Would you do Community Work? Paid/Volunteer

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
intoxsickated On October 21, 2006

Deleted

Suburbia Hell, California
#2New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 01:46:36
i do some community work i guess.

- i've been involved with the big brother program here, on and off for a few years now.

- i take care of the maintenance repairs at a homeless shelter for free (at least labor costs).

- i donate my time when needed at my sons school.

- i usually work election nights at my local polling place.

- i've coached a little league baseball team when the league needed more coaches.

and few other small things like mowing lawns for neighbors who can't do it themselves and helping with their home repair and car problems when i can.

i really don't mind lending a hand when needed, but at the same time i think i'm kind of at a point where i'd rather not anymore. i dunno why, probably just getting lazy.
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#3New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 01:51:10
@intoxsickated Said
i do some community work i guess.

- i've been involved with the big brother program here, on and off for a few years now.

- i take care of the maintenance repairs at a homeless shelter for free (at least labor costs).

- i donate my time when needed at my sons school.

- i usually work election nights at my local polling place.

- i've coached a little league baseball team when the league needed more coaches.

and few other small things like mowing lawns for neighbors who can't do it themselves and helping with their home repair and car problems when i can.

i really don't mind lending a hand when needed, but at the same time i think i'm kind of at a point where i'd rather not anymore. i dunno why, probably just getting lazy.

wow that is a whole different side of you

i want to get involved with the casa program here

- which is a program that helps abused and neglected children

but i have to be 21 so i have to wait till after august! and that is pretty much volenteer. i was going to go to school to become a social worker but they dont make hardly anything so i decided to become a teacher for mental challenged kids (5 yrs old) and just to volenteer work in the summers and some throughout the school year.
joni On January 20, 2009

Good old Ashe County, North Ca
#4New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 02:08:20
I'm required to do some community service for school and clubs and such.
I mostly paint things for people. I've painted various murals for people at school.
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#5New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 02:10:00
@joni Said
I'm required to do some community service for school and clubs and such.
I mostly paint things for people. I've painted various murals for people at school.

I mean activities that you are willing to do from your own personal time because you want to do it.
garfunkel On December 29, 2008
my beautiful rescue

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#6New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 14:46:55
I am in involved in Community service. Im a part of the bush fire bridgade...a volunteer firefighter..qualified and everything love the iuniform
Yeah me and a few of my friends signed up about 3 years ago now because we had to do community service for the Duke Of Ed award and we did the training and now we're all qualifed basic firefighters! Its pretty cool. i enjoy it..its not paid which to be honest doesn't bother me at all
papaumau On May 28, 2006

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 15:06:00
Everybody should do voluntary community service at least once in their lives as it is a great feeling to know that you are helping folk without getting paid.

Up until a couple of years ago I served on my local Children's hearings panel and while that was something I enjoyed doing I was frustrated that the law here did not take enough interest in it or give it enough support.

I also used to collect tins for a charity called ARC, ( Arthritis Research Council ) as this raised lotsa money for arthritis sufferers, ( every family has someone who suffers from one of the arthritis complaints - there are literally hundreds of them ).

I still run a consumer forum for free.

A round of applause please.
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#8New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 15:17:11
@pinksparklystars Said
wow that is a whole different side of you

Shhhh! Intox doesn't want anyone to know he's a sweetie
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#9New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 15:19:32
I am a Scout leader and help out at Beaver scouts and Cub scouts whenever i can this takes alot! of personal time
becki7 On July 28, 2006

Australia
#10New Post! May 06, 2006 @ 16:23:20
Yeah I would do ethier work,volunteer or paid work it wouldn't bother me.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs