The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Science

A super Earth is discovered recently in six planetary system, may have intelligent Life?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#1New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 13:19:44
https://sync.sympatico.ca/news/new_super-earth_found_in_six-planet_system/0b564882

This is novel to believe in. There may be human like beings with six times lower voices and six times longer projects for transportation about the, definitely big city: more time to muse over the pollution crisis too.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 13:31:07
Yeah I was reading about this the other day. Quite exciting that we're still finding stuff like this out really. There's so much we still don't know about the universe that can be explored- I hope I'm around to see any massive headway being made.

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#3New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 13:33:48
@sister_of_mercy Said

Yeah I was reading about this the other day. Quite exciting that we're still finding stuff like this out really. There's so much we still don't know about the universe that can be explored- I hope I'm around to see any massive headway being made.

These planets aren't observed through direct radiational light means. Some kind of gravity through particulately energized Time.
Evil_Incarnate On December 03, 2013

Winter Haven, Florida
#4New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 15:30:34
First off, the fact that I'm even allowed to post here still is absolutely amazing to me, secondly, I read the story and think it sounds pretty sweet. My problem is, we have trouble finding "intelligent" life here, not sure how well we'll do on a larger planet. Six times more idiots I would presume.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 16:40:53
it'll be hundreds ..if not thousands of years before we ever get a human beyond our solar system ... if it's ever managed at all ...my money would be on us never getting a human beyond mars ...so other beings living elsewhere is hardly relevant to our existence i'm afraid .
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#6New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 17:32:24
@offbeat Said

it'll be hundreds ..if not thousands of years before we ever get a human beyond our solar system ... if it's ever managed at all ...my money would be on us never getting a human beyond mars ...so other beings living elsewhere is hardly relevant to our existence i'm afraid .

It's just nice to know that there's a possibility of intelligent life somewhere, as there's certainly none here.

london, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 17:43:30
@boxerdc Said

It's just nice to know that there's a possibility of intelligent life somewhere, as there's certainly none here.

mm..i think you may be overlooking jonnython , the painful truth ,tenacious dave, electric banana and hoppy to name a few ... and i'm kinda pleased that we wont meet any bug eyed space men ...because i'd hate to be told that it's our manifest destiny to go there and mess with their s**t !
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 18:13:59
Whenever life gets you down, Mrs. Brown
And things seem hard or tough
And people are stupid, obnoxious or daft
And you feel that you've had quite enu-hu-hu-huuuuff

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving and revolving at 900 miles an hour

That's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned

A sun that is the source of all our power

The sun and you and me, and all the stars that we can see
are moving at a million miles a day

In an outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour
of the galaxy we call the Milky Way

Our galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars

It's 100,000 light-years side-to-side

It bulges in the middle, 16,000 light-years thick
But out by us it's just 3000 light-years wide

We're 30,000 light-years from galactic central point

We go round every 200 million years

And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
In this amazing and expanding universe

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can whiz

As fast as it can go, (at the speed of light ((you know)))
Twelve million miles a minute and that's the fastest speed there is

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure
how amazingly unlikely is your birth and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space

Because there's bugger all down here on Earth
~Python

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#9New Post! Nov 10, 2012 @ 18:35:40
I see, I see; everybody assumes a prioritized value for Progress. That way the planets recently being discovered will save the the natural concerns here on Earth for psychological irresponsibility; but like you I am that too. A prioritized value for progress will allow the free decision at interpreting oneself for the delusion of the Brave New World.
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#10New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 14:19:15
@Reviso Said

https://sync.sympatico.ca/news/new_super-earth_found_in_six-planet_system/0b564882

This is novel to believe in. There may be human like beings with six times lower voices and six times longer projects for transportation about the, definitely big city: more time to muse over the pollution crisis too.

Hmmm,if there is intelligent life out there,I wonder why they don't come here to our little war zone????,must give that some thought .

Interesting thread Reviso,I read about it the other day and from memory they reckon the planet is something like 200 light years away not really the kind of place you go to for the weekend eh??? .
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#11New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 22:58:57
@offbeat Said

I'm a bit more optimistic concerning space travel. I'm sure we will be out of this solar system within a hundred years.
However, if that other planet was formed at the same time ours was, life on it may be just as primitive as our own (intelligence wise) and maybe we both will develop the capability for space travel at the same time.

london, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 23:10:06
@futilevoice Said

I'm a bit more optimistic concerning space travel. I'm sure we will be out of this solar system within a hundred years.
However, if that other planet was formed at the same time ours was, life on it may be just as primitive as our own (intelligence wise) and maybe we both will develop the capability for space travel at the same time.

mmm.. i believe the odds are against our stumbling across a planet that has experienced the same accidental steps of creation that we have .. you have to look at the many thousands of species on this planet and realize how remote a chance it is for one of those species to develop along similiar lines .. in the recent human past we can see that we wouldn't be as we are if the climate hadn't behaved the way it did .. reducing the forested areas and creating grassland ..which encouraged our ancestors to venture down and eventually move on two legs ... then the chance discovery of cooking food which has changed our physiology ... most importantly our brain size.... there are many more developmental processes that would need to be recreated on other planets to produce a similiar creature to humans .
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#13New Post! Nov 11, 2012 @ 23:44:33
@offbeat Said

mmm.. i believe the odds are against our stumbling across a planet that has experienced the same accidental steps of creation that we have .. you have to look at the many thousands of species on this planet and realize how remote a chance it is for one of those species to develop along similiar lines .. in the recent human past we can see that we wouldn't be as we are if the climate hadn't behaved the way it did .. reducing the forested areas and creating grassland ..which encouraged our ancestors to venture down and eventually move on two legs ... then the chance discovery of cooking food which has changed our physiology ... most importantly our brain size.... there are many more developmental processes that would need to be recreated on other planets to produce a similiar creature to humans .

I see what you mean, but that other species may not look like us. In fact they may be more highly developed. If not for the dinosaurs becoming extinct so mammals could thrive maybe we would not be here. What if their climate and vegetation did not support such large creatures? What if mammals on these other planets evolved much faster?
Sommething to think about.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#14New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 01:53:57
@Demented Said

Hmmm,if there is intelligent life out there,I wonder why they don't come here to our little war zone????,must give that some thought .

Interesting thread Reviso,I read about it the other day and from memory they reckon the planet is something like 200 light years away not really the kind of place you go to for the weekend eh??? .

The distance is 42 light years. Still a ways off, but not as bad.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/08/possible_habitable_planet_closeby/
Demented On January 31, 2024

, Australia
#15New Post! Nov 12, 2012 @ 04:49:29
@Dark_Tink Said

The distance is 42 light years. Still a ways off, but not as bad.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/08/possible_habitable_planet_closeby/

I think I may have got Kepler 22b's distance muddled up somewhere but even then I was way of track with distance. .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs