The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Society & Lifestyles

Working from home- Is it that easy?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#1New Post! Feb 18, 2011 @ 17:12:12
I've been thinking about this for quite awhile. So many people think it's easy and more and more people are working via computer. Things are changing dramatically, so I'd like to address. When I got sick, I retired from teaching, but still couldn't afford to give up the income.
I'm not going to talk about what I do as much as the reaction of my family. Yesterday in a moment of frustration my husband said, "Some of us work for a living." This went over like a lead balloon and I wrote a list of what I had done that day. Apologies were given, but he'll say it again. Because I'm home the house should be perfect, laundry always done and good meals seven days a week. HELL, I'M WORKING!!!! Keeping a home is a FULLTIME JOB. Hence, I have two jobs. Am I wrong to ask my family to help.
Yesterday
cleaned kitchen and 2 bathrooms
dusted and vacuumed
did 4 loads of laundry
got groceries
cooked dinner
submitted an article to my editor
conference called
updated by site
did pr at myspace site
finished making a video
got income tax ready
passed out and died

Oh, I enjoyed myself on TFS for awhile.
Do I sound lazy?
Working from home isn't that easy, getting sidetracked happens all the time. Do you or do you want to work from home.
Big perk-I'm my own boss. NOT
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#2New Post! Feb 18, 2011 @ 18:06:16
What about breakfast and lunch? Clean any bedrooms? What about the living room? Did you put the groceries away?

Doesn't sound like you had too hard of a day. lol
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 18, 2011 @ 18:08:27
I know to work from home you'd have to incredibly organised and motivated.

A friend has the option of working at home, but never uses it unless absolutely necessary (like she's snowed in) because she just isn't strict enough with herself. If she tried to work from home regularly, she knows she spend most of her time doing other stuff, then rushing to get work done - whereas at the office she just gets on with it. That's what I'd be like!

But you should be able to ask other members of the family to help. You do have a job, just because you can do it at home doesn't make it any less. Surely the point of being a team is to share the workload.
lil_bear01 On February 18, 2011

Deleted

In my igloo, Canada
#4New Post! Feb 18, 2011 @ 19:45:30
I worked for my ex-hubby from home while raising 2 children and raising HIM also.

Taking care of the business, children, house and yard was NOT being lazy, I did more than a person having to get up at 5 or 6am and punch out at 4 or 5 did on any given day.

There was no rest or break times, it was 24/7 and required extensive multi-tasking, so no you are not lazy. Far from it, you are very organized and work more than the average worker that clocks out at 5 and the day is done for them.

Note: Not all people work eight hours than do nada, I know this, but some do and these are the ones I'm pointing out.

I don't give a rats a** if people think working from home makes one a lazy person because lazy is perceived differently for everyone.

Some do physical labor, some do mental work, some do both and to me they are all as stressful and important as each other.

People should focus on what THEY ARE doing instead of criticizing what other people are doing as this would go a long way in getting their own work done and help to put a stop to belittling what another person does for a living.

Very humble opinion! But very strong one!
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Feb 18, 2011 @ 20:23:48
@ReAdSaLoT Said

I've been thinking about this for quite awhile. So many people think it's easy and more and more people are working via computer. Things are changing dramatically, so I'd like to address. When I got sick, I retired from teaching, but still couldn't afford to give up the income.
I'm not going to talk about what I do as much as the reaction of my family. Yesterday in a moment of frustration my husband said, "Some of us work for a living." This went over like a lead balloon and I wrote a list of what I had done that day. Apologies were given, but he'll say it again. Because I'm home the house should be perfect, laundry always done and good meals seven days a week. HELL, I'M WORKING!!!! Keeping a home is a FULLTIME JOB. Hence, I have two jobs. Am I wrong to ask my family to help.
Yesterday
cleaned kitchen and 2 bathrooms
dusted and vacuumed
did 4 loads of laundry
got groceries
cooked dinner
submitted an article to my editor
conference called
updated by site
did pr at myspace site
finished making a video
got income tax ready
passed out and died

Oh, I enjoyed myself on TFS for awhile.
Do I sound lazy?
Working from home isn't that easy, getting sidetracked happens all the time. Do you or do you want to work from home.
Big perk-I'm my own boss. NOT

not to mention that she does put out some very nice poetry too .
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Feb 18, 2011 @ 21:13:08
@offbeat Said

not to mention that she does put out some very nice poetry too .

Indeed!

Jazz: Hit him with a hammer.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs