparently known simply as the "worship of the God of the Hebrews".

Think about it. Since Adam and Eve were the first humans there could have been no other religion on earth than the one they started out with.

In reality Christianity was always intended to be a return to the original, Patriarchal form, as practised by Noah, Abraham etc. A religion which is more of a way of life than a collection of rituals, as in:-

(Matthew 23:8-12) But YOU, do not YOU be called Rabbi, for one is YOUR teacher, whereas all YOU are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone YOUR father on earth, for one is YOUR Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called ‘leaders,’ for YOUR Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among YOU must be YOUR minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

(Matthew 20:25-27) But Jesus, calling them to him, said: “YOU know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them. 26 This is not the way among YOU; but whoever wants to become great among YOU must be YOUR minister, 27 and whoever wants to be first among YOU must be YOUR slave.

(Job 32:21, 22) Let me not, please, show partiality to a man; And on an earthling man I shall not bestow a title; 22 For I certainly do not know how I can bestow a title; Easily my Maker would carry me away.

No clergy, no special garb, no rituals.

Dictionary.com

rit·u·al? ?[rich-oo-uhl] Show IPA
noun
1. an established or prescribed procedure for a religious or other rite.
2. a system or collection of religious or other rites.
3. observance of set forms in public worship.
4. a book of rites or ceremonies.
5. a book containing the offices to be used by priests in administering the sacraments and for visitation of the sick, burial of the dead, etc.

Strangely enough that is just the sort of religion that the JWs practice, odd that isn't it, lol. The nearest they get to ritual is the fact that they open and close each meeting with prayer, and the order in which they hold their 5 meetings a week, lol, and that can vary from Congregation to Congregation depending on if they are sharing a Kingdom Hall with another Congregation (or even two).
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#6New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 18:05:53
@MadCornishBiker Said

mon·o·the·ism? ?[mon-uh-thee-iz-uhm] noun
the doctrine or belief that there is only one God. (notice the capital "G" in that definition - or don't you even know the difference between god and God?).

the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.

So, you cannot have more than one god. You have in numerous posts described "god" as a god, 'jesus' as a god, and "satan" as a god.... that equals 3... as in THREE... as in polytheistic.

So, try again. Which was the 1st MONOTHEISTIC religion.... that (based on YOUR definition) has ONLY one god?

Banned

#7New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 19:45:30
@chaski Said

the doctrine or belief that there is only one God.

So, you cannot have more than one god. You have in numerous posts described "god" as a god, 'jesus' as a god, and "satan" as a god.... that equals 3... as in THREE... as in polytheistic.

So, try again. Which was the 1st MONOTHEISTIC religion.... that (based on YOUR definition) has ONLY one god?

You miss the point. You cannot have more than one God, but you can have many gods. There is a difference. the problem is that in English we have only one word for all "shades" whereas the Greek, for instance have a word for each. That's what makes English so ambiguous, and allows people like you to twist things so thoroughly in their minds like a squirrel on a nut hunt.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#8New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 20:02:02
@MadCornishBiker Said

You miss the point. You cannot have more than one God, but you can have many gods. There is a difference. the problem is that in English we have only one word for all "shades" whereas the Greek, for instance have a word for each. That's what makes English so ambiguous, and allows people like you to twist things so thoroughly in their minds like a squirrel on a nut hunt.

Shades, tints, hues, tinges, colors, tones...

No. The problem is that you say there is only one god. Then you say god is a god, and jesus is a god, and satan is a god...

Using Satan as an example: god, deity, angel, fallen angel, demon, spirit, demigod, etc.

So if you believe that Satan is not "god", then call him what he is or describe what he is with using the correct definitions of the words that you use.

If you believe that Satan is a god, then admit that you are a polytheist.

Banned

#9New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 21:40:53
@chaski Said

No. The problem is that you say there is only one god. Then you say god is a god, and jesus is a god, and satan is a god...

Using Satan as an example: god, deity, angel, fallen angel, demon, spirit, demigod, etc.

So if you believe that Satan is not "god", then call him what he is or describe what he is with using the correct definitions of the words that you use.

No, you really should read things. I say there is only one God, capital G, but many gods small G, as in 1 Corinthians 8:5,6 ". 5 For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him."

Can you really not see the difference or are you simply trolling? I am seriously beginning to wonder. I really hope you are trolling because I would hate to think you were that lacking in basic linguistic ability.

Think about it. One reason the Jews have long objected to Christianity is because to them (and anyone who isn't wearing blinkers - or blinders at the Americans apparently call them for some strange reason) worshipping 3 gods, whether in trinity or not is polytheism, and yet even the determinedly monotheistic Jewish scriptures acknowledge other, false, gods.

In fact I am almost invariably careful to say there is only One True God, so, as always, you "lose" every whichway.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#10New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:29:30
@chaski Said

@MadCornishBiker Said

No, you really should read things. I say there is only one God, capital G, but many gods small G, as in 1 Corinthians 8:5,6 ". 5 For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him."

Can you really not see the difference or are you simply trolling? I am seriously beginning to wonder. I really hope you are trolling because I would hate to think you were that lacking in basic linguistic ability.

Think about it. One reason the Jews have long objected to Christianity is because to them (and anyone who isn't wearing blinkers - or blinders at the Americans apparently call them for some strange reason) worshipping 3 gods, whether in trinity or not is polytheism, and yet even the determinedly monotheistic Jewish scriptures acknowledge other, false, gods.

In fact I am almost invariably careful to say there is only One True God, so, as always, you "lose" every whichway.

Chaski is correct. Monotheism does allow for other gods along with a supreme God which means technically anyone who believes this is polythestic.
Satan is considered a diety or fallen angel and he is referred to in some places as a god. It doesn't matter which "case" you use Biker. A god is still a god however lesser he may be, he will still be superior to humans.

deity - is a postulated preternatural or supernatural being, who is always of significant power, worshipped, thought holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, and respected by human beings. Deities assume a variety of forms, but are frequently depicted as having human or animal form.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#11New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:37:37
@MadCornishBiker Said

Polytheistic pagan JW!!!

Banned

#12New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:42:58
@futilevoice Said

Chaski is correct. Monotheism does allow for other gods along with a supreme God which means technically anyone who believes this is polythestic.
Satan is considered a diety or fallen angel and he is referred to in some places as a god. It doesn't matter which "case" you use Biker. A god is still a god however lesser he may be, he will still be superior to humans.

deity - is a postulated preternatural or supernatural being, who is always of significant power, worshipped, thought holy, divine, or sacred, held in high regard, and respected by human beings. Deities assume a variety of forms, but are frequently depicted as having human or animal form.

You obviously haven't read those posts properly, Chaski was sayyng that Jws aren't ontheistic because they believe other gods exist, I was saying that monotheism does allow for that so you are actually agreeing with me.

Everything you say here backs up what I have been saying and is against what Chaski said, well all bar one anyway. As the bible points out even humans are called gods. When the bible calls humans gods it is referring to the tribal leaders of Israel.

As I say, it was Chaski who was saying that monotheism doesn't allow for the existence of other gods, not me, lol. Montheism is about the worship of only one God, not the belief in only one god, as Chaski claims.

Banned

#13New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:44:42
@chaski Said

Polytheistic pagan JW!!!

No. JWs are not polytheistic, though the trinity is as it claims all three are equal. Anyway I am not a JW as I have been disfellowshipped., lol, you can't even get that right, lol.

Banned

#14New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:47:17
@futilevoice Said

@chaski Said

Polytheistic pagan JW!!!

See what I mean, lol, you are agreeing with me, not chaski, lol.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#15New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:51:02
@MadCornishBiker Said

No. JWs are not polytheistic, though the trinity is as it claims all three are equal. Anyway I am not a JW as I have been disfellowshipped., lol, you can't even get that right, lol.

You said it yourself... god is god, satan is god...

Polytheistic Pagan-JW.

You're not going to trick me with your evil satanic polytheistic interpretive double speak!

Tricksy tricksy JW's.

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs