Politics

Self Defense

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Se7ski On May 02, 2014

#61New Post! Aug 21, 2013 @ 06:43:19
@someone_else_again Said

I do have an older-but-not-bigger sister. Sisters fight but it can range from arguing to fist-fights. I only ever struck my sister once on purpose. I've always been tougher than she was so...yeah.

Cool! I only have brothers and yeah, tons of arguments and fights but mostly with my big brother.

@someone_else_again Said
All of this basically says that you would not stay and fight. You'd avoid it altogether. Don't look now, but you're straying into coward territory.

Not really. I've never backed down but I've never been in a fight when somebody had a weapon. Well, except that dude with the pencil but I didn't think he would use that.
But getting in a fight with somebody that has a gun is really stupid cause he already won.
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Aug 21, 2013 @ 12:55:32
@Se7ski Said

But getting in a fight with somebody that has a gun is really stupid cause he already won.

Depends how close you are. If they are the other side of the room. Then yeah you have probably lost. Depending on if they can shoot or not. Or if like that idiot who dressed as Bane, they know how to clear a jam on a weapon.

If it is body to body range. Then you may win, if you can disarm them.

Even if you die, at least your loser genes are taken out of the bigger picture. Survival of the fittest.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#63New Post! Aug 21, 2013 @ 17:22:45
@Se7ski Said

You're contradicting yourself quite a bit. You've now retreated to the stance of "Defend yourself. Stand up and fight but only if the other guy doesn't have a gun."
Se7ski On May 02, 2014

#64New Post! Aug 24, 2013 @ 20:15:30
@someone_else_again Said

You're contradicting yourself quite a bit. You've now retreated to the stance of "Defend yourself. Stand up and fight but only if the other guy doesn't have a gun."

Well, there is a huge difference between fighting and shoot outs.
If I had to deal with somebody with a gun, I think my strategy would change up. Like The Judge said, the first step is to find a way to lose the gun. But if there isn't a way to do that, then why stay and die?

The only time fighting should include weapons is in a war.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#65New Post! Aug 27, 2013 @ 16:36:46
@Se7ski Said

Well, there is a huge difference between fighting and shoot outs.

There is, but that's not what you said. You said don't fight a guy who has a gun. Zimmerman had a gun but he didn't have it out.

Where do you draw the line? Start to fight till the gun comes out and then back off saying, "Oh sorry man, I wanted a fight, not a shoot-out. See ya later."

I hope you don't live anywhere where there's a lot of gang violence.

@Se7ski Said

If I had to deal with somebody with a gun, I think my strategy would change up. Like The Judge said, the first step is to find a way to lose the gun. But if there isn't a way to do that, then why stay and die?

But you've just said you'd leave a fight. That is exactly opposite of what you were banging on about before. Admit defeat, Se7ski!

@Se7ski Said

The only time fighting should include weapons is in a war.

So police don't get weapons, or is that not "fighting?"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs