The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Relationships:
Homosexuality

As a gay person, would you be okay with dating a bisexual?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
carelt1985 On June 25, 2016

Chesterfield, Missouri
#1New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 07:52:21
Please answer.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 08:46:01

If they are staying with you then they are homosexual (since they are sleeping with one partner)

If they retain their bisexuality then that means at some point they will sleep with someone else.

It's a recipe for unfaithfulness I would have thought.

(Not my thing anyway, just thought I'd put my twopennysworth in)
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#3New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 08:58:12
@Wheezy_Knight Said

If they are staying with you then they are homosexual (since they are sleeping with one partner)

If they retain their bisexuality then that means at some point they will sleep with someone else.

It's a recipe for unfaithfulness I would have thought.

(Not my thing anyway, just thought I'd put my twopennysworth in)

They can just be attracted to members of both genders. They don't have to be sleeping with one of each to be considered bisexual.
Could be wrong, though. If anyone feels like correcting me, I'd appreciate it.
merlock On May 04, 2012

, Australia
#4New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 09:40:56
I would date them if they remained faithful, i wouldn't have a problem with it they're still into men, if they weren't faithful then i would dump their ass.
cailyn10289 On November 12, 2015
Scottish on Fridays

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 17:01:04
I'm dating a man who is bisexual. Just because he's bi doesn't mean he'll cheat. It just means he likes both men and women. Just because he's with a woman doesn't make him straight now either. It just means I got there before a guy did.
inZane On April 12, 2009

#6New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 21:14:40
No, I don't think I would be okay with it (no offence to bisexuals). It's more of a chance for getting hurt IMO.
Scottish on Fridays

#7New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 21:47:32
@inZane Said

No, I don't think I would be okay with it (no offence to bisexuals). It's more of a chance for getting hurt IMO.

Just because someone likes both sexes doesn't mean they have a higher probability of cheating. There are a lot of gay and straight people who cheat just as much as bisexuals, if not more.
jeanettesianrachel On September 16, 2016

Medway, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 21:52:22
a bi friend of ours was with his boyfriend for 20 yrs before the bi one died of heart attack so its poss,but as with everyone else its their choice who to be with. x
Scottish on Fridays

#9New Post! Nov 21, 2008 @ 22:33:49
@lilrocker778 Said

I'd feel more comfortable if they were gay because not only would they be comparing you to other girls, but other guys too. But I'm A.OK with bi's if they are all for you.

If the person is really into you then there would be no need to compare.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#10New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 01:12:13
@cailyn10289 Said

If the person is really into you then there would be no need to compare.

I think that Cailyn makes a really valuable point here.
I am straight and have never dated a bisexual guy. I have a personal preference for very heterosexual men because that's just what melts my butter - I like my men to really love women.

If I did date a bisexual guy who had slept with lots of men and women, and decided I was the one, well, it would be follish to walk away from that if I felt the same. That kind of commitment is hard to find anywhere, no matter what your sexual leanings.

I think it's when you date someone who is uncertain about their sexuality that huge problems start - and I'm sure many people consider bisexuals to be uncertain. Some bi guys and girls feel that attraction but have never acted on it. Some reveal to their partners during the relationship that they think they may be bi.

Fair enough, but it's the uncertainty that does put a question mark over the long term success of the relationship in my opinion. If your partner isn't sure which gender they want to sleep with, it's very much like a straight guy telling his girl-friend he's not sure she's the one. Either way, love is hard enough. People fall in and out of love for bizarre reasons. Being unsure about which gender you want to sleep with is a complicated enough reason to stop a relationship from working out long-term.

I also think that most people succeed in relationships where they have a lot in common - not interests, but attitudes. If one partner is straight, the other bi, they already have a big difference in sexual attitudes and for some couples, I think it's enough to spell the death knell. For others who can get past it and make it work that's wonderful.
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#11New Post! Nov 22, 2008 @ 01:30:27
@not4sale Said

They can just be attracted to members of both genders. They don't have to be sleeping with one of each to be considered bisexual.
Could be wrong, though. If anyone feels like correcting me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm a straight female and I have always thought that a bi-sexual person is someone who feels an equal amount of sexual attraction towards males and females - whether they have acted on it or not.

Those people who never determine a sexual preference for one gender over another - through experimenting or anything else, are what I would call bi-sexual. Many of them choose a life partner and stay faithful by choice, but they will always be attracted equally to both sexes even if they don't choose to disclose that or act upon it.

My 10 cents worth anyway.
robarge2 On February 08, 2009

Pooler, Georgia
#12New Post! Dec 06, 2008 @ 22:34:57
I can personally say that I prefer them to be interested in me, but I personally have dated someone for along period of time and them be bi, but i am mar5ried to a wonderful woman that was straight until we met and fell in love. She will tell people she i neither straight or gay, she loves a woman,but if you like someone their str8, gay, or bi status should never really matter.
ash128 On August 12, 2011

Gloucester, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 08, 2008 @ 14:53:20
im bi and my bf is gay :/so seeing that u all think that im more likely to cheat on him makes me feel whether he is having same doubts as you :/ I would never cheat on anyone. Being bi means im interested in men and women but atm im just interested in him no one else.
xxbloodyxkissesxx On July 31, 2012

Deleted

murder city bby<33, New Mexico
#14New Post! Jan 11, 2009 @ 07:23:53
i'm bi and all it means is that i like guys and girls.
just because i'm that way doesn't mean i cheat on people.
thats just a stupid label people put on us.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs