Technology & Internet

Help! I'm stuck on my Facebook page!!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#1New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 20:45:03
Okay, I know that sounds dumb but I made a "business" page on Facebook and I am completely stuck there on my computer. There is no "logout" option that I can see and I cannot find any help from either Facebook or Google.

Please help me, you're my only hope.
The_Judge On September 17, 2013

Deleted

Your city, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 21:45:55
Have you tried erasing all your internet settings. This will erase any stored user names and passwords. Or try control panal and goto windows credential manager.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#3New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 21:59:30
Okay, I tried erasing my history before but I guess it didn't work right. I'm signed out now but that only solves half of my problem.

In the future, without having to do all that nonsense, how am I supposed to sign out of that page? :

Deleted

#4New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:01:48
When you signed in, did you select "Keep me logged in" or click yes on whatever browser you are using when it asked if you wanted to remember that user name and password?

Does it do the same in a different internet browser?

Deleted

#5New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:02:24
Just deleting the history wont delete saved usernames and passwords. It will just delete the cache of visited websites.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#6New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:08:31
@The_Judge Said

When you signed in, did you select "Keep me logged in" or click yes on whatever browser you are using when it asked if you wanted to remember that user name and password?

I'm not worried about it automatically signing me in but rather that, when I'm in it, it doesn't even give me an option to log out. I am on a semi-public computer so I ]never have it keep me logged in anyway.

@The_Judge Said

Does it do the same in a different internet browser?

Haven't tried it.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#7New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:09:13
@The_Judge Said

Just deleting the history wont delete saved usernames and passwords. It will just delete the cache of visited websites.

Just to re-iterate, it is not a saved password. Deleting the history let it forget when I signed in to it.

Deleted

#8New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:10:35
@someone_else_again Said

I'm not worried about it automatically signing me in but rather that, when I'm in it, it doesn't even give me an option to log out. I am on a semi-public computer so I ]never have it keep me logged in anyway.

Im not sure why the logout button would dissapear. Sounds like a problem with facebook. Do the rest of the menu options appear?
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#9New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:14:58
@The_Judge Said

Im not sure why the logout button would dissapear. Sounds like a problem with facebook. Do the rest of the menu options appear?

I'm not sure. It's a business page so it looks different than a regular page. I'm getting ready to leave so I'm not going to sign back into it to look at it. I have looked everywhere that I can think of and any drop down menu I see and I see no log out option.

Deleted

#10New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:21:57
@someone_else_again Said

I'm not sure. It's a business page so it looks different than a regular page. I'm getting ready to leave so I'm not going to sign back into it to look at it. I have looked everywhere that I can think of and any drop down menu I see and I see no log out option.

Silly question have you tried the Google God?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#11New Post! May 10, 2013 @ 22:36:23
Facebook has begun to irritate me.... that isn't good... we don't want Chaski going over the deep end...

Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#12New Post! May 11, 2013 @ 11:17:12
Is there an option in the drop down menu that says use Facebook as.....
We have a ghosthunting page and to use the page we select use Facebook as chesterfield ghosthunters and then switch it back when we want to comment as ourselves
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#13New Post! May 11, 2013 @ 16:17:01
@Elite_Dragon Said

Is there an option in the drop down menu that says use Facebook as.....
We have a ghosthunting page and to use the page we select use Facebook as chesterfield ghosthunters and then switch it back when we want to comment as ourselves

I will check this out when I'm back at work. I had noticed that option somewhere but since I didn't set it up in conjunction with my personal account (oops), it was offering to let use Facebook as '.'

Thanks.
Elite_Dragon On December 24, 2016
The Dragon is in....

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
#14New Post! May 11, 2013 @ 16:46:43
@someone_else_again Said

I will check this out when I'm back at work. I had noticed that option somewhere but since I didn't set it up in conjunction with my personal account (oops), it was offering to let use Facebook as '.'

Thanks.

No worries hope it helps
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs