Rants & Raves

Door to door sales people!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
little1 On July 17, 2011

London Town, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 11:27:31
I?m not a morning person. Knocking on my door at 10am on a Saturday is going to land you straight on my naughty list. Here?s the letter I just fired off to Southern Electric.

To whom it may concern,

https://www.kellschronicles.blogspot.com
jonblaze On May 11, 2011

Tulsa, United States (general)
#2New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 11:39:36
good for you emailing the company, maybe they will change their tactics if they get enough emails.
I wouldn't be giving my info out either. anyone can carry a clipboard with made up paperwork.

On a side note your blogs crack me up.
The fire drill one was pretty good.
spadge On February 18, 2010
Aging Disgracefully

Deleted

Santa Land, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 11:47:41
I hate pressure salesmen. I hope that they apologised to you.
little1 On July 17, 2011

London Town, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 11:49:45
Thank you! i do love to write a letter. hehe

You can subscribe if you like? If you pop you're e-mail address in the box you will receive a short notice every time I update me blog (no more than 1 e-mail every few days... I hate spammers!) Don't worry, I'm not like a man with a clip board. I can't see any of your personal information if you do subscribe. All I see is that I have one more fan on the mailing list.
49thbrat On November 17, 2009

Deleted

Truro, Canada
#5New Post! Sep 22, 2009 @ 12:07:19
Extremely good job!If that don't knock home your point,I don't know what would.
Are you even sure he was with this company-I don't know too many that ask that personal of questions!
You hear about the home invasions all of the time where people assume the identity of someone else just to get in your home.
I would have not opened the door!
You SHOULD get some action from your very well written letter though.
Good for you.These days,not everyone has the courage to speak up!
rosesforme17 On August 29, 2023

Santa Clara, California
#6New Post! Sep 23, 2009 @ 22:13:09
I hate door to door salespeople with a passion!!! They are always popping around on the weekends and interrupting my relaxation time with a bunch of crap.

My point of view is this, if your product is so great, then why do you need to go around bothering people at home trying to pressure them in to buying something they probably don't really want anyway? If your product or service is worth my time, I would be coming to you right? Not to mention that majority of these guys, around here anyway, are hella rude!

What's even more annoying is when they don't even give you a chance to get to the door. They knock, wait 10 seconds and repeat. Or they knock then ring the doorbell a couple of times.

I got to the point now that I won't even answer the door. If I happen to see them through the window on the door, and you know they saw me, then I tell them straight off that we're not interested without ever opening the door. I know that's b****y, but if you had to deal with some of the a*****es that I've had to deal with, you'd understand why I ain't playing nice anymore!

And mine is not coming from not being a morning person, I just am done with solicitors of any kind!
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#7New Post! Sep 24, 2009 @ 01:51:51
I'm none to pleased with them myself. I had one of 'em with a "buddy" appear at my door wanting to demonstrate a vacuum cleaner and when I told 'em I wasn't interested he got indignant and demanded I let them in. Goodbye....
Thranduil On August 31, 2013

QUINCY, Kentucky
#8New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 22:35:04
Just put a rottweiler, doberman pinscher, pitbull, and german shepherd in front of your door, if the salesman wants to knock or ring the doorbell, he'll have to go through them!!!
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 01, 2009 @ 22:42:19
Never mind the time of day .. I had a guy come to the door wanting me to by his 'art' ... when I said 'no thanks' .. he actually said 'but it's art .. you HAVE to buy some' .. after mustering all the composure I could and politely stating once again that 'thanks but no thanks' .. he took another step into my doorway and said something along the lines of 'LOOK , LOOK AT MY ART ... IT'S GOOD ... YOU MUST BUY SOME' ... it took a hand on his chest and a firm look to persuade him I really didn't want any.

I don't have a problem with 'salesmen' .. good luck to them .. but this is MY front door .. I didn't request a visit.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#10New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 10:03:31
Other than the religious people, no one has ever come to my door to sell me anything.
whisper On December 30, 2009

swansea, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 10:09:39
I always pretent to speak another language to door callers....works a treat
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#12New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 10:38:20
I'm always polite to those kind of sales people.but have a different approach with them,it goes something like this.

Me,What are you selling?
Them,Nothing
ME,then why did you knock on my door?
Them,well if I could just have a moment of your time......
Me, you've already taken enough of my time,now please go
and close the door again.

Wonder why I sometimes hear them call out Bastard
whisper On December 30, 2009

swansea, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 03, 2009 @ 11:36:24
I think we should take a leaf out of Kenny Everett's book

"round them up, put 'em in a field and BOMB the b**stards"
OPSJDS On October 18, 2010

Loveland, Colorado
#14New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 21:29:53
Door to door sales people are humans too. If you don't care to talk to them don't open your door.

What you do when no one is watching, what you do when you are speaking with the lowly of society, that is the real you.
OPSJDS On October 18, 2010

Loveland, Colorado
#15New Post! Oct 18, 2010 @ 21:34:28
@whisper Said

I always pretent to speak another language to door callers....works a treat

I've been selling door to door the last 35 years, so when people play tricks on me I play tricks back. I just say haha very funny I don't speak english either, you win have a good day.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs